Windows 10: WIN 10 Volume control

Discus and support WIN 10 Volume control in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings and thank you for your time. On the bottom right of the task bar, when I click on the volume icon the volume display doesn't appear.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 2whldreams, Feb 2, 2017.

1. WIN 10 Volume control

Greetings and thank you for your time.

On the bottom right of the task bar, when I click on the volume icon the volume display doesn't appear.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

:)

2whldreams, Feb 2, 2017

2. Need help in restoring my volume control to task bar in Windows 10.

Original title: Volume control

Need help in restoring my volume control to task bar, i use win 10

DaveFreestone, Feb 2, 2017
  3. VOLUME ISSUES WITH WINDOWS 10

I gave up trying to get win 10 DVD player to work the cause of the volume problem. bought dragon then used dragons USB adapter with win 10 DVD player and voila problem gone. The win 10 volume control problem seems to occur only with the built and speaker
    port.

MightyByte, Feb 2, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

WIN 10 Volume control

Welcome to TenForums @2whldreams

Do any other icons in this area work normally? Does anything pop up if you click on Network or (if you have one) Battery?

Do you see any text if you hover over Volume? It should normally say something like 'Speakers: 50%'.

Does your sound work, other than this problem with the volume control?

Try typing VOLUME in the Cortana/Search box next to Start, it should find 'Adjust system volume, Control panel'. Run this, can you adjust the volume here?

Bree, Feb 2, 2017
  5. philc43 Win User
    Hello *Smile

Try turning the volume icon on and off in the Taskbar and see if this resets it.

Go to Settings > Personalisation > Taskbar and scroll down to the Notification area where you can "Select which icons appear on the taskbar". Then toggle the Volume setting.

System Icons - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

WIN 10 Volume control [​IMG]

philc43, Feb 2, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Try the troubleshooters:

Check the audio service is running (above should do that).

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

WIN 10 Volume control

1. WIN 10 Volume control - Similar Threads - Volume control

2. Windows 11 volume control broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 volume control broken: Like the title says. A couple of months ago the volume slide in windows 11 stopped working. There's no other issue with the PC. The volume slide still shows up and the slide can be moved, but the sound is stuck at a static level regardless if the slide is at 0% or 100%, the...
  3. Windows 11 volume control broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 volume control broken: Like the title says. A couple of months ago the volume slide in windows 11 stopped working. There's no other issue with the PC. The volume slide still shows up and the slide can be moved, but the sound is stuck at a static level regardless if the slide is at 0% or 100%, the...
  4. How do I fix my usb headset's volume control?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my usb headset's volume control?: So I spent an hour before looking up and trying methods and then another hour with window's tech support trying to figure out this issue. I am using a wireless Corsair SE RGB headset on Windows 10 desktop. It was working find earlier today when suddenly the volume control...
  5. How do I fix my usb headset's volume control?

How do I fix my usb headset's volume control?: So I spent an hour before looking up and trying methods and then another hour with window's tech support trying to figure out this issue. I am using a wireless Corsair SE RGB headset on Windows 10 desktop. It was working find earlier today when suddenly the volume control...
  6. How do I fix my usb headset's volume control?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Unlock old post that is still relevant to provide an answer volume control in HDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlock old post that is still relevant to provide an answer volume control in HDR: This post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-fixed-black-screen-hdr-after-adjusting-volume/ae7ab44c-a8c1-40aa-a28d-6e3bad15ad3e?page=3 is locked, but there is a pretty easy solution i would like to post for the hundreds of people that have commented,...
  8. Unlock old post that is still relevant to provide an answer volume control in HDR

Unlock old post that is still relevant to provide an answer volume control in HDR: This post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-fixed-black-screen-hdr-after-adjusting-volume/ae7ab44c-a8c1-40aa-a28d-6e3bad15ad3e?page=3 is locked, but there is a pretty easy solution i would like to post for the hundreds of people that have commented,...
  9. how do i get control of my volume from the up and down keys on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get control of my volume from the up and down keys on keyboard: I can't control my volume by the up and down keys on keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-control-of-my-volume-from-the-up-and/4314678d-121e-4e9c-be83-1486458cdcab
  10. how do i get control of my volume from the up and down keys on keyboard

how do i get control of my volume from the up and down keys on keyboard: I can't control my volume by the up and down keys on keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-control-of-my-volume-from-the-up-and/4314678d-121e-4e9c-be83-1486458cdcab