Windows 10: Win 10 Upgrade fails - SECOND_BOOT error on MIGRATE_DATA

Discus and support Win 10 Upgrade fails - SECOND_BOOT error on MIGRATE_DATA in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, I am looking for help PLEASE lol. I have tried and tried to upgrade from WIN 8.1 to 10 with no success. The error that comes up is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by miketoon11, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Win 10 Upgrade fails - SECOND_BOOT error on MIGRATE_DATA

Hi All,

I am looking for help PLEASE lol.

I have tried and tried to upgrade from WIN 8.1 to 10 with no success.

The error that comes up is
    "0x80070004 - 0x4000D The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation."

I have removed all 3rd party antivirus, and a bunch of other fixes. Any ideas ?

Cheers

:)

miketoon11, Aug 7, 2015

2. Why won't my reserved Windows 10 Pro not upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate?

I have tried to install my reserved Windows 10 pro (win 7 Ultimate) but when it is upgrading, it failed on the second_boot phase with an error during Migrate_Data operation 0x8007002C-0x4000D. What has gone wrong??

RobertBarnesYZ, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Why won't my reserved Windows 10 Pro for windows 7 not upgrade?

I have tried to install my reserved Windows 10 pro (win 7 Ultimate) but when it is upgrading, it failed on the second_boot phase with an error during Migrate_Data operation 0x8007002C-0x4000D. What
    has gone wrong??

RobertBarnesYZ, Aug 7, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Win 10 Upgrade fails - SECOND_BOOT error on MIGRATE_DATA

Other than making sure that don't have to restart for any updates to 8.1, probably re-downloading the upgrade files. It's possible that they are corrupt. That would suck if they were, though, because that download's going to take a long time if have a slow connection and we don't even know if they are corrupt.

Thema:

Win 10 Upgrade fails - SECOND_BOOT error on MIGRATE_DATA

1. Win 10 Upgrade fails - SECOND_BOOT error on MIGRATE_DATA - Similar Threads - Upgrade fails SECOND_BOOT

2. Windows 11 upgrade keeps failing during SECOND_BOOT during MIGRATE_DATA operation...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade keeps failing during SECOND_BOOT during MIGRATE_DATA operation...: I'm trying to upgrade my existing Windows 10 installation to Windows 11 but it keeps failing. It reaches around 90ish percent then I get a screen that says undoing changes and reboots back to Windows 10. My PC passes the health check for 11 but I have no option to upgrade...
  3. Windows 11 upgrade keeps failing during SECOND_BOOT during MIGRATE_DATA operation...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade keeps failing during SECOND_BOOT during MIGRATE_DATA operation...: I'm trying to upgrade my existing Windows 10 installation to Windows 11 but it keeps failing. It reaches around 90ish percent then I get a screen that says undoing changes and reboots back to Windows 10. My PC passes the health check for 11 but I have no option to upgrade...
  4. The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation: I have a Surface Book running Win 10 Pro 1909. It appears to have a problem in that it will not install some updates. I tried to fix the problem as follows. 1 Downloaded the Media Creation Tool. 2 Created an installation ISO to install Win 10 Pro 2004. 3 Mounted the ISO....
  5. Windows 10 1903 repeatedly fails SECOND_BOOT phase in MIGRATE_DATA 0x8007001F - 0x4000D...

Windows 10 1903 repeatedly fails SECOND_BOOT phase in MIGRATE_DATA 0x8007001F - 0x4000D...: Hi, We couldn't install Windows 10 0x8007001F - 0x4000D The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation Have tried this several times from a downloaded ISO. All peripherals unplugged. Any suggestions gratefully accepted....
  6. Windows 10 May 2019 upgrade failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase during MIGRATE_DATA with error...

Windows 10 May 2019 upgrade failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase during MIGRATE_DATA with error...: Hi I downloaded the latest version of Windows 10 (May 2019) with the Media Creation tool and made several attempts to perform an in place upgrade of my desktop PC. I've successfully performed in place upgrades on several PCs using the same USB drive created using the Media...
  7. the upload failed SECOND_BOOT during an MIGRATE_DATA operation with an error

the upload failed SECOND_BOOT during an MIGRATE_DATA operation with an error: Windows 10, sürüm 1803 özellik güncellemesi 3. 09. 2018 - Son yükleme denemesi 0x80240034'te hata oldu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/the-upload-failed-secondboot-during-an-migratedata/f6fbf353-c253-4ed1-aa07-07f8bac16fd9
  8. Anniversary Upgrade Second_Boot Fail/Error

Anniversary Upgrade Second_Boot Fail/Error: Asus Portable Sonicmaster V500CA. Win8/8.1 upgraded to Win10 version 1511.(latest version as of yesterday. Yesterday the computer downloaded and attempted to install 1607. Hung for several hours at a black screen with white dots going in circle, prior to any login. In other...
  9. 1703 to 1709 fails in SECOND_BOOT phase, error during MIGRATE_DATA

1703 to 1709 fails in SECOND_BOOT phase, error during MIGRATE_DATA: Hi all, please bear with me. I have the following drives: (see attachment) My C drive, a 120GB SSD My D drive (Music), E drive (More Programs), F drive (Steam Library) all on a 4TB drive My G drive (Video), my K drive (email) on a 2TB drive My H drive (Games) a 240GB...
  10. [ACER E5-511-C8A8] Win 8.1 to Win 10 failed upgrade in SECOND_BOOT

[ACER E5-511-C8A8] Win 8.1 to Win 10 failed upgrade in SECOND_BOOT: Good morning! This is my first post, so I'd like to say hi first *Smile. I am on a mission to upgrade my partner's Acer E5-511 from Win 8.1 to Win 10. I have tried to do it approx. 4 times now. I am very close to giving up, but I know there are people out the, who...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. second_boot migrate_data

2. upgrade to windows 10 fails on migrate data