Windows 10: Win 10 won´t boot up, only hp logo shows

Discus and support Win 10 won´t boot up, only hp logo shows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hp ProBook 6440b, Win 10 Pro. After removing printern (USB) and DisplayPort/HDMI (via adapter) connections the screen turned black. Trying a reboot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mrsnakeman, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Win 10 won´t boot up, only hp logo shows

hp ProBook 6440b, Win 10 Pro. After removing printern (USB) and DisplayPort/HDMI (via adapter) connections the screen turned black. Trying a reboot only gave a black screen with the hp logo in the center, "Press the ESC key for Startup Menu" in the lower left hand corner and a battery/ac plug pic in the lower right hand corner. Info lights above the keyboard light up correctly BUT no amount of key pressing, even a "ctrl,alt,delete" combo causes any computer reaction at all. Tried a power start (power cable and battery removal and condenser clearing and then restart) but still nada, nothing. I really need this box (this is being sent on a dodgy reserve box) so any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

mrsnakeman, Jul 6, 2017
  2. Tmp1939 Win User

Error 0xc000000e and the computer does not boot

Original title: Error 0xc000000e

Win 10 had been fine until the last automatic update. Overnight, my HP DM4 does not boot all the way but stops at the Win logo. Acronis backup recovery does not work. Win 10 USB and CD (I have both) only boot up to Win logo. Win 7 CD does not run as
    I try to go back to earlier version of Windows. What can I do next?

Tmp1939, Jul 6, 2017
  3. Problems with shutting down and sleepfunction

After uppgrading to Win 10 from Win 8 my computer won´t shut down or go to sleepmode using on/off in the startfield/menu, the only way to shut down seems to be using the hard way with the on/off button on the computer.

Tryed to uninstall antivirus etc. to see if that was causing the problem but it didn´t help

Also searchd for and installed all availble uppdates from HP and Microsoft

Help please

Stefan Hultgren, Jul 6, 2017
  4. Win 10 won´t boot up, only hp logo shows

My computer skills are less than my 4-year old granddaughter! Have no idea as how to access the bios.

mrsnakeman, Jul 6, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, I searched for
    "how to access bios HP laptop"

HP Notebook PCs - BIOS Setup Information and Menu Options | HP® Customer Support

suggests
    F1 or F10
    Enter Setup at the red Compaq logo or blue HP logo

So when you see the HP logo (or just before) start pressing one of those.

As you can't boot your PC, your only hope of recovery is if you can boot it not from its internal disk, but from something else.

That way you have a chance of running System Restore, or restoring the registry backup. And at least you can see if you can still access the hard disk inside your PC.

Whatever you need to do will, I think, be well outside your comfort zone, so I would strongly suggest you seek help from a friend or relative.

Do you have a bootable flash drive or DVD for Win 10?
    (Your laptop apparently has a DVD drive)
    HP ProBook 6440b (NN230EA) specifications

Please download and burn a DVD for Kyhi's bootable disk available from the top of the Software and Apps section here. This should give you a Win 10 style desktop.

However, to be able to boot from it you probably need to change the boot priority in your BIOS.

dalchina, Jul 6, 2017
  6. While waiting for an answer to my query i looked into several threads and one said that access into hp´s system was through f9. I just tried it and was given the option of booting through the hd. I tried this and wow, I was able to boot up! It seems to be as before BUT I would really like to know why this happened and how to prevent a future reoccurrence of said event. Thanks for all your help. EDIT: the f9 info was from zbook in a thread in Drivers and Hardware titled "pc turns in(sic) and goes to a black screen", #3 . You can understand why I looked into the thread! Didn´t read any further, tried the f9 approach and success!

mrsnakeman, Jul 6, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    If only all PCs were self-healing... which key you need varies from manufacturer to manufacturer-- and might change with models and the BIOS used I suppose...

dalchina, Jul 6, 2017
  8. Win 10 won´t boot up, only hp logo shows

Yup, if only I could solve my other two problems (se my thread: "Volume mute light won´t change color" in the Drivers and Hardware section) with this box so easily!

mrsnakeman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 won´t boot up, only hp logo shows

1. Win 10 won´t boot up, only hp logo shows - Similar Threads - won´t boot logo

2. Pc won´t boot when restarting, only when is turned off and on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc won´t boot when restarting, only when is turned off and on: I can boot to win 11 normaly when my pc is off, but i can´t boot when restarting. it stays frozen on motherboard page asrock b550m phanton gaming and i can´t even press f11 or f2 for boot and bios options....
  3. Pc won´t boot when restarting, only when is turned off and on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc won´t boot when restarting, only when is turned off and on: I can boot to win 11 normaly when my pc is off, but i can´t boot when restarting. it stays frozen on motherboard page asrock b550m phanton gaming and i can´t even press f11 or f2 for boot and bios options....
  4. HP LOGO ONLY

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP LOGO ONLY: anyone Please help me.my lap is stuck at hp logo.i am trying to boot from a usb please anyone help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-logo-only/c6e17104-92b3-41be-a2bd-2c9042dd0c19
  5. HP LOGO ONLY

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP LOGO ONLY: Anyone please help me i just booted my lap with bootable usbwin10.its stuck at hp logo.Please help me[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-logo-only/0025c45d-10a7-4d44-bd5d-80f6782fa51c
  6. Wifi list won´t show

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi list won´t show: [ATTACH] Hi my new aspire 5 all of a sudden stopped letting me open the wifi list, while i had the same provider it was allright but right now i have changed my provider and since i can´t see the available networks it doesn´t let me choose it. I´ve already tried to update...
  7. 1TB WD won`t show up on my computer!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1TB WD won`t show up on my computer!: I got this problem that my Hard drive is not been seen by my laptop.I have tried many different ways solving it but it didn`t work once.I have tried to change the letter, to format it, to turn it online but nothing works because i can`t accesse it and it show up as gray.When...
  8. 1TB WD won`t show up on my computer!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    1TB WD won`t show up on my computer!: I got this problem that my Hard drive is not been seen by my laptop.I have tried many different ways solving it but it didn`t work once.I have tried to change the letter, to format it, to turn it online but nothing works because i can`t accesse it and it show up as gray.When...
  9. iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro: Hi People , Iv,e exhausted my troubleshooting skills with this issue . Problem : No iPhone will connect to my Alienware 13 running windows 10 pro version 1703 build 15063.138 . There are 3 USB 3.0 ports , One on left Two on right . When I connect to one on left...
  10. Windows 10 not booting, only displaying hp logo

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not booting, only displaying hp logo: Hi. My Windows 10 machine is not booting. I switch on the computer, the hp logo is displayed then disappears. I can access the bios and checked the boot sequence is correct. Any ideas what to do next? This is really frustrating, any help would be great. 56055