Windows 10: win 10 unable to search for new items (photos and vids) from Android

Discus and support win 10 unable to search for new items (photos and vids) from Android in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; connecting my Android mobile devices with USB to my desktop PC running Windows 10, the default application appears and tries to search for new items... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tsw88, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Tsw88 Win User

win 10 unable to search for new items (photos and vids) from Android

connecting my Android mobile devices with USB to my desktop PC running Windows 10, the default application appears and tries to search for new items (photos and vids) but it never finds out any items from my Android devices but it quickly finds out all the items if it's an iPhone or iPad , asking which photos to import...

Any way to fix this problem? The Android devices are unlocked

:)

Tsw88, Dec 13, 2017
  2. JerreHale Win User

Photo Import Issue

Windows 10 Photo import was working and automatically imported new photos from my Android cell phone. But it quit importing them automatically. Now it shows the new items window but none of the features on the window are activated. All that is active is
    'select items to import from' and displays the number of items selected at the bottom of the screen but nowhere on the screen can I say yes import these photos. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerre

JerreHale, Dec 13, 2017
  3. COG645 Win User
    Win 10 photos creates duplicates

If I connect my Android phone via USB to my Win 10 PC the photos app says "Looking for new photos and videos". It then finds all the photos on the phone including those already imported. How can I ensure it only picks up new photos?

COG645, Dec 13, 2017
Thema:

win 10 unable to search for new items (photos and vids) from Android

1. win 10 unable to search for new items (photos and vids) from Android - Similar Threads - unable search items

2. Unable to use the folder or desktop Search bar for an item

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use the folder or desktop Search bar for an item: The Window Start Search bar is not the issue. It is the search bar that is on the window for documents and desktop folders, or external hard drive folders. The search bar is useless oftentimes not even allowing you to type within it. There are no error messages or any other...
  3. Unable to open Photos from Android in Paint Application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open Photos from Android in Paint Application: Hello! I am trying to open photos to my Paint application. This has worked previously - I would forward photos from my phone Samsung Galaxy to my email and open them on my laptop in Paint. However, now, I get the below error message - I also tried plugging the phone into the...
  4. Unable to open Photos from Android in Paint Application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open Photos from Android in Paint Application: Hello! I am trying to open photos to my Paint application. This has worked previously - I would forward photos from my phone Samsung Galaxy to my email and open them on my laptop in Paint. However, now, I get the below error message - I also tried plugging the phone into the...
  5. Unable to download items from Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to download items from Store: I'm currently using a local account for privacy and do not intend to create a Microsoft account. Regardless, I've been told I could still download free items from the Store, just by simply "x" when asked to log in. The problem is, even when that windows is discarded, the item...
  6. Importing photos from my Android mobile. When it searches and finds photos it freezes

Importing photos from my Android mobile. When it searches and finds photos it freezes: On the picture of the software searching for the photos from my mobile. It gets to stating that it has found 1607 and freezes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-photos-from-my-android-mobile-when-it/66b88593-69bf-455a-ad04-75d3f0c2c7b7
  7. Backup photos from Android to PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup photos from Android to PC: Hello. I would like to backup/sync my photos from DCIM folder to PC, so that when I plug in the USB, it asks me which folder I want to backup and it adds only new photos to by backup folder on my PC (incremental backup). I know Windows has something like this embedded but it...
  8. Unable to import photos from Android device

Unable to import photos from Android device: In June 2019 I imported photos from my LG Aristo 3 with no issues. Now I cannot. Plus photos previously - some are now corrupt or cannot be opened. Was this due to an update and if so, how can this be stopped. ***Modified title from: Photo Import from Android***...
  9. Photo Import from Android

Photo Import from Android: In June 2019 I imported photos from my LG Aristo 3 with no issues. Now I cannot. Plus photos previously - some are now corrupt or cannot be opened. Was this due to an update and if so, how can this be stopped....
  10. Unable to drag items / move items from desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to drag items / move items from desktop: Not sure what ive done wrong but i believe i renamed my email adress account linked to my windows 10 login (which in turn has renamed the user folder name) now whenever i try to move a file or folder from example (Download folder) to my desktop i get this error popping up...