Windows 10: Win 10 upgrade, browsing issues, all browsers.

Discus and support Win 10 upgrade, browsing issues, all browsers. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, I have just upgraded my PC to win 10 from Win 7 Ultimate. I had thought it had gone surprisingly well! However, I have found an odd problem.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MoridinUK, May 20, 2016.

1. MoridinUK Win User

Win 10 upgrade, browsing issues, all browsers.

Hi all,

I have just upgraded my PC to win 10 from Win 7 Ultimate. I had thought it had gone surprisingly well! However, I have found an odd problem.

I was trying to use tumblr. However, Chrome, and Firefox cannot render the login screen correctly. The text entry box appears as a single pixel in height and it does not work even if I fill it in and hit enter without using the mouse.

MS edge does better, it renders the login page fine and lets me in, however, the icons along the top right of the dashboard are missing as are the icons on each post for a reblog or to like the post.

I haven't been able to find much on this beyond the clear your cache/browser history and reinstall, all of which I have tried. I'm unsure what the problem is especially as all most all of sites appear fine. I expect there is some font type problem but am unable to resolve it.

Does anyone have any similar experience or advice?

Also if I do want to do a clean install of win10, how do I got about getting the install media and keys to do so, as this was my free upgrade to my win7 or would I have to reinstall win 7 and then upgrade again?

Thanks for any help,

:)

MoridinUK, May 20, 2016
  2. Mr. Low Win User

Win 10: How to eliminate unwanted pop up advetisememts.

Hi,

I just upgraded from Win 8.1 (Pro) to Win 10 (Pro).

I am using 3 types of browser i.e. MS Edge, Chrome and Firefox for my desktop PC.

I find that during web browsing of my popular sites, there are too many unwanted pop up advertisements and videos at both side and the bottom of the screen. The pop up blocker of all these browser seems not working even it is set at "Enable"

This never happen in Win 8.1 (Pro). May I know how to fix this issue? Or this issue can only be fixed by MS through a patching Window Update ?

Thanks

Win 10 upgrade, browsing issues, all browsers. [​IMG]

Mr. Low, May 20, 2016
  3. Windows freezing when browsing

Hi

Ever since I upgraded to windows 10 my pc keeps freezing when browsing, in all browsers. It so far has only froze when I have browsers open. I've updated graphic drivers, have latest win 10 update and still the freezing happens. It's been 3 months now
    and it's getting to be a right royal pain in the a..

It's driving me crazy

Any help would be appreciated

philipwilson09, May 20, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    I don't have the rendering problems you described, and I'm not sure how to help there. You could try updating your video drivers. But, for a reinstall, you can download the ISO from MSTech Bench. Your system should auto-activate, as long as it is activated now (no need to input a key). The activation is stored on the MS servers, so you can reinstall as often as you like/need.

simrick, May 20, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    You tried Chrome, FF and Edge.
    What about checking out with IE11 ?

davidhk, May 20, 2016
  6. MoridinUK Win User
    I'm not sure what happened, but without doing anything, not even a restart since posting this, the problem has cleared up. I also saw it happen on a different win 7 machine. I'm very confused but it must have been something on tumblr's side of the fence

MoridinUK, May 21, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    Glad it's sorted! *Thumbs

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 upgrade, browsing issues, all browsers. - Similar Threads - upgrade browsing issues

2. Javascript Issues with all browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Javascript Issues with all browsers: Good day,I have an ongoing issue with my browserschrome & Edge when I view all webpages. Sometimes parts of the website do not load, CSS problems, but it seems mainly linked to Javascript errors in my browsers. I have the most noticeable issue with youtube. Every video cannot...
  3. Issues with all browsers not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with all browsers not responding: So I am a ZoomText user and have a Dell laptop my employer provided me. All my browsers experience slowness and eventually I get an hourglass cursor and my browser dithers and I get "not responding" for a few seconds and it goes back to normal. but the slowness is incredibly...
  4. Win 10 Upgrade issues -

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Upgrade issues -: I purchased a full version of Win10 Pro last week and upgraded today from Win 7 after several attempts. It seems to work okay but I was curious what version it was so I checked it use the winver command. It shows to be Version10.0 Build 10240. After a web search I learned...
  5. Win 10 upgrade issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 upgrade issue: Hello Sir: I'm planning to upgrade my PC from Win 7 to 10. At first, I booted my PC with Win 10 CD, after the step I chose "Upgrade: Install Windows and keep files, settings, and applications", I got an error message that "The computer started using the Windows Installation...
  6. Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge and Firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge and Firefox: Hi, I posted this support request https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/slow-browsing-on-all-browsers-except-edge/3eba1b58-528a-4002-9519-deb1db42d7ca?tm=1557702617388&rtAction=1557784968972&page=2&auth=1 but the person helping does not...
  7. Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow browsing on all browsers except Edge: Hi, I have just purchased a Dell xps 13, and did a reset on it when I purchased. (it was bought from somebody, second hand so wanted to be cautious). Running windows 10 with latest updates. When trying to browse on any browser except Edge, web pages take a long time to...
  8. Script issues in all browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Script issues in all browsers: Ever since I installed Win10x64, none of my browsers work properly. I use either Google Chrome or Firefox. I keep them updated and don't want to use anything provided by MS. I have been having problems with them both hanging up, with indications of scripts not completing....
  9. Upgrade to 10 - Browsing Slow

in Browsers and Email
    Upgrade to 10 - Browsing Slow: Hi All, Upgraded my Windows machine to 10 last week. I didn't want to take any chances so I did a totally clean install. I haven't made any tweaks or installed any programs. My laptop is an ASUS dual core AMD with 4GB of memory and a 750GB hard drive. When I use...
  10. All browsers are super slow after win 10 upgrade -

in Browsers and Email
    All browsers are super slow after win 10 upgrade -: After completing the Win 10 upgrade process everything looked really good....until I started browsing the internet. All my browser's are slow as molasses and getting tons of connection time outs. Anyone else having the same problem? 15352