Windows 10: Win -10 very slow

Discus and support Win -10 very slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I tried wins 10 a couple of times, one of which I burnt 10 onto disc, after humming and hawing I decided to put 10 back on and stick with it, for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by voodoo66, Mar 6, 2015.

1. voodoo66 Win User

Win -10 very slow

Hi, I tried wins 10 a couple of times, one of which I burnt 10 onto disc, after humming and hawing I decided to put 10 back on and stick with it, for some reason I could not install it from the win 10 preview in updates, the update seemd to download successfully but I could not figure out how to "activate" the damn thing, so I installed from the disc I had burnt, everything seemed fine BUT everything ran very slow I.E I use opera it took ages to open pages from the speed dial, it seemed everything I used was very slow !! So back to win 7, my question is was it a bad install from the disc, is it possible the program on the disc if flawed or should I blame my comp ?? Any advice gladly received. Thanks.

:)

voodoo66, Mar 6, 2015

2. Your win 10 installing via dvd dam slow slow, product and very bad experience with your win 10

Your win 10 installing via dvd dam slow slow, very bad product and very bad experience with your win 10

huyphan quang, Mar 6, 2015
  3. Karen_942 Win User
    Win 10 very slow

Hi All-

I am running Win 10 Home version 1511 with an AMD A8-5500 APU processor and 24 gb of RAM, yet my computer is slower than my husband's who is running the same with only 8 gb of RAM.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thank you!

Moved from Windows update, recovery, & backup.

Karen_942, Mar 6, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Win -10 very slow

Slow speed can be due to a number of things.. unfortunately, you've given us absolutely no information about your system.

Mystere, Mar 6, 2015
  5. voodoo66 Win User
    Difficult as a friend of mine built it for me, it's a desktop and that's about all I know. When I went back to win 7 it was not nearly as slow ?

voodoo66, Mar 6, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    As much as I hate to say this, If you don't even know anything about your hardware, then you're probably not a good candidate to be running preview software. You need to at least know what kind of hardware you have so you can get the proper drivers installed.

Mystere, Mar 6, 2015
  7. voodoo66 Win User
    having said that i checked and this is what i found running windows 7 ultimate - Pentium (R) dual core CPU E6500 @ 2.93 Ghz - installed memory 4 GB - 64 bit

voodoo66, Mar 6, 2015
  8. Win -10 very slow

When I said something similar, on another forum, while trying to be as diplomatic as possible, I was bashed, flamed and defamed, all over the place, for just saying what I'm sure others were thinking!

Run a free program like SIW or similar software to find out what's in your PC, and print it out, or write it down!

What motherboard?
    What CPU chip?
    How much, and what type of RAM?
    Type of hard drive? (IDE? SATA? SSD?)
    Add On cards?

Those are the biggies, that you should have in your mind and even in your posts when you ask for help.
    Without the needed information, we're stuck here, playing "Twenty Questions".

Just a thought.......

*Cool

TechnoMage, Mar 7, 2015
  9. voodoo66 Win User
    Not to worry i think i had some form of a bug on the comp, so i reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows 7, thanks though.

voodoo66, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win -10 very slow

1. Win -10 very slow - Similar Threads - very slow

2. File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10: I have a new Windows 11 PC and I'm noticing that the file sharing to my Synology NAS is very slow vs when I transferred files from my older Windows 10 PC. File Transfer Speeds:Windows 11 to NAS DS1520+ = 11.5 MB/s Windows 11 to Windows 10 = 112 MB/s much fasterFile size =...
  3. File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Transfer Speed from Windows 11 to Synology NAS is VERY SLOW vs. Windows 10: I have a new Windows 11 PC and I'm noticing that the file sharing to my Synology NAS is very slow vs when I transferred files from my older Windows 10 PC. File Transfer Speeds:Windows 11 to NAS DS1520+ = 11.5 MB/s Windows 11 to Windows 10 = 112 MB/s much fasterFile size =...
  4. PC very slow after 24H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC very slow after 24H2 update: Hi,I am having trouble using my pc after i updated to 24H2.I am having trouble doing the most basics things like open the browser or every other app on my pc.How can i fix or rollback to another version?Thank you,Ergys...
  5. PC very slow after 24H2 update

PC very slow after 24H2 update: Hi,I am having trouble using my pc after i updated to 24H2.I am having trouble doing the most basics things like open the browser or every other app on my pc.How can i fix or rollback to another version?Thank you,Ergys...
  6. Microsoft Minesweeper very, very slow to load when I click on a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Minesweeper very, very slow to load when I click on a game: Microsoft Minesweeper is so slow at loading when I click on an individual game within minesweeper due to ads but I don't have this problem with the other Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games. It also signs me in as a Guest now & I have to click on Guest & wait for it to connect...
  7. Microsoft Minesweeper very, very slow to load when I click on a game

Microsoft Minesweeper very, very slow to load when I click on a game: Microsoft Minesweeper is so slow at loading when I click on an individual game within minesweeper due to ads but I don't have this problem with the other Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games. It also signs me in as a Guest now & I have to click on Guest & wait for it to connect...
  8. is this free for student but it is very difficult to sign and give slow reponse ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is this free for student but it is very difficult to sign and give slow reponse ?: i need free access just two platform wordpad and adope applications is these are important for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-free-for-student-but-it-is-very-difficult/3f268f7b-e5a3-4c3e-96ed-2a1ee9d7fa9d
  9. is this free for student but it is very difficult to sign and give slow reponse ?

is this free for student but it is very difficult to sign and give slow reponse ?: i need free access just two platform wordpad and adope applications is these are important for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-free-for-student-but-it-is-very-difficult/3f268f7b-e5a3-4c3e-96ed-2a1ee9d7fa9d
  10. PC very slow boothing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC very slow boothing up: Hello! Recently in the last 2 days I had a problem with my PC, when I try to booth my PC the only thing I see it is a black screen on my monitor, that forces me to shut it down pressing the power button and retry, after that the PC loads as usual, letting me into the account,...