Windows 10: Win 10, Threshold 2 won't keep default applications choices

Discus and support Win 10, Threshold 2 won't keep default applications choices in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I know that this came up before, at least with Acrobat (I run Acrobat 11 Pro). However, Win 10 also reverts other chosen default app choices to the MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JimmyW, Jan 13, 2016.

1. JimmyW Win User

Win 10, Threshold 2 won't keep default applications choices

I know that this came up before, at least with Acrobat (I run Acrobat 11 Pro). However, Win 10 also reverts other chosen default app choices to the MS app that handles the file type. JPG graphics are an example. My custom settings stick, even with Acrobat, until I reboot or perhaps a while thereafter. I've correctly edited the default apps through the Default apps system settings. Does anyone know something else that I can try? Thanks.

:)

JimmyW, Jan 13, 2016

2. Threshold 2 in win update catalog

Hi

i cant find Threshold 2 in win update catalog for download

i need Threshold 2 KB code

Mehrdad Aria, Jan 13, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jan 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if you've also tried using Control Panel, Default apps to set your options, usually this problem turns out to be a permissions issue.
    (Access the 'old' control panel e.g. via Windows key + X, click Control Panel.

You can try Tweaking.com's cautious repair tool to reset registry permissions, observing each step as it recommends, and you can inspect permissions on your C: drive or wherever Windows is installed.

(Rt click C:, Properties, Security tab)

Another possibility is this:
    Do you have Sync your settings ON for your PC and do you have another windows 10 system running under your Microsoft account?

For reference:
    Default Apps - Choose in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Jan 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Win 10, Threshold 2 won't keep default applications choices - Similar Threads - Threshold won't keep

2. Set the default application of win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set the default application of win 10: My pdf files are currently unable to install the open application by default, when I install Foxit Reader to open it, Windows automatically changes to Edge when I restart the computer. Please help me....
  3. Win 10 Home default app choices missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Home default app choices missing: Been searching for a simple answer for this but haven't found one. I'm trying to change the default program for opening certain file types. When using the 'default apps' in settings, the programs I would like to use (installed on my computer) are not an option, and selecting...
  4. Windows 10 enterprise Threshold 2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 enterprise Threshold 2: When are we enterprise users going to receive the update? Thanks. 29728
  5. Windows 10 Threshold 2

Windows 10 Threshold 2: Should I update first to build 10240 or wait till November? Also, will the Media Creation Tool update itself directly to the new build? Insiders, what is new in this update apart from UI changes? 27347
  6. Threshold 2 question

Threshold 2 question: I have Windows 10 professional. Unfortunately all this fast/slow ring , insider stuff is a tad confusing. On my machine I ticked defer updates as I don't want to be a beta tester/Guinea pig for any old release that comes down the pipe. But obviously I wonder about threshold 2...
  7. Threshold 2 destroys bcd

Threshold 2 destroys bcd: I was not getting the update thru the reg windows update so I decided to do a manual update to win 10 with the lastest ms tool. It actually was successful. When it completed I was able to use Windows normally and it was updated to threshold 2. However when i reboot I get a...
  8. Can't set default application of my choice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set default application of my choice: I have installed Image Glass (It is working) and I want to set Image Glass as my default image viewer. In Control Panel under Default Apps I do not get an option other than the options listed and the App Store. There is no option for choosing another app that is on the...
  9. Superfetch and SSD's in Threshold 2

in Windows 10 Support
    Superfetch and SSD's in Threshold 2: Threshold 2 has re-enabled superfetch on my PC (only SSD's on my system). I have waited over a week, run Winsat formal, etc. but superfetch remains on. Has anyone experienced this? Before I manually disable the service I would welcome any suggestions etc. PS: the...
  10. Windows 10 "Threshold 2" won't be ready on Nov 2nd.

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 "Threshold 2" won't be ready on Nov 2nd.: According to this news article Windows 10 "Threshold 2" won't be ready for consumers on November 2nd. Source: (WinBeta) http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-10-threshold-2-to-launch-november-2nd-for-consumers Update: I’m told Threshold 2 will not be launching...