Windows 10: Win 10 Won't Allow Window Appearance Changes

Discus and support Win 10 Won't Allow Window Appearance Changes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've spent hours installing and customizing Win 10, but can't find out how to set windows so they always open to the format and specifications I'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Florida Rene, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Win 10 Won't Allow Window Appearance Changes

I've spent hours installing and customizing Win 10, but can't find out how to set windows so they always open to the format and specifications I'd like.

For instance, in Win 7, I was able to change the Scroll Bar, Title Bar, Borders, Menu Fonts, Window Fonts, etc.

I'll try to attach/embed a JPG showing how a typical window looks in Win 7 on my laptop. I'm apparently not bright enough to figure out how to do this in Win 10 on my desktop. Can anyone help?

Win 10 Won't Allow Window Appearance Changes [​IMG]

Thank you very much.

:)

Florida Rene, Aug 8, 2015

2. Kodak Easyshare Software compatible with Windows 10?

NO win 10 won't allow

BillKoon860, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Nokia messaging sync unreliable

I tried to delete my accounts on email.nokia, it won't allow me to do so. Tried to change to pop mail, won't allow me to do so. Tried to change the folder I am subscribed to (which are not appearing on my phone anyway), it won't allow me to do so-just
    hung on connecting for more than 5 minutes.

mikeindc---01, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Lange666 Win User

Win 10 Won't Allow Window Appearance Changes

Lange666, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Thank you. I'm kinda skittish about editing the Registry. What is the "Tweaker proggy" you refer to? Is it the Bangalore, India, site? If so, that site stipulates that its "tweaks" are good up to Win 8.1, not Win 10.

Excuse the elemental query, but I'm no where close to being astute with this stuff.

Florida Rene, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Not sure how much customization you want, you can thank the hipster idiots at Microsoft for really "listening" to what people want in an operating system and don't worry I feel your pain, among countless others that simply cannot tell the difference between an active and inactive Window. Some 10 fanbois go as far as to call it "nitpicking" but honestly its not, its a simple basic feature that should be available to all. Hopefully the idiots at Microsoft will put this feature back in. What would help is if you report feedback in your W10 feedback to Microsoft search for color title bars or customization and keep spamming them and tell your friends.

Right now, this is the only work around to get color titlebars, but to let you know in advance it changes the text to black unfortunately, which you cannot change. So pick a lighter color so you can at lease read your Windows. Good luck.

Color of Window Borders and Title Bars - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

heyyahblah, Aug 9, 2015
  7. I shall, indeed, express myself to MS. Thanks for being on my side.

Florida Rene, Aug 9, 2015
  8. Rollerdog Win User

Take a look at Winaero Tweaker -- I changed many of the system fonts to my own favorite using that utility.

Rollerdog, Aug 10, 2015
  9. OldAussie Win User
    I guess like many previous versions of Windows, this one can be considered "mature" when third party programmers have written a variety of helper programs to tame the beast. Winaero Tweaker is the first to help us fix some of the shortcomings - an unpaid programmer kindly fixing what Microsoft's well paid programmers didn't bother to do.

OldAussie, Aug 10, 2015
  10. OldAussie: You got that right!

Rollerdog: Yes, WinAero Tweaker worked to change font in windows Title Bars. Excellent. But it failed to adjust Title Bar height, did not adjust Icon separations either horiz or vert, and completely knocked out my theme which Win10 Display won't restore now. Going back to a Restore Point didn't get it either.

Florida Rene, Aug 10, 2015
  11. Mystere Win User
    There will likely be many programs coming in the near future, like Window Blinds and what not that allow you to tweak the OS to your hearts content, but it's still brand new and they're still working on them.

Mystere, Aug 10, 2015
  12. Of course, you're absolutely right. I just happen to be fully caffeinated!

Florida Rene, Aug 10, 2015
  13. OldAussie Win User

It changed the title bar heights how I wanted. It cannot make them smaller than a particular minimum size, which depends on the size of the title bar font. If you set the height too small for the font, it bounces back to the minimum the operating system will allow for your font size setting. If you first reduce the font from 10 to 9, for example, you will find you can make title bars smaller.

I'm sorry to hear about the other problems you had with that program. Maybe I was lucky, and used different things off its list - not the changes that went wrong for you.

OldAussie, Aug 10, 2015
  14. I understand that, and it does make sense.

You tried, and yes...you probably are a lucky Aussie. Thank you for trying to help. I guess all things are not possible.

Florida Rene, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Won't Allow Window Appearance Changes - Similar Threads - Won't Allow Window

2. Windows Won't allow me to change my desktop background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Won't allow me to change my desktop background: I own a Asus Rog Zephyrus m15 and I have Windows 10 installed obliviously. When I finished the setup it automatically changed my desktop background photo to what my old laptop had as a background which was a photo I took. The other day i wanted to change the desktop...
  3. Windows 10 sign in won't appear

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 sign in won't appear: I am unable to sign in on my laptop running Windows 10 because the sign in box won't appear. The laptop boots normally to the screen with the time and date but when the mouse is clicked the background image blurs but no sign in box appears. I have restarted several times,...
  4. Win 10 won't allow me to email an .exe file as an attachment.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 won't allow me to email an .exe file as an attachment.: I have a set of five files which comprise the installation files for a popular free flight simulator (FMS). I have been supplying these files to R/C model club members for many years. Having recently upgraded to a new laptop with Win 10 I now get an error message when I...
  5. Windows 10 computer won't allow change of default program for .XML

Windows 10 computer won't allow change of default program for .XML: Hi there, Currently, as per the title, it appears to be impossible to change the .xml extension to open with Microsoft Excel 2016, instead defaulting to Office XML Handler and disallowing any apparent method for changing it. Computer is Windows 10, 64xbit OS, 8GB RAM. The...
  6. Windows Defender won't allow msiexe.exe to make changes.

Windows Defender won't allow msiexe.exe to make changes.: I'm attempting to install the update to Calibre and I've run into an issue that Windows Defender is blocking msiexe.exe from making changes. then I get an error from the Calibre installer that it was unable to create a temporary file needed for installation. I'm not sure...
  7. Won't allow me to change power plans!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Won't allow me to change power plans!: I can't change my power plan! It keeps saying "Some settings are managed by your system administrator" I AM A ADMINISTRATOR! What can I do to change my power plan??!!!...
  8. Win 10 Appearance

Win 10 Appearance: Hello, Cannot resize text, cannot bring back color, how can I bring back the 3D view of opened windows, menus, buttons ? When I click on the most left (windows icon) in the task bar, I get allso some colored icons, what are they, how to hide them, how to restore them ? Pls...
  9. Latest SW ver but Win 10 won't allow it to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest SW ver but Win 10 won't allow it to install: I have a new HP Envy 17t with Windows 10 64 bit. I have been installing various bits of software that I need to have. However, with some applications I get a strange error pop up, first a window telling me that the application is from an unknown source then, when I click OK,...
  10. Allow or Prevent Changing Color and Appearance in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Prevent Changing Color and Appearance in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Prevent Changing Color and Appearance in Windows 10 How to Allow or Prevent Changing Color and Appearance in Windows 10 [img] Information Users can change their color and appearance settings in Windows 10 to choose an choose default app mode to light...