Windows 10: Win 10 won't boot up after install updates ?

Discus and support Win 10 won't boot up after install updates ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello & Thanks : Win 10 won't boot up after install updates . Well , not without entering F2/F12 setup . At set up I have to change boot device to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vmars316, Oct 15, 2016.

1. vmars316 Win User

Win 10 won't boot up after install updates ?

Hello & Thanks :
    Win 10 won't boot up after install updates .
    Well , not without entering F2/F12 setup .
    At set up I have to change boot device to dvd .
    Then change it again to boot device to hdd .

Also , I get these updateHistory msgs:
    * "Failed to install"
    Cumulative update for windows 10 version 1607 for x64 (KB3194798)
    Cumulative update for windows 10 version 1607 for x64 (KB3189866)

Is there a way to stop ms updates entirely ?

Thanks

:)

vmars316, Oct 15, 2016
  2. JayPezz Win User

Repeatedly trying to upgrade to W10. Every error different. No luck

It got worse.

After the system last came back after trying to update to Win 10 and said it was restoring Win 8.1, I thought it was OK. At that point, I posted my problem using my other system and shut down the Win8.1 laptop figuring I'd try it after a couple of days.

When I tried booting the Win 8, it would no longer boot. Worse, it won't even go into the BIOS, instead coming up with a blue screen saying:

Recovery

The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors

File:\Boot\BCD

Error Code: 0xc000000f

It not only won't boot, it doesn't bring up the BIOS choices as it did in the previous screen, won't go into BIOS, won't open the DVD drive and won't boot a Win10 or Win8.1 from a USB. In short, Win 10 took my working Win 8.1 and made a basket case of it.

JayPezz, Oct 15, 2016
  3. DougK55 Win User
    Windows 10 Update KB3135173

I Have an HP 15-272wm Laptop with Windows 10, ver 1511, build 10586.0. From a clean install, windows update KB 3135173 installs. On restart I get error code 0xc000021a, and windows will not boot up. After much research and hours of trying everything
    to fix this, I'm at my wits end. I've tried DISM commands, SFC /Scannow, clean boots, disabled and/or deleted the antivirus (Mcafee). It won't boot to safe mode. I've booted from a Win 10 Rescue disk and run the above commands. I've tried Windows update
    readiness fixes, and Win update reset fixes, but nothing works. It will do a system restore, but of course with windows 10, the update reinstalls and the problem comes back. Any help would be appreciated.

DougK55, Oct 15, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, do you have system restore points you can use? Or disk or system images?
    (KB3194798 is the latest; KB3189866 was typically about 4 weeks ago, so irrelevant, being superceded)

Given that the latest cumulative update has failed to install, but you have installed an update, which is your most recent update, and when, according to Update History was it installed? I'm wondering if you have actually installed an update recently.

Yes, there are ways to disable Windows update- generally widely publicised.
    E.g.
    Windows Update Automatic Updates - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

You might try a startup repair from a Windows installation medium.

dalchina, Oct 15, 2016
  5. vmars316 Win User
    vmars316, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 won't boot up after install updates ? - Similar Threads - won't boot install

2. Win 10 won't boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 won't boot up: Hi there Can someone possibly help Win 10 won't start up Really need help Any help is very much appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-wont-boot-up/fef3e56e-cdc6-4625-b23f-8a39690419c5
  3. Win 10 won't boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 won't boot up: Hi there Can someone possibly help Win 10 won't start up Really need help Any help is very much appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-wont-boot-up/fef3e56e-cdc6-4625-b23f-8a39690419c5
  4. Win 10 won't boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. After Windows 10 update, Boot pathway is missing and won't boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Windows 10 update, Boot pathway is missing and won't boot up: My Asus laptop was working perfectly before the Windows 10 update. After that I had inserted a SD card to upload some pictures onto my computer. The laptop won't boot up now and has the "Secure Boot Violation" screen come up. After reading up on getting into the BIOS settings...
  6. Windows 10 won't boot up after an interrupted update.

Windows 10 won't boot up after an interrupted update.: Today morning I was updating my pc but due to unexpected power failure updates was interrupted. I switched it on then it said undoing changes made to this pc and was successfully able to view the desktop but the next time I switched it on the pc won't boot up. Also I can not...
  7. HP comp won't boot after win 10 update

HP comp won't boot after win 10 update: I've had my Envy desktop for two years now and 4 the fourth time, my comp will not bootup after a win 10 update. before, hp would assist me to resolve this however now they refuse and suddenly insist that it is a MS problem. I do not think so. In researching this, I have...
  8. Win 10 won't boot up anymore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Win 10 won't boot up anymore: I used to have dual boot separate hard drives the win 10 on SSD and the Win 7 on a 500gb. Yesterday I started getting some freezing and when I looked at ctrl alt delete I saw Acresso Soft Manager front and center so I went in win 7 erased some files involving the soft one in...
  9. Win 10 won't connect to wifi on boot-up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 won't connect to wifi on boot-up: I'm running Windows 10, 64-bit, version 1607. When I boot up the system, it doesn't connect to my home network even though I have previously configured the wifi to connecct automatically. I see my network on the list of available networks, but when I try to connect manually,...
  10. Laptop won't boot after installing Win 10

Laptop won't boot after installing Win 10: I really have gotten myself into a bind here. Yesterday, I went to install Win 10 on an old laptop that I use for just browsing the web, and the kid uses to do homework, and sometimes play Starcraft. I had Win 7 Pro 32-bit installed on it. The installation went fine but then...