Windows 10: Win 10 Websearch does not open browser

Discus and support Win 10 Websearch does not open browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, im just installed Win 10 yesterday and today i found myself a problem where Websearch works fine, it show result from Bing, but when i press on the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tj3n123, Aug 4, 2015.

1. tj3n123 Win User

Win 10 Websearch does not open browser

Hi, im just installed Win 10 yesterday and today i found myself a problem where Websearch works fine, it show result from Bing, but when i press on the result, it doesnt open any browser or anything, press Bing safe search also doesnt open anything, Native search then works fine, please help *cry

I do got change Edge search to Google but it still working fine yesterday, not today

:)

tj3n123, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Dianiline Win User

uninstall Cortana in windows 10

Every time I "ask" Cortana anything, all it does is a websearch. Even if I ask where something is on my own computer--it does a stupid websearch. I could have done that myself in the browser. It also tells me how helpful it is, for example, it can help
    me remember to do things. That might be helpful. But it can't even do a simple search usefully, so I'm sure it's not going to be worth my while to learn how to tell it to remind me of things.

Dianiline, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Intrusive Systems

Yep that's a crock all this privacy stuff is connected to built in Cortana and websearch

Which is a Windows deal not security.

Not to mention all of the windows based telemetry and key loggers sending features in win-10 Win 10 Websearch does not open browser ;)

ThrashZone, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 Websearch does not open browser

1. Win 10 Websearch does not open browser - Similar Threads - Websearch does open

2. "News and Interest" does not open browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "News and Interest" does not open browser: On my work-provided computer, news and interests shows weather information for the wrong location. Trying to figure out what location it is pulling data from, I click on it, there are two popups. The first says "we're having trouble loading your feed" and then "you might be...
  3. "News and Interest" does not open browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "News and Interest" does not open browser: On my work-provided computer, news and interests shows weather information for the wrong location. Trying to figure out what location it is pulling data from, I click on it, there are two popups. The first says "we're having trouble loading your feed" and then "you might be...
  4. "News and Interest" does not open browser

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Browsers freeze Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browsers freeze Win 10: As the title suggests, recently my computer freezes randomly when using browsers, Edge or Chrome. There are 3 patterns: 1. Screen freezes, turns black for seconds; Ctrl+Alt+Delete still works, close the browser in Task Manager and problem is solved for the moment. 2. Screen...
  6. Browsers freeze Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browsers freeze Win 10: As the title suggests, recently my computer freezes randomly when using browsers, Edge or Chrome. There are 3 patterns: 1. Screen freezes, turns black for seconds; Ctrl+Alt+Delete still works, close the browser in Task Manager and problem is solved for the moment. 2. Screen...
  7. Site's video links don't open in Win 10 browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Site's video links don't open in Win 10 browsers: For the past few days, I've been getting an email newsletter from Brownstone Research. Those newsletters typically contain a links to a video or two. With my iPad Mini 2, the latter play in Safari, but on my Win 10 desktop the loading spiral appears for an instant, then...
  8. Websearch in the start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Websearch in the start menu: how do you turn off the web search feature in the start menu? It gets somewhat annoying trying to find a file, but I end up searching bing instead. submitted by /u/CrazyBooDawg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp3h44/websearch_in_the_start_menu/
  9. no websearch in the windows taskbar

in Cortana
    no websearch in the windows taskbar: in my taskbar search there is no websearch available anymore How can fix this and turn it on (or make it visible) again. Thanks for Your help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-websearch-in-the-windows-taskbar/8ef8fe81-323b-41e0-a1c4-d9a641209f9f"
  10. Win 10/ Browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10/ Browsers: Hi all. I've had Windows 10 since about July of 2015. At first I did the in-place upgrade on my previous Windows 8.1 system. Then a month or so later, I did a clean install via a USB drive; that's what I've been using since (and it's Windows 10 Home, 64-bit). I've...