Windows 10: Win 10 Telemetry Article

Discus and support Win 10 Telemetry Article in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Another article on telemetry. Interested to read the opinion of the more experienced forum members and the opinion of the three tools mentioned.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by torre, Feb 15, 2016.

1. torre Win User

Win 10 Telemetry Article

Another article on telemetry. Interested to read the opinion of the more experienced forum members and the opinion of the three tools mentioned. (Spybot Antibeacon, O&O Shutup, Wireshark) Credible idea or too much tin foil ?

:)

torre, Feb 15, 2016

2. How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10

There is no supported method of disabling telemetry in win 10 Pro

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 15, 2016
  3. Accessing Windows 10 Telemetry Data for your Organisation

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in the Windows 10 Telemetry data/statistics.

Please refer tot the below article to explore everything about Windows 10 Telemetry data/statistics.

Configure Windows diagnostic data in your organization (Windows 10)

Let us know if you have any queries on windows, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Feb 15, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member
  5. simrick Win User
    Here is a post I made on the subject:

Solved Unsafe at any circunstance? - Windows 10 Forums

(Of course, you certainly don't want to use any anti-telemetry programs if you're in the Insider program.)

RE: Spybot Antibeacon - no experience with it
    RE: O&O Shutup - several people here in the forums have used it, and then had problems with Insider builds.
    RE: Wireshark - simply allows you to sniff your own packets.

simrick, Feb 15, 2016
  6. Victek Win User
    I use O&O Shutup10 on my computers. What I like about it is the granularity. You can toggle each option individually and if you're not sure what an option does you get a good description when you click on it. You can also apply settings via three presets i.e. "recommended settings", "limited recommended", and "all settings". O&O SU10 will also offer to create a system restore point before making any changes. That's not a bad idea, but I've also never found it necessary; I've never had a problem going back into the program and changing a setting.

Whether or not it's a good idea to limit Windows 10 telemetry depends on who you ask. Opinions here cover the spectrum. I strike a balance and allow the OS to communicate with regard the updates, Windows Defender, Smart Screen, and One Drive, and block everything else. If you're curious I would install O&O Shutup10 so you can examine all of the items and learn about them. Then you can decide which, if any, you want to turn off. Hope that helps *Nerd

Victek, Feb 20, 2016
  7. Spybot Antibeacon is great, because it shows the setting, so you can simply copy it and do it yourself.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Telemetry Article

1. Win 10 Telemetry Article - Similar Threads - Telemetry Article

2. Does disabling a Windows app disable all telemetry associated with the app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does disabling a Windows app disable all telemetry associated with the app?: Wondering if disabling actually does anything and how this could be verified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-disabling-a-windows-app-disable-all-telemetry/1602f37e-bcf3-4720-82d8-8663eebc281c
  3. Does disabling a Windows app disable all telemetry associated with the app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does disabling a Windows app disable all telemetry associated with the app?: Wondering if disabling actually does anything and how this could be verified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-disabling-a-windows-app-disable-all-telemetry/1602f37e-bcf3-4720-82d8-8663eebc281c
  4. Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application?: My VIPRE reports that it blocked the "Telemetry" attempted to modify armlink.exe that comes from TI's CCSV5.Here is the reportEvent Type2 -- NotifyTimeout0sMonitor Source2003 -- On File AccessMessage ID{E59653E1-6450-4AE4-B0C9-994EAD5FFF38}Monitor Type2 -- FileRecommend...
  5. Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application?

Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application?: My VIPRE reports that it blocked the "Telemetry" attempted to modify armlink.exe that comes from TI's CCSV5.Here is the reportEvent Type2 -- NotifyTimeout0sMonitor Source2003 -- On File AccessMessage ID{E59653E1-6450-4AE4-B0C9-994EAD5FFF38}Monitor Type2 -- FileRecommend...
  6. Why does Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry modify a third part application?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry keeps causing high memory usage when the laptop is turned...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry keeps causing high memory usage when the laptop is turned...: I don't know what's happening, but it's really frustrating because a few times I didn't notice, and then I play a game, and suddenly it crashes due to a memory leak. How do I fix this?...
  8. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry keeps causing high memory usage when the laptop is turned...

Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry keeps causing high memory usage when the laptop is turned...: I don't know what's happening, but it's really frustrating because a few times I didn't notice, and then I play a game, and suddenly it crashes due to a memory leak. How do I fix this?...
  9. Re: Microsoft Telemetry Spyware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re: Microsoft Telemetry Spyware: Is there a better way to stop the dreaded compatibility telemetry built into Windows 10 than the solution I've adopted? I just right-click on the Start button, select task manager, set it to list alphabetically then look for it in the list and click 'end task'. More often...
  10. Re: Microsoft Telemetry Spyware

Re: Microsoft Telemetry Spyware: Is there a better way to stop the dreaded compatibility telemetry built into Windows 10 than the solution I've adopted? I just right-click on the Start button, select task manager, set it to list alphabetically then look for it in the list and click 'end task'. More often...