Windows 10: Win 10 update causes lost internet connection

Discus and support Win 10 update causes lost internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had this problem before, this time on a HP All In One. A Win update caused the ethernet connection to be unusable. I finally got it back using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CTPhil, Dec 28, 2016.

1. CTPhil Win User

Win 10 update causes lost internet connection

I've had this problem before, this time on a HP All In One. A Win update caused the ethernet connection to be unusable. I finally got it back using system restore. I don't have any confidence that Windows won't just reinstall an unsuitable driver. Neither Windows or HP apparently considers a consumer throwaway AIO worthy of providing proper drivers.

So my question is, is there any way to reverse engineer the driver that is working into an .exe that can simply be left on the desktop and reinstalled in the event the wrong drivers are installed again?

:)

CTPhil, Dec 28, 2016
  2. maciejsej Win User

Lost internet access, after latest update of WIN 10 patch dated 27.06

After latest update of WIN 10, patch dated 27.06 I have lost internet access via my wireless adapter. The connection is set as established but there is no internet.

This is second time in a row when the new patch destroyed my Wi-Fi connection.

Original title: Wi-Fi for WIN 10

maciejsej, Dec 28, 2016
  3. maxie8801 Win User
    internet connection

after 1 hr idle time internet connect is lost and must restart laptop. win 10 asus x553m intel quad core 4gb mem

maxie8801, Dec 28, 2016
  4. Win 10 update causes lost internet connection

One should be able to get that exe for that driver version either from HP or from the original equipment manufacturer. I do this exact same thing for my Intel Ac7260. I kept a copy because even with update my drivers off I get a new driver when I major update is released.

To tell Windows to stop updating my drivers. ( Process is reversible by clicking Yes).

Stop Windows Updating Drivers
    Right click on Windows Start
    Click on Control Panel
    Click on System and Security
    Click on System
    Click on Advance system settings
    Click on Hardware tab
    Click on Device Installation Settings
    Click on No
    A menu appears (first time) click Never Install driver software.
    You may get a warning. Click the option that says I’ll take care of it (not exact words)

Caledon Ken, Dec 29, 2016
  5. CTPhil Win User
    Will the .exe from HP have the same name as the .sys that is installed?

Thanks for the other advice, I didn't know you could do that! I've had a multitude of similar issues with touchpad drivers on Dell computers.

CTPhil, Dec 29, 2016
  6. Yes the package from HP will be an exe and it will install everything it needs, especially the driver. The key is the driver version number. Not sure if same name again, its the version number and associated files to make that driver go.

Actually once you install the drivers manually they will stay on your device until you do a clean install. If the driver were to get updated, then you would go into device manager, etc, etc, and click update driver. Windows will give you two options, tell it to browse your computer and you can pick the version you want.

If you are using driver more recent than HP has on file go to vendor sites. Never know what you are going to catch on the web. Other here may know and use a very good driver site, I use computer manufacture or device vendor.

Yes I use Win 10 on an old d630 and finding its driver was a pain. I found it roaming the Dell site. Sure windows will install one to work but you can't access to customize.

Caledon Ken, Dec 29, 2016
  7. CTPhil Win User
    I've found that there is little rhyme or reason which computers end up with driver issues. I've had issues with several of the Dell Latitude E64xx series, and HP of course. But I put it on a P4 Dell Optiplex 280 and haven't had to custom install a driver.

CTPhil, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 update causes lost internet connection

1. Win 10 update causes lost internet connection - Similar Threads - update causes lost

2. internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet connection lost: hi allMy internet is disconnected every few minutes for an unknown reason and it shows limited access, no matter what I did, it doesn't work, I even changed the wireless chip, it didn't work, can anyone help me, what should I do?...
  3. internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet connection lost: hi allMy internet is disconnected every few minutes for an unknown reason and it shows limited access, no matter what I did, it doesn't work, I even changed the wireless chip, it didn't work, can anyone help me, what should I do?...
  4. Lost internet connection after recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost internet connection after recent update: I was able to get back internet connection after I rolled back. Please address this. Previously I was able to roll back to fix the problem of blank screen of my acer aspire 5 laptop. But the update process eventually put back the bad changes, now I have to use ubuntu if I...
  5. How to diagnose cause of lost internet connectivity?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to diagnose cause of lost internet connectivity?: From time to time my system cannot connect to the Internet. The "modem" (from ExSpectrum) indicates (by its lights) that all is well. The Internet icon status in the lower left also indicates Internet connectivity, yet there isn't any. Obviously it's restored now. I try...
  6. How to diagnose cause of lost internet connectivity?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to diagnose cause of lost internet connectivity?: From time to time my system cannot connect to the Internet. The "modem" (from ExSpectrum) indicates (by its lights) that all is well. The Internet icon status in the lower left also indicates Internet connectivity, yet there isn't any. Obviously it's restored now. I try...
  7. Lost Internet Connection with October 2020 Update

Lost Internet Connection with October 2020 Update: I know this will sound silly but I have to post my experience with the latest update of Windows 10. First here are some specs on the machine I'm using and how it is connected to the internet. If there is more you need let me know. - PC: Alienware Area-51 R5 - Internet...
  8. lost internet connection

lost internet connection: I stupidly agree to Microsoft to sync my computers...… since then, my laptop is ok but somehow, my other computer, which is directy plugged to the internet does not have access to the internet...my desktop picture got transferred to my other computer?????? now I cannot...
  9. Lost internet connectivity

Lost internet connectivity: Sudenly my Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 version 1803 lost internet connectivity. I got a strong WiFi signal but no Internet . Wi-Fi and internet are working properly with another devices. Running the troubleshooter I got a message: " security or firewall settings might be...
  10. Internet connection lost

Internet connection lost: On Friday, there was an update by Windows 10 and immediately afterwards I lost my internet connection. I contacted the chat help and the lady there had me try a couple of things which did not help including reversing the update. i contacted my service provider and they could...