Windows 10: Win 10 Update OK. Now can I clean install?

Discus and support Win 10 Update OK. Now can I clean install? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. As the title says. I have successfully updated my PC from Win 8.1 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Pro 64bit and managed to activate it. I have downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JemTheWire, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Win 10 Update OK. Now can I clean install?

Hello. As the title says. I have successfully updated my PC from Win 8.1 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Pro 64bit and managed to activate it.

I have downloaded the ISO via Media Builder. Now I have upgraded AND activated, can I do a clean install? I.E. Format my HDD and install from my ISO.

I have a UEFI BIOS.

Thanks.

:)

JemTheWire, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Jeff-280 Win User

Do windows 8.1 product keys still work for activation after windows 10 upgrade?

Hi Jessen,

Can you clarify for me, if I update to Win 10 now, and then I upgrade my motherboard & processor in a few months time, what will happen to my Win 8.1 product key? In the case that I want to clean install Win 8.1 (to be updated to Win 10 afterwards).

Jeff-280, Jul 29, 2015
  3. onojim1 Win User
    install win 10 says please wait and then just sits there all day? what now?

I installed win 10 on my win 7 laptop than removed it and went back to win 7 which works ok. Now I'm ready to try win 10 again but when I click on the win 10 icon it just says wait. I've waited all day with nothing happening. What now?

I stumbled around and got win 10 to install. Now it says Getting Updates and then says "checking for updates 0%". It also says" this may take a few minutes" but this has been going on for 30 minutes so far, The NEXT and BACK buttons don't work. How long
    is a few minutes?

I cancelled the above update. Now it says "setup is cleaning up before it closes this may take a few minutes" seems to be going on and on and on.. Now I remember why I abandoned win 10 and went back the win 7. MS has done it again. No wonder it's free, as
    all would ask for a refund. Very frustrating!

onojim1, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Win 10 Update OK. Now can I clean install?

If you have verified that Windows has activated correctly, your unique installation ID should be stored and a clean install will activate without issues.

Just in case of errors, make a note of your Product Key for Windows 8.1, because it may be required if activation does not work correctly.

For all else, you should be good to go!

Windows Sniper, Jul 29, 2015
  5. kampfer Win User
    is it normal for the upgrade to lag at evrything? when i had the win 10 tp it was great and fast at evrything but once i upgraded my win 7 it seems evrything starts slow gaming has allot of lag will it help to do a clean install or am i better of restoring windows 7?

kampfer, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Kampfer, you would be better of creating a new thread in the gaming section so the original topic does not become derailed.

Windows Sniper, Jul 29, 2015
  7. @ Windows Sniper

Thank you for that. I have a disk image of my Win 8.1 setup I made prior to the Win 10 upgrade. I also have the original OEM Win 8.1 setup disk when I built my system, including the Product Key.

And yes, it clearly states 'This copy of Windows is activated'. It did take some time as the servers were being hammered.

JemTheWire, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Win 10 Update OK. Now can I clean install?

Good luck, and let us know if you have any issues.

Windows Sniper, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Update OK. Now can I clean install?

1. Win 10 Update OK. Now can I clean install? - Similar Threads - Update clean install

2. CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10: Attn: Greg Carmack Greg: I am studying your tutorial on doing a CLEAN INSTALL to try to familiarize my self with the process. Your instructions are quite simple to understand but I am getting confused on the link to the article about File History. This is what I understand...
  3. Clean install win 10

Clean install win 10: Hey, I have a toshiba satellite computer. a week ago the computer got into the automatic repair loop. After trying some methods i understood that my only option is to clean install win 10 again. So, i used Rufus to make a bootable usb and when the installation got atarted i...
  4. clean install win 10

clean install win 10: cannot create a partition or find an existing one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/clean-install-win-10/72c073f8-1a63-4866-b133-7559ced90d03
  5. upgrade 7 to 10 OK. Can I clean install 10 on another partition

upgrade 7 to 10 OK. Can I clean install 10 on another partition: Win 7 is running on partition 1. On a second partition I did a clean install of Win 7 then upgraded to Win10 and all activated OK, giving me a dual boot win 10 or original Win 7. I would now like to do a clean install of Win 10 on the original, still valid, Win 7. Will this...
  6. Clean install of win 10 ?

Clean install of win 10 ?: Hi guys;i could never do a Clean a install of win10 preview on my PC's from a DVD ISO, i get stuck here, see pic; although i can upgrade from win 7 to win 10. the DVD ISO i made was from MS. Image codes: DSC02178 4374
  7. Laptop had Win 8 and upgraded to Win 10. Can I install a clean Win 10?

Laptop had Win 8 and upgraded to Win 10. Can I install a clean Win 10?: As topic says, friends laptop had Win 8 and he updated to Win 10. Now I wonder if he can install a clean Win 10 through USB with his Win 8 serialkey. 40889
  8. Install clean Win 10

Install clean Win 10: Hello I used the media creation tool which I had burned to dvd to install win 10 after uupgradingfrom 8.1. I paid strict attention to any place like adv or apply to delete the partitions but found none. I did tell it to bring "nothing" forward in the process. The pc works...
  9. Clean install Win 10

Clean install Win 10: Initial state of machine - Machine Lenovo AIO, win10 home 64bit UEFI Created DVD and USB via media creation tool 64bit win 10 home and booted into both media they load as far as getting all files then reboots. System created 4 partions Disc map on 2TB disc. Partion size...
  10. Computer will not now post after Win 10 clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not now post after Win 10 clean install: I clean installed Windows 10 about 2-3 weeks before the problem. During the clean install, the computer crashed once, but was otherwise rock stable. The first time I had the current problem I got an error saying something like Boot Failed and the Bios was reset to its...