Windows 10: Win 10 update 1803 refuses to finish

Discus and support Win 10 update 1803 refuses to finish in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a HP Pavilion 15-AB223C1 since 2015 and have not had an update problem until yesterday. That 1803 update - which you cannot turn off, refuse, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by p23185, Jun 1, 2018.

1. p23185 Win User

Win 10 update 1803 refuses to finish

I have a HP Pavilion 15-AB223C1 since 2015 and have not had an update problem until yesterday. That 1803 update - which you cannot turn off, refuse, or even review - will not complete. At first we were able to get to the log in screen and when trying to open it gave some error msg about SDS or SNS (cannot remember exactly). Today cannot even get to a log in screen it just starts up with the built in repair console first wanting to you select keyboard layout language, and then you get to all the options. NONE of these options will work - Rollback states there are no restore points with a big red X (there were plenty of restore points prior to update taking control, and I and many others have suffered the case of missing restore points). I tried every other repair console option to no avail.

Finally I decided I will probably have to do a clean repair from a Windows downloaded ISO media. I loaded up both a USB stick and then also burned an image to DVD of the latest on-line Win 10.

I have fiddled with the UEFI trying to figure out how I can stop it from going to the HD (no way to remove a boot i see). I tried separately setting the USB mem stick and the internal DVD to number one boot priority and it thinks for a while (I can see the USB mem stick light flashing, unfortunately when trying DVD there is no light but I can hear it turning) and every time it announces that "It looks like you started an upgrade, remove the media and click yes. IF you want to perform a clean install instead click NO" (see attached) Well I do not want a FRESH INSTALL I want to preserve the thousands of photos on the C: drive and am hoping to get to the position of ISO Repair.

BUT the machine comes back to the build in repair console with the same old list of options none of which work. IT refuses to boot to the USB or DVD and instead returns you to the uncompleted upgrate. WHAT TO DO??

Should I be selecting NO and I want a fresh install and then hope that the screen comes up from the ISO image that will allow me to REPAIR and saving all personal data. I REALLY DO NOT WANT A RAW INSTALL.

I will reserve my caustic comments about Win10 for another time and place. I have attached a screen shot of the message it always returns to.

I think the 1803 upgrade is stuck never having finished and the machine will not allow any other operation. I have no clue how to stop the 1803 upgrade since Rollback and restore do NOT work. (why is restore now called ROLLBACK - at first I thought it meant rollback to Win 8)? ANY SUGGESTIONS.
    Win 10 update 1803 refuses to finish [​IMG]

:)

p23185, Jun 1, 2018
  2. kittlela Win User

Cannot finish update window to ver 1803

I tried to update to win 10 ver 1803 twice, but I could not finish the update. My Note book seemed to stop working when it reach 42% complete.

What is wrong?

I use Lenovo G40 with intel i3 CPU, 4 GB RAM, 64 bits.

kittlela, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 update 1803 can't finished installation

Windows 10 update 1803 can't finished installation, after all installation process finishing and installation error code 0x800742b.

JurijsHmelevskis, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 update 1803 refuses to finish

1. Win 10 update 1803 refuses to finish - Similar Threads - update 1803 refuses

2. Windows 10 Version 1803 refuses to update to the latest version.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Version 1803 refuses to update to the latest version.: A few months ago, I had managed to recover a laptop I used to use before it fell into what could best be discribed as a comatose state from an accidental spil, ever since then I have been trying to update Windows 10 to 21H2, only for each attempt to fail on me and revert back...
  3. Windows 10 Version 1803 refuses to update to the latest version.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Version 1803 refuses to update to the latest version.: A few months ago, I had managed to recover a laptop I used to use before it fell into what could best be discribed as a comatose state from an accidental spil, ever since then I have been trying to update Windows 10 to 21H2, only for each attempt to fail on me and revert back...
  4. Windows 10 Version 1803 refuses to update to the latest version.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 10 1803 will not update

Win 10 1803 will not update: I have a win 10 installation that is version 1803I have tried for the last few weeks to update and it always fails I have followed advice on these forums and others with regards to ISO/MEDIA creation etc etc and it simply will not update. I do not want to clean install as I...
  6. Windows 10 Refuses to update from 1803

Windows 10 Refuses to update from 1803: My Computer refuses to update. I have had this issue since well, A year+ now. I currently have windows 10 pro 1803. I have tried using command prompts to restore/check and repair files. I have tried deleting the update data folders to redownload them. I have tried...
  7. Win 10 1803 to 1903 update

Win 10 1803 to 1903 update: My Desktop computer running Win 10 updated from version 1803 to 1903 a while back, but my Desktop running Win 10 version 1803 I'm assuming the update 1803 to 1903 has now resumed after the earlier problems caused a suspension? Any thoughts, suggestions?...
  8. Win 10 1803 to 1809 update

Win 10 1803 to 1809 update: Good day one and all. My Desktop computer running Win 10 updated from version 1803 to 1809 a while back, but my laptop/notebook running Win 10 version 1803 (As of a Check for updates today 15 Nov 2018 6:30 AM) still hasn't updated to 1809. I'm assuming the update 1803...
  9. Cannot finish Update to Windows 10 version 1803

Cannot finish Update to Windows 10 version 1803: Receive message that install of update to windows 10 version 1803 can't complete because app, Avira AntiVir couldn't be uninstalled. When I go to uninstall manually this app, it is not found. I am unable to install other apps that I need because of this. How do I resolve?...
  10. WIN 10 1803 Update

WIN 10 1803 Update: Keeps downloading, installing, reinstating, resetting to previous state. Error 0x8007042B-0x4000D "The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA OPERATION". The above error occurred after my last attempt to update from the 1709 update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. couldn finish update 1803

2. update 1803 windows does not finish installing