Windows 10: Win 10 update ruined my computer

Discus and support Win 10 update ruined my computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought a 1500+ asus gaming laptop 18 months ago and have had zero problems until today. My computer forces me to do a win10 update and after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mlinderbt, May 17, 2016.

1. mlinderbt Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I bought a 1500+ asus gaming laptop 18 months ago and have had zero problems until today. My computer forces me to do a win10 update and after the update is complete my computer starts up and takes me to a login screen that has a totally different background than before and now isnt asking for a pw, it just wants me to click on a welcome tab right below my name. It has now been an hour and im still on the login screen and even if i shut down my computer and turn it back on its still on this login screen.

:)

mlinderbt, May 17, 2016

2. Windows 10 upgrade killed my Laptop Drive

My HP mini 210-2145dx did the same. Win 10 needs at least 2 gigs and minis mostly have one. The update directly ruined our computers...the minis arent worth the cost of a new hard drive...What are you going to do microsoft? win 10 also ruined my new hp touchsmart
    with an update. Where do I SENDTHE BILL>>\\...??????

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

JonChapin2280, May 17, 2016
  3. IE11 on Windows 10 not working

I too upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10, and it's been nothing but a nightmare.

As far as I'm concerned, I've ruined my computer by doing so. IE doesn't work any more, either.

Looks like Google Chrome will become my default browser, assuming WIN 10 hasn't ruined that for me as well.

I am an ordinary, run-of-the-mill computer user, unable and unwilling to start experimenting with various nebulous fixes. If this is a problem that is widespread, perhaps Microsoft has a fix for computer-challenged people like me?

[Original title: Windows 10 upgrade]

SteveWoods151154, May 17, 2016
  4. mlinderbt Win User

Every 30 seconds the screen flickers for a sec and the mouse arrow on the screen gets a blue circle under it for a sec. There is clearly some sort of glitch

mlinderbt, May 17, 2016
  5. mlinderbt Win User
    mlinderbt, May 17, 2016
  6. bobkn Win User
    I haven't had to face that problem with any of my PCs yet. (Touch wood. [Old pagan ritual to avoid bad luck.])

You may ultimately have to re-install Windows, but I hope that someone can offer a less painful fix.

A suggestion: "Windows 10 update ruined my computer" sounds like a ranting post. There are many helpful people here, but they respond better to requests for help than to complaints.

bobkn, May 18, 2016
  7. mlinderbt Win User
    Point taken on the thread name. I finally got my comp to power down and when i turned it back on everything worked so lets hope theres no more issues!

mlinderbt, May 18, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 update ruined my computer - Similar Threads - update ruined computer

2. MS win 10 update ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS win 10 update ruined my computer: Recipients Posting this on every MS page/ site I can find in hopes of getting through to the powers that be. Recipients Bob BenoitWindows Insider Program Hi, I'm the latest newb & not sure how long I'll be following. I have an ASRock Graphite 360 LCGS w/ amd ryzen 5 5600x...
  3. MS win 10 update ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS win 10 update ruined my computer: Recipients Posting this on every MS page/ site I can find in hopes of getting through to the powers that be. Recipients Bob BenoitWindows Insider Program Hi, I'm the latest newb & not sure how long I'll be following. I have an ASRock Graphite 360 LCGS w/ amd ryzen 5 5600x...
  4. MS win 10 update ruined my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Update Ruined My Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Ruined My Computer: Hi so around June 16th my desktop Windows 11 Home had an update and once I was done with whatever I was doing I wanted to shut it down but obviously it had to update so there was the option to update then shutdown and I did that and then the blue screen "of death" appeared...
  6. Windows Update Ruined My Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Ruined My Computer: Hi so around June 16th my desktop Windows 11 Home had an update and once I was done with whatever I was doing I wanted to shut it down but obviously it had to update so there was the option to update then shutdown and I did that and then the blue screen "of death" appeared...
  7. Update ruined my computer screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update ruined my computer screen: I sent an email earlier this week. This is URGENT. A request for an "update" kept appearing on my computer screen for about a week and I just replied "remind me later". I finally hit the "update now" button I think it was Tuesday. NOW MY ENTIRE SCREEN HAS BEEN CONDENSED. The...
  8. Update ruined computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update ruined computer: Hi guys. I’m not an expert but I’m reasonably tech savvy and can follow instructions. My computer has an SSD, plenty of room and I’ve never had a problem with it. It has been the perfect computer until I installed the latest updates. Audio doesn’t work at all and the...
  9. Update ruined my computer

Update ruined my computer: I'm so frustrated. My computer updated on the 14th, I believe and it made all my files, bookmarks, passwords, settings,n lightroom presets, etc disappear. I've restarted a billion times, I've tried to uninstall the update, I've tried to restore to a previous backup several...
  10. Updates Ruined My Computer

Updates Ruined My Computer: Help immediately needed. Since your latest updates my computer has not worked right since. You deleted my background picture, plug & play no longer works so I cannot use my devices, autoplay no longer works so I cannot even start my devices. I can no longer use the internet....