Windows 10: win 10, up to date, all web videos are starting on mute

Discus and support win 10, up to date, all web videos are starting on mute in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I have tried pretty much everything on forums and websites that I have been able to find and I have go so far as to nuke and fresh install 1 of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VikingTrad3r, Jul 18, 2018.

1. win 10, up to date, all web videos are starting on mute

Hello. I have tried pretty much everything on forums and websites that I have been able to find and I have go so far as to nuke and fresh install 1 of my windows 10 pc's.

This problem is happening on every windows 10 computer in my household which is 5 of them. It happens in any browswer: oldschool IE, edge, chrome, firefox.

when I click on a video, it starts muted.

when I have a news site going and want it to auto play (toggle on the website clicked on) it will autoplay the video but each new video will start muted. totally defeats the point and ultra annoying. cannot have news on in the background.

note, this is for ALL browsers.

I am thinking its got something to do with html5 and windows 10, in a latest update. I am not a computer guy, but based on me trying everything permissions related within each of the browsers listed above, nothing fixes the issue, that lead me to thinking it must be more global, like in the OS.

I have zero plugins installed. I was hoping that my fresh re-load of win 10 would solve it. no dice.

please help! Thank You, RM.

:)

VikingTrad3r, Jul 18, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Can't watch videos on Win 10

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• Which web browser are you using to watch online videos?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are using Internet Explorer to watch online videos, I suggest you to
    follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note: The above mentioned article contains steps to reset IE. Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings in IE are lost and cannot
    be recovered.

Please reply us with the required information along with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Video Playback Does NOT work with Win 10 (youtube, vimeo, etc)

Thank you for replying,

Unfortunately neither of these things seem to be the issue. The graphics card has the latest driver and Win 10 is set to auto update at the moment. Although I did double check and it is up to date.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin

Kdigennaro, Jul 18, 2018
  4. AL43915 Win User

win 10, up to date, all web videos are starting on mute

Mute-Mute-Mute

Guess I am joining the party. Have tried everything. Its a one shot deal with the microphone. I can do one command to Cortana and I get muted. Skype, I last a few seconds. My two computers are the same, a new Lenovo laptop, and my Asus Kabby Lake gamer. No malware or viruses, drivers are all up to date. Tried every suggestion I have found across Internet. Nothing has worked for me. Microsoft, you folks need to fix this bug, I'd call you and leave a message but I keep getting muted.

AL43915, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

win 10, up to date, all web videos are starting on mute

1. win 10, up to date, all web videos are starting on mute - Similar Threads - date web videos

2. up dating to win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    up dating to win 11: Hi my name is j papianni I just received notice that my comp. will not accept win 11 i have a i5-6400 cpu found my core # I read that micro soft is going to allow i5 to accept win 11. thank you...
  3. up dating to win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    up dating to win 11: Hi my name is j papianni I just received notice that my comp. will not accept win 11 i have a i5-6400 cpu found my core # I read that micro soft is going to allow i5 to accept win 11. thank you...
  4. WIN 10 START-UP

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN 10 START-UP: RECENTLY ON START-UP MY DESKTOP PC SHOWS THE FOLLOWING ERROR MESSAGE ON COMPLETION, set user settings to driver failed. CLICKING OK ALLOWS ME TO PROCEED NORMALLY. CAN I GET RID OF ERROR MESSAGE? REGARDS TERRY FOSTER...
  5. win 10 brightness setting NOT possible, all up to date followed all existing posts, no success

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 brightness setting NOT possible, all up to date followed all existing posts, no success: Seriously, that is seriously. My monitor, Samsung U J590, does not allow brightness settings (greyed out) because it expects the OS doing it, but Win10 fails. Spend now 3h to get that **** function back, read loads of articles. Nothing worked. Your advice please !...
  6. windos 10 muted all videos fuck you microsofy motherfucker

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windos 10 muted all videos fuck you microsofy motherfucker: why on hell windows 10 mutes video fuck you bastards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windos-10-muted-all-videos-fuck-you-microsofy/497c4cd8-4ea5-4a06-bb01-1cdf711391d6"
  7. something causing all videos --in any and all browsers-- muted. HELP

in Browsers and Email
    something causing all videos --in any and all browsers-- muted. HELP: this has happened to multiple computers at my home network. we are all running win 10. we run a variety of browsers: firefox, IE, edge, and chrome. videos that we click, are starting muted. every time. at first, because i use chrome, i thought it was chrome related. but...
  8. videos on websites opening muted windows 10 home all browsers

in Browsers and Email
    videos on websites opening muted windows 10 home all browsers: I have 5 computers in my home, all running up to date versions of windows 10 home or pro. this issue is driving me crazy. it used to be that no mater which browser I used, edge, chrome, or firefox, I could watch/listen to news video clips on bnnbloomberg.ca and ctv.ca now...
  9. videos on websites opening muted windows 10 home all browsers

in Windows 10 Support
    videos on websites opening muted windows 10 home all browsers: I have 5 computers in my home, all running up to date versions of windows 10 home or pro. this issue is driving me crazy. it used to be that no mater which browser I used, edge, chrome, or firefox, I could watch/listen to news video clips on bnnbloomberg.ca and ctv.ca now...
  10. Win 10 Start-up

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Start-up: After a reinstall and check all settings. When I start windows, she starts fine into my cover page. However, when I restore from Sleep she boots into the sign in page w/ time in the lower left. I have to click on the time, then click on the Welcome page (sign in), then she...