Windows 10: Win 10 - user account control started blocking apps

Discus and support Win 10 - user account control started blocking apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, yesterday I could run all apps on my computer, from this morning on, I can't. Even the MMC.EXE is blocked. We are using ECM called MFiles, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Uroš Sankovič, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Win 10 - user account control started blocking apps

Hi,

yesterday I could run all apps on my computer, from this morning on, I can't. Even the MMC.EXE is blocked. We are using ECM called MFiles, and I can't run Admin tools anymore.

I'm a local and domain administrator, so the rights should be OK.

Any ideas?

Kind regards, Uros

:)

Uroš Sankovič, Aug 21, 2018

2. User Account Control

Hello Ridho,

To enable the User Account Control (UAC) on Windows 10, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Choose between two options to enable UAC:
      • Notify when apps try to make changes to your computer.
      • Always notify when installing or making any changes to your computer.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Yes or enter your password to finalize the change.
    Steps to disable User Account Control (UAC).

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Click Yes or enter your password.
    • Set the settings to Never notify.
    • Click OK to save the settings.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User

Win 10 - user account control started blocking apps

Win 10 Sign-in account control

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Sorry for the delay in response

I suggest you to Disable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, before disabling the account I suggest you to create a new account and then disable the account.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: no, and then press Enter.

Refer the link to create a new user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 - user account control started blocking apps

1. Win 10 - user account control started blocking apps - Similar Threads - user account control

2. User Account control is blocking me from opening User account control settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account control is blocking me from opening User account control settings: I promise you, I have tried almost everything on the internet to try to fix this problem. For a little backstory, I haven't used my computer for at least 8 months, and last night I decided I wanted to use it again. I spent 3 hours updating and restarting my computer so...
  3. User Account control is blocking me from opening User account control settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Account control is blocking me from opening User account control settings: I promise you, I have tried almost everything on the internet to try to fix this problem. For a little backstory, I haven't used my computer for at least 8 months, and last night I decided I wanted to use it again. I spent 3 hours updating and restarting my computer so...
  4. This app has been blocked for your protection User Account Control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    This app has been blocked for your protection User Account Control: Hello to everybody,Every time I insert a disc on DVD/WR driver E I cannot run an app because is blocked by an administrator. Can you help me unlock that app ?Thank you,Morgan...
  5. User account control app blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account control app blocked: Windows 10 update would not download on laptop. Troubleshooting through Settings failed. Tried Windows+R>netplwiz>Properties>Group Membership>Administration>Apply>OK>Accept changes>restart. Now, I cannot access Device Manager. Popup reads User Account Control app blocked for...
  6. User account control app blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account control app blocked: Windows 10 update would not download on laptop. Troubleshooting through Settings failed. Tried Windows+R>netplwiz>Properties>Group Membership>Administration>Apply>OK>Accept changes>restart. Now, I cannot access Device Manager. Popup reads User Account Control app blocked for...
  7. User account control app blocked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Win 10 user account control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 user account control: Only user account control option is NO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-user-account-control/c098bade-5902-4fc3-aaa7-a6aa4faace51
  9. User Account Control Blocking Programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Control Blocking Programs: I am unable to launch my accounting program after installing it on my new laptop. User account control blocks it. How can I get around this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/user-account-control-blocking-programs/369c4290-bf10-4dd1-bc75-27196e8e85c3
  10. App blocked by user account control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    App blocked by user account control: Hi, I have been using the MYOB app for several years and the last time I used it was in March 2020. However, two weeks ago, i was unable to access it with a message that says "This app has been blocked for your protection. An Administrator has blocked you from running...