Windows 10: Win 10 Upgrade Created Two Displays on One Screen Laptop

Discus and support Win 10 Upgrade Created Two Displays on One Screen Laptop in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all, I upgraded my old (2010) HP Touchsmart TM2 to Windows 10 because I upgraded my other 3 comps, so what the heck, right? I have switchable dual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by QuillBall, Aug 7, 2016.

1. QuillBall Win User

Win 10 Upgrade Created Two Displays on One Screen Laptop

Hi all, I upgraded my old (2010) HP Touchsmart TM2 to Windows 10 because I upgraded my other 3 comps, so what the heck, right? I have switchable dual graphics cards, (Intel Core 2 Duo SU9600 , ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4550) and on final installation reboot, it said it was upgrading my graphics driver. When it booted after that, my screen was black. So I blindly logged in, and found that pressing the Windows+P, then down arrow/enter keys, which selects your displays, brought the screen up. It was on Second Display Only when it worked.

However, the brightness setting does not work for the 2 screen. It also doesn't work when I choose the 1 screen. When I press Detect, it comes up with the 1 and 2 screen, and two other boxes that say not detected. The brightness setting only works for a second when I choose Extend This Display, then the screen goes black, but I can't remember which screen has that option. I can't even figure out which display number goes to which card. It's almost like Win10 thinks the two graphics card are two separate monitors and neither are the actual laptop screen. I don't have other monitors plugged in. Can anyone help me work this out?

Thank you!

:)

QuillBall, Aug 7, 2016

2. Will Win 10 work on non-touch screen or screens?

I need to upgrade three devices to Win 10. One is a single monitor touch screen and two are not. One that is not touch-screen has two monitors.

• Will Win 10 work on the single monitor non-touch-screen device?
    • Will Win 10 work on the two-monitor non-touch non-touch device?

N.F. Jackson, Aug 7, 2016
  3. PeteNolan Win User
    email ,pdf files

FYI: Two laptops ..one a Win 10 upgrade from 8.1, the other an upgrade from 7. Both now Win 10 but the pdf was handled differently.

Pete

PeteNolan, Aug 7, 2016
  4. QuillBall Win User

So I disabled my discrete ATI card. This brought the screen back to " PC Screen Only" which allowed me to set the extremely sensitive btightness slider up a little. But my orel Painter was lagging so much, I turned the discrete graphics back on. I haven't tried disabling the Intel onboard yet. Doesn't anyone have any thoughts?

QuillBall, Aug 9, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Try disabling the onboard Intel graphics.

NavyLCDR, Aug 9, 2016
  6. Does it have a special function key to switch the graphics from internal to external? On my laptop its the Fn and the F8 or F9 key. I'm on my desktop PC at the moment. If it has that function toggle it and see what happens.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Upgrade Created Two Displays on One Screen Laptop - Similar Threads - Upgrade Created Displays

2. Two screen display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two screen display: I am using a Laptop with a 2nd screen. For some reason my 2nd screen is now only showing the taskbar and nothing on the desktop. I have not changed any settings. Additionally my mouse pointer keeps disappearing, I am not sure if this is connected....
  3. two tv's display from one laptop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    two tv's display from one laptop: How can I make my two TV's view the same thing from my laptop by using wi-fi without HDMI cord? I can get one to work, but not both of them. 159184
  4. two tv's display from one laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    two tv's display from one laptop: How can I make my two TV's view the same thing from my laptop by using wi-fi without HDMI cord? I can get one to work, but not both of them. 159184
  5. Using two identical screens, one displays black borders.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using two identical screens, one displays black borders.: I am using two curved Samsung screens, one is connected via HDMI the other via VGA, the VGA screen displays black borders. I tried going into Nvidia settings, and into Windows setting with no success. When I lowered the resolution I was able to get rid of the borders, which I...
  6. Laptops & Two Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptops & Two Display: Had to use my Laptop as a Laptop. It's been a while, retired. Anyway Usually functions as my desktop with Windows 10. I use both the Touch Display on the Laptop as well as a Larger 2nd Display Touch Screen. Never have had issues. Well came back after 3 hours and plugged in...
  7. One one of two displays works -- hardware issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One one of two displays works -- hardware issue: Got fedup with the daily CHKDSKs on my Win10TP install so I "cleaned" the drive and reinstalled using build 9879. First thing I noticed is that, unlike previously, only one of my two displays worked! I check the Device Manager and the default Microsoft Basic Display driver...
  8. Two installs of win 10 64 home one laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Two installs of win 10 64 home one laptop: I've got an msi ge62vr laptop with 3x drives one m2 SSD with main system for music production, a second hdd for storage, then a third drive which is an m2 SSD in a dvdrw convert or adapt or running Windows 10 just for war thunder. My question is how can I stop access while...
  9. Two ASUS Computers upgraded to Win 10 One just not working well.

in Windows 10 Support
    Two ASUS Computers upgraded to Win 10 One just not working well.: @@@Please read the update 08/17/2015 below. I have two ASUS Computers one had Win 7 the other Win 8.1 the 8.1 computer always had problems and still does with Win 10.. The ASUS G73SW it has a ATI Graphic card and had Win 8.1 was upgraded downloaded online to Win 10....
  10. Win 10 creating two copies of all files

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 creating two copies of all files: Example: Save photo as Jim 2016.jpg – it then shows up in two places: E:\Users\Jim H\Documents\Pictures E:\Documents and Settings\Jim H\Documents\Pictures Advice Please. 98558