Windows 10: Win 10 won't login without internet connection

Discus and support Win 10 won't login without internet connection in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was having trouble logging into Windows 10. It would not accept my password. I discovered that I was having an issue with a network cable and had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GrouchoBarx, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Win 10 won't login without internet connection

I was having trouble logging into Windows 10. It would not accept my password. I discovered that I was having an issue with a network cable and had lost contact with the internet. Once I replaced the faulty cable, things are working fine.

However, I realized that I might have an internet service outage for any number of reasons, and then I would not be able to do any work locally. use my computer for lots of things that don't require internet connectivity. Music and video production, word processing, etc.

So my question is, how can I access my system if I have an internet connection issue?

:)

GrouchoBarx, Sep 12, 2015
  2. NoteOne Win User

No more internet connection available, after Windows 10 upgrade

Original Title: Why would MS remove the internet access from Win 10?

I connected fine under Win 7 Pro. The upgrade (upgrade?) process connected fine to download Win 10. The downloaded stuff connected fine to download more updates. The whole process connected fine. But after the final restart into Win 10, there's no more
    internet connection available.

Don't people use the internet under Win 10? I've upgraded back to Win 7 Pro since I do occasionally need the internet and an operating system without that ability, while obviously useful to the majority of people, just won't work for me.

Oh well, I tried it at least.

NoteOne, Sep 12, 2015
  3. Kneurotic Win User
    Can't Login User Account Withot Being Connected to the Internet

I'm trying to add my own account to Windows 10 from the local administrator account. It says the first time that I login I will need to be connected to the internet. I logout from the admin account, try to login to my personal account and it tells me that
    I need to be connected to the internet. MY COMPUTER IS CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET. It won't accept my Microsoft password or PIN from my old laptop, it just declares that I need to be connected to the internet. And even if I weren't connected, how would I be
    able to connect without first logging in?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in

Kneurotic, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Win 10 won't login without internet connection

Setup a local account then use it when no internet.

Ztruker, Sep 12, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 won't login without internet connection

1. Win 10 won't login without internet connection - Similar Threads - won't login without

2. Can't make an Hotspot connection without an internet connection.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't make an Hotspot connection without an internet connection.: Hi, Sometmes when I go outside to play LAN games with my friends I like to use a hotspot. But it seems not always possible as I don't constantly have an internet connection. I can't use the netsh wlan start hostednetwork command as it shows that my Wi-Fi card...
  3. Windows 10 Crashing Without Internet Connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Crashing Without Internet Connection: I have come to my wits end on as to why my Windows 10 won't run without an internet connection. I came across a thread for this which was no help. I have 4 desktops running the same version of 10 pro and 1 laptop running it. While a connection is made, windows allows me to...
  4. Laptop won't connect to Internet. Help!

Laptop won't connect to Internet. Help!: Laptop won't connect to Internet "can't connect" or "no Internet" messages. Other devices working fine. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/laptop-wont-connect-to-internet-help/81ad70b4-bb2b-4aeb-a5c1-935e3c56349c
  5. Can I login Without Internet?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I login Without Internet?: He yo guys! I am a newbie here,I just wanted to ask as I wanted to move to windows 10 I heard that it isn't possible to login windows 10 without internet, so I just wanted to confirm, do I really need to have internet while logging in my windows 10 pc (Any Edition)? 74011
  6. Does Win 10 login require an Internet connection?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Does Win 10 login require an Internet connection?: Does Win 10 require an Internet connection for me to login with my Windows Live password or has it stored the hash on my laptop? 28815
  7. iTunes won't connect to internet with W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iTunes won't connect to internet with W10: New Dell laptop and everything else works. Have deleted and re-downloaded iTunes 2x. Made sure it's enable in Windows firwall. Even turned off firewall. Deleted McAffee totally. No proxy server is checked. I've googled all day and it seems others are having this problem but I...
  8. Won't connect to internet

Won't connect to internet: Windows Insider 17063 won't connect to Internet. It is a wired connect and it says Internet access on the little screen icon. Tried Edge, Firefox, Waterfox and Chrome. Just get spinning circles. My wife's Win 10 connects and I have my computer also set up on a separate SSD...
  9. Internet says it is connected but won't work

Internet says it is connected but won't work: Summary: My windows 10 computer says the network has internet access, but I can't actually access anything on the internet. I know the internet is working because I have multiple other devices connecting, including a windows 7 computer. The computer can also see each other...
  10. continue install without internet connection?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    continue install without internet connection?: i'm having wifi problems. i previously downloaded the windows 10 update and it was installing. had to abort. came back later and i want to find the downloaded windows 10 update to then install. i can only find the assistant that starts all over, with the download. but i have...