Windows 10: Win 10 Upgrade will not start

Discus and support Win 10 Upgrade will not start in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm helping a friend upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. My Win 10 upgrade went through cleanly and quickly. George (my friend) is not computer literate so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jakeox, May 21, 2016.

1. jakeox Win User

Win 10 Upgrade will not start

I'm helping a friend upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. My Win 10 upgrade went through cleanly and quickly. George (my friend) is not computer literate so I agreed to do the upgrade as he'd been receiving prompts on his PC.

On the day we'd agreed he rang to say he'd responded to an upgrade prompt and set a 15:00 start time. I was at his home at 14:30 to backup data. Data backed up OK and clicked on the Windows icon bottom right of screen which said all OK, you are good to go with the upgrade. "Upgrade now" was selected and from that point on we never really got any further. Using Task Mgr to monitor downloads, the major download never got started even though the Windows Update screen said at different points that it was downloading the 192MB file and the 2.2GB file.

After 2 and a half hours George mentioned that the upgrade ahd started automatically earlier in the week and as he wasn't ready he powered the PC off !!!! Ah - so I went to system restore and restored the PC as early as I could. Still no joy on the upgrade.

What steps I should be taking to get the upgrade back on track?

:)

jakeox, May 21, 2016

2. Since upgrade to Win 10 ...outlook will not remember choice of browser

I am using Office 2013 and Win 10 64bit versions. I am constantly ask which browser to use when opening links from mail. I am using Waterfox latest version. I have scoured the net and checked that the browser choices in setting has been done and also
    choose apps by protocol have been updated. Am fed up of having to choose Waterfox/Firefiox every single time i want tyo follow a link from mail.

Is there something that i can do?

rowan123SJ, May 21, 2016
  3. Since upgrade to Win 10 ...outlook will not remember choice of browser

Hi, i also have Firefox and it does the same thing.......and i do not want to use Edge hence the irritation on being asked to confirm the browser each and every time i open a mail link.

rowan123SJ, May 21, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, May 21, 2016
  5. jakeox Win User
    OK. That seems the cleanest option thanks.

jakeox, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Upgrade will not start - Similar Threads - Upgrade start

2. can't switch out of s mode - Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't switch out of s mode - Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade: Can't switch out of s mode - "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-out-of-s-mode-something-happened-and/b0e7ce52-53af-4d43-aa39-e39c65c169ec
  3. can't switch out of s mode - Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't switch out of s mode - Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade: Can't switch out of s mode - "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-out-of-s-mode-something-happened-and/b0e7ce52-53af-4d43-aa39-e39c65c169ec
  4. can't switch out of s mode - Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows 10 won’t start

Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows 10 won’t start: I replaced my i3-8100 processor with an i9-9900KP0 on an ASROCK B360m-HDV motherboard, but now it stops loading Windows at the circling dots, sometimes showing the automatic recovery text and sometimes not.I installed the new CPU after verifying that all other components are...
  6. Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows 10 won’t start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows 10 won’t start: I replaced my i3-8100 processor with an i9-9900KP0 on an ASROCK B360m-HDV motherboard, but now it stops loading Windows at the circling dots, sometimes showing the automatic recovery text and sometimes not.I installed the new CPU after verifying that all other components are...
  7. Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows 10 won’t start

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows won’t start.

Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows won’t start.: I replaced my i3-8100 processor with a i9-9900KP0 on an ASROCK B360m-HDV motherboard, but now it stops loading Windows at the circling dots, sometimes showing the automatic recovery text and sometimes not.I installed the new CPU after verifying that all other components are...
  9. Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows won’t start.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows won’t start.: I replaced my i3-8100 processor with a i9-9900KP0 on an ASROCK B360m-HDV motherboard, but now it stops loading Windows at the circling dots, sometimes showing the automatic recovery text and sometimes not.I installed the new CPU after verifying that all other components are...
  10. Windows 11 23h2 do not start to upgrade via ISO or via Windows 11 Installation Assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 23h2 do not start to upgrade via ISO or via Windows 11 Installation Assistant: HiI try to upgrade my Win11 22H2 to 23H2. Windows update does not show availability then I downloaded ISO.When i run setup, they do not continue to upgrade.I try also via Installation assistant, but stuck at step 3 / 3 : installation. 0 %How to check error log or...