Windows 10: Win 10 v1803 Update - refused to restart, now says not reqd??

Discus and support Win 10 v1803 Update - refused to restart, now says not reqd?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all. Windows offered the 1803 feature update late last night, I unknowingly let it run without disconnecting a USB stick and external hard drive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ondablade, Jun 2, 2018.

1. ondablade Win User

Win 10 v1803 Update - refused to restart, now says not reqd??

Hi all. Windows offered the 1803 feature update late last night, I unknowingly let it run without disconnecting a USB stick and external hard drive, and ran into reboot problems. The sequence of events is set out below.

I'm unsure of what has happened, and of what (if anything) I need to do to sort it out.

Perhaps 1803 will present itself again in due course, or is it already installed? As matters stand Win update thinks Win is fully up to date, but the update history contradicts this by saying that the 1803 feature update failed.

Could it be that the update history is now somehow corrupted, and needing a reset?

Did Win conclude after the problems with 1803 (after the fact) that quality update V1709 KB4103714 was needed to resolve some underlying issue, and does this explain why it installed it?

Can anybody say what the position is please?

Thanks

Sequence of events:

• The 1803 update downloaded and installed, but the laptop failed to reboot - stuck on a black screen.
    • Boot manager opened, said failed to boot, error 0xc1900101
    • Switching off and on somehow enabled a normal looking Windows restart.
    • Win update said the 1803 feature update had failed to install, also quoted the above error number.
    • Tried the 1803 feature update again, it stuck on the black screen again (waited for hours), same boot and win update error message.
    • Found a troubleshooting piece, and implemented recommended fixes - disconnected the external drives, but Device Manager brought up nothing to suggest driver issues. (why if it's important does Windows not say upfront to do this???)
    • Win despite this out of the blue (don't think I did anything) started to install 2018-05 cumulative update Win 10 V1709 x64 KB4103714.
    • This ran through just fine, Windows now seems to be working OK.
    • Widows update at this point claims that the device is up to date, although update history contradicts this by showing the 1803 feature update as having failed twice.
    • Running the Win update trouble shooter brings up two problems - potential Win update d/base error, and Win update components must be repaired. It claims to have fixed both problems, but repeated running of the troubleshooter keeps on bringing up the same problems, and the same claimed fixes - which doesn't make much sense.

:)

ondablade, Jun 2, 2018

2. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jun 12, 2018
  3. CAERD Win User
    Windows v1803 update for Win 10 created a new OEM HD partition

Windows v1803 update for Win 10 created a new OEM HD partition with constant low disk space warnings. It is very annoying. How do I fix this?

CAERD, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 v1803 Update - refused to restart, now says not reqd??

1. Win 10 v1803 Update - refused to restart, now says not reqd?? - Similar Threads - v1803 Update refused

2. Windows 10 v1803 cant update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 v1803 cant update: Hi everyone,I have a pc with windows 10 version 1803 which I have not used in about 2 years. I am trying to update it now but its not allowing me to do so. I cannot access services and get a mme.exe application error. I tried a few different things including the following but...
  3. Windows 10 v1803 cant update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 v1803 cant update: Hi everyone,I have a pc with windows 10 version 1803 which I have not used in about 2 years. I am trying to update it now but its not allowing me to do so. I cannot access services and get a mme.exe application error. I tried a few different things including the following but...
  4. Computer refuses to update when restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer refuses to update when restarting: After I run updates on my computer it tells me to restart my PC to install them. At 0% the computer quits attempting to update and restarts with an opening message "We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes"...
  5. Bought Win 10 Pro, but laptop now says Win 10 Enterprise.

Bought Win 10 Pro, but laptop now says Win 10 Enterprise.: I just bought a new laptop. When it arrived I did all the updates then went to the microsoft store and upgraded to Windows 10 Professional from (Win 10 Home that came installed on the computer.) Everything seemed to go smoothly. Then I installed Office 365 (transferring...
  6. Windows 10 v1803 update

Windows 10 v1803 update: I updated my windows 10 from 1703 to 1803 I found some problems so I rolled back to 1703 if I want to upgrade it again later what should I do ? Update stuck on needs restart to be install...
  7. Stop V1803 update

Stop V1803 update: I was on Windows Home and had version 1803 pushed out to me a month ago and was installed. I had issues so I rolled back to version 1709. Version 1803 was pushed out again two days ago and installed so again I rolled back to version 1709 due to same issues. In order...
  8. Windows 10 v1803 stuck on restart for sometime issue

Windows 10 v1803 stuck on restart for sometime issue: Hi, I installed update v1803 when it released and it was working well but in past two days when i try to restart my PC it stuck on loading screen for like 3-4mins And HDD LED is active that this time, and when window finish load and enter i saw my HDD is not showing only...
  9. Win 10 update 1803 refuses to finish

Win 10 update 1803 refuses to finish: I have a HP Pavilion 15-AB223C1 since 2015 and have not had an update problem until yesterday. That 1803 update - which you cannot turn off, refuse, or even review - will not complete. At first we were able to get to the log in screen and when trying to open it gave some...
  10. Win 10 upgrade now refuses to boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 upgrade now refuses to boot.: I have a Win 7 HTPC with a ASUS F1A75 M-PRO mobo and a AMD cpu which I just upgraded to Win 10. Launched the process from Windows update applet, not the taskbar icon. All went well and the process completed without difficulty. Set up my libraries and joined my...