Windows 10: Win 10 Update question ?

Discus and support Win 10 Update question ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have one PC and run Win8.1 or Win10. depending on which SSD I use I run Win7 most of the time and every few months pit the Win 8.1 SSD to get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iamlost, Feb 14, 2016.

1. iamlost Win User

Win 10 Update question ?

I have one PC and run Win8.1 or Win10. depending on which SSD I use
    I run Win7 most of the time and every few months pit the Win 8.1 SSD to get the updates

They are Win 7 Ultimate and Win8.1 Pro versions

Question is if I update the Win8.1 SSD to Win10 and put it back in the drawer,
    will the Win7 SSD run ok on the same system.

I really have no need for Win10 but would like to update the Win8.1 in case I need it in the future

Thanks

:)

iamlost, Feb 14, 2016
  2. Bryan H_ Win User

upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

Two questions regarding upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10.

1) The Win 10 update has already been downloaded to my PC and is ready to install. My question is can I create a DVD that contains the Win 10 update? If I have to back-out of Win 10, I don't want to wait for the update to download again (my internet access
    is DSL and of course it took forever for the Win 10 update to d/l).

2) Is an internet connection required during the upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10? I was thinking of disabling anti-virus while the update is going and I would turn off the network so I am not exposed while anti-virus is not running. My anti-virus is Avast.

Thanks for your input.

Bryan H_, Feb 14, 2016
  3. question

I have a question for win 10, will it install because right now its downloading, I looked in win update this morning and it says upgrade to win 10 failed? plz help

SavoySainvil, Feb 14, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Win 10 Update question ?

Yes. Windows 10 will not do anything to keep the computer from Windows 7.

NavyLCDR, Feb 14, 2016
Thema:

Win 10 Update question ?

1. Win 10 Update question ? - Similar Threads - Update question

2. Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update: I only just learned that the next wave of mitigations for CVE-2023-24932 are coming out tomorrow/April 9th, and that this update will be applied automatically by Windows Updatewill this be its own update, or will it be included in the Cumulative Update for...
  3. Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update: I only just learned that the next wave of mitigations for CVE-2023-24932 are coming out tomorrow/April 9th, and that this update will be applied automatically by Windows Updatewill this be its own update, or will it be included in the Cumulative Update for...
  4. Questions About the Upcoming April 9th Secure Boot Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Question Regarding Win 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question Regarding Win 11 update: Hello,I recently mistakenly opted for the free upgrade to Windows 11 by clicking "yes". However, I haven't proceeded with the update as I didn't want it in the first place. Now, I find myself constantly prompted to restart my computer and update to Windows 11, version 22H2,...
  6. Question Regarding Win 11 update

Question Regarding Win 11 update: Hello,I recently mistakenly opted for the free upgrade to Windows 11 by clicking "yes". However, I haven't proceeded with the update as I didn't want it in the first place. Now, I find myself constantly prompted to restart my computer and update to Windows 11, version 22H2,...
  7. Question Regarding Win 11 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I'm trying to update financial information by answering questions

I'm trying to update financial information by answering questions: I'm trying to update financial information for barclays credit card ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-update-financial-information-by/7abd780f-9144-4230-a672-6222bb748608
  9. I'm trying to update financial information by answering questions

in Windows 10 Customization
    I'm trying to update financial information by answering questions: I'm trying to update financial information for barclays credit card ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-update-financial-information-by/7abd780f-9144-4230-a672-6222bb748608
  10. I'm trying to update financial information by answering questions

in Windows 10 Gaming