Windows 10: win 10 wont boot to log on screen

Discus and support win 10 wont boot to log on screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So far I have enjoyed my new win 10. This morning the boot stops on the intro screen. this is where you touch any key & it goes on to the log on. No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 10beers, Jul 31, 2015.

1. 10beers Win User

win 10 wont boot to log on screen

So far I have enjoyed my new win 10. This morning the boot stops on the intro screen. this is where you touch any key & it goes on to the log on. No key works. I tried another keyboard & that didn't work. Con comeone help me please?

:)

10beers, Jul 31, 2015

2. DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

The laptop wont stay on long enough to do anything apart fron log on then the blue screen appears within seconds, so I have got rid of Win 10 off that laptop

PeterWilkinson1964, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - Cannot Boot, Reset, or Restore; Recovery Media Does not work either

So if your computer cant boot how the **** do u download the fix? Really provides some insight into the minds behind win 10........ using my phone because win 10 wont boot, wont reset etc

OblivionMC, Jul 31, 2015
  4. 10beers Win User

I see many have viewed my post. It's more than likely that this is a microsoft problem, which nobody knows how to fix. I got my machine to work again, I don't know how long it will work but it is working.
    FYI, I made an ISO copy of the installation download & burned it to a dvd. I booted with the disc & tried to repair the PC. It could not repair the machine. I continued on & booted to the desktop. All seemed to be working well. I removed the disc & rebooted. Boot went fine. I don't know how long it will work but I hope long enough for Microsoft to get a fix. Another thought is that it might be a power problem (that could be on me) I'll check that out too. Anyway for those having the same problem, good luck.

10beers, Aug 1, 2015
  5. marc52 Win User
    I have the same issue

I get black screen before sign in screen but.....
    I find if I close the lid and open it a second later one of
    the power lights on the leading edge of the laptop goes
    orange and screen goes to sign in...

see if it works for you and maybe it's a clue to the problem

marc52, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. win 10 wont boot to log on screen - Similar Threads - wont boot log

2. Computer wont boot past win 10 logo.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer wont boot past win 10 logo.: Computer wont boot past win 10 logo. The dots don't appear. On rebooting immediately win 10 loads properly. If I wait more than 1/2 minute the same occurs. I believe it is a compatability problem between Win 10 and motherboard. Does anyone agree with this and has anyone found...
  3. Win 10 wont boot with DVI-VGA adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 wont boot with DVI-VGA adapter: Hi, My pc is connected to my monitor via DVI-VGA adapter, I've had win 7 on my pc for 5 years, everything worked perfectly with it, today i got my pc from repair shop with win10 installed and when i connect it it shows win10 loading screen and than black. I tried connecting...
  4. Cant log in blurry screen win 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant log in blurry screen win 10: It seems as though Hewlett Packard computers are affected by this new windows 10 update, i am experiencing most of what other are writing on the forum about the blurry screen and login issues. My Hewlett Packard is an "all in one" about 5 years old. Its seems like we will all...
  5. bad sectors on hd and win 10 wont boot now

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bad sectors on hd and win 10 wont boot now: Hi All, I need to low level format my hd as it has bad sectors on it and then install win 10 home. Win 10 is not booting and says no system found. Can anyone tell me how to format the hd via say a memory stick and then install win 10 Thanks John...
  6. PC Win 10 Wont boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Win 10 Wont boot up: I have a serious problem with my Desktop PC which wont boot up. All I get is a auto repair then the option to restart or advanced which I can't select because the keyboard and mouse wont work. I have tried to boot into safe mode but no luck, and I have tried the on/off...
  7. Windows 10 BSOD Wont get past log in screen

Windows 10 BSOD Wont get past log in screen: Hi - I'm having a real hard time working through this endless loop. When I power up my Acer All In One with Windows 10, the computer boots up to the Welcom Screen. Sometimes it indicates that the network is present, sometimes it does not (even though the computer I am...
  8. Can't log into win 10, screen frozen

Can't log into win 10, screen frozen: After 1803 update computer worked fine for maybe a day. Now I can't log on, screen is frozen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cant-log-into-win-10-screen-frozen/645f930e-4a2d-4f1d-bb41-e5be25769f77
  9. Windows 10 wont log on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 wont log on: Im sitting here, on my phone, staring at a loading screen. Ive been staring for 20 minutes! I cant get on its just sitting there with the true key logo and the loading image! HELP PLEASE 74941
  10. Win 10 not opening to log in screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 not opening to log in screen.: I am hoping that someone can help with my problem as i am a complete computer numpty. I installed W10 five weeks ago and until now all has been well. When I turn on my laptop the"normal" picture screen opening appears showing the correct date / time. Any action to...