Windows 10: Win 10 upgrade now monitor will not sleep

Discus and support Win 10 upgrade now monitor will not sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday Win 10 upgrade occurred and now the monitor will not go into sleep mode. Any suggestions 72611 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by really old guy, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Win 10 upgrade now monitor will not sleep

Yesterday Win 10 upgrade occurred and now the monitor will not go into sleep mode. Any suggestions

:)

really old guy, Dec 15, 2016

2. HP Pavilion 1907 w monitor won't wake after sleep.

Windows 10 HP Pavilion 1907 W monitor won't wake after sleep. Have to pull power cord to get it back. Power button on monitor does nothing. Sleep key puts PC to sleep but when it comes back the monitor doesn't. Worked fine before converting to Win 10.

Was on Win 8.

LEROY DPEER, Dec 15, 2016
  3. When I upgrade to Win. 10 it will not recognize two monitors?

Original Thread: Win. 10 and using TWO monitors.

When I upgrade to Win. 10 it will not recognize two monitors. Is there a fix.

Have two monitors now using Win. 7 and it works now. Have AMD Radeon graphics card.

RussellMillerRAM, Dec 15, 2016
  4. Win 10 upgrade now monitor will not sleep

Welcome to the Ten forum.

Type Power Options in the Cortana search bar. Power Option Control panel should appear at top of list. Click. Your power plans window opens.

Which ever plan is selected, click on Change plan settings. Window opens, click on Restore Default settings. Then set values you want in boxes above. Save settings.

Caledon Ken, Dec 15, 2016
  5. redwdc Win User
    This won't fix the problem but it will tell you what's causing it.

Open Elevated Command Prompt (Run Command Prompt as Administrator)
    To find what is preventing system from sleep: Type powercfg -requests
    To find what is waking the system up from sleep: Type powercfg -lastwake

redwdc, Dec 15, 2016
  6. Tried that and it does not work

really old guy, Dec 16, 2016
  7. Thanks. That seemed to work but only after a restart.
    Your effort is appreciated

really old guy, Dec 16, 2016
  8. Win 10 upgrade now monitor will not sleep

Great. I'll remember that for the next time.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 upgrade now monitor will not sleep

1. Win 10 upgrade now monitor will not sleep - Similar Threads - upgrade monitor sleep

2. Win 10 will not Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 will not Sleep: According to powercfg /requests, two instances of SysWOW64/svchost.exe prevent it.I've tried numerous solutions posted on the Internet.I've disable just about every StartUp service.I've noticed that after restarts, the 'PC goes to sleep setting' flips back yo "Never".Any...
  3. Win 10 will not Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 will not Sleep: According to powercfg /requests, two instances of SysWOW64/svchost.exe prevent it.I've tried numerous solutions posted on the Internet.I've disable just about every StartUp service.I've noticed that after restarts, the 'PC goes to sleep setting' flips back yo "Never".Any...
  4. Win 10 will not Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 upgrade, now access denied to PST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 upgrade, now access denied to PST: I’ve upgraded over a hundred computers from 7 to 10 recently and last night I did one but I had an interesting problem after. When I went to open Microsoft Outlook, it said that the local user account didn’t have permission to access the PST file which was strange. It’s in...
  6. Purchased win 10 pro upgrade, now not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased win 10 pro upgrade, now not activated: I purchased a new HP laptop 4 days ago with win 10 home. Yesterday I purchased win 10 pro upgrade from win store. when i rebooted today system says not activated. Troubleshooter error is 0x803F7001. Trouble shooter can't fix, please help. Michael...
  7. No monitor sleep?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No monitor sleep?: Simple problem: although my monitor is set to turn off after 10 minutes, it doesn't turn off. Any ideas why?? Nothing running else but what I had in W7... 16424
  8. Monitors are sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors are sleeping: Since reimaging my work laptop to 10 my monitors keep going to sleep. I have selected the performance plan and changed the monitor sleep timeout to 1 hour on both battery and AC. I've even checked through the advanced settings yet my monitors keep turning off after less than...
  9. Win 10 upgrade now refuses to boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 upgrade now refuses to boot.: I have a Win 7 HTPC with a ASUS F1A75 M-PRO mobo and a AMD cpu which I just upgraded to Win 10. Launched the process from Windows update applet, not the taskbar icon. All went well and the process completed without difficulty. Set up my libraries and joined my...
  10. Cannot go to Sleep (S3) or even sleep the monitor for Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot go to Sleep (S3) or even sleep the monitor for Win 10: I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 on the 29th. At that time my system would go to standby sleep without and issue. Since the big day, I can only get it to sleep by using the sleep option on the shut down or sign out drop down. I have reinstalled my graphics card drivers. I have also...