Windows 10: Win 10 won't login without internet connection

Discus and support Win 10 won't login without internet connection in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was having trouble logging into Windows 10. It would not accept my password. I discovered that I was having an issue with a network cable and had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GrouchoBarx, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Win 10 won't login without internet connection

I was having trouble logging into Windows 10. It would not accept my password. I discovered that I was having an issue with a network cable and had lost contact with the internet. Once I replaced the faulty cable, things are working fine.

However, I realized that I might have an internet service outage for any number of reasons, and then I would not be able to do any work locally. use my computer for lots of things that don't require internet connectivity. Music and video production, word processing, etc.

So my question is, how can I access my system if I have an internet connection issue?

:)

GrouchoBarx, Sep 12, 2015
  2. NoteOne Win User

No more internet connection available, after Windows 10 upgrade

Original Title: Why would MS remove the internet access from Win 10?

I connected fine under Win 7 Pro. The upgrade (upgrade?) process connected fine to download Win 10. The downloaded stuff connected fine to download more updates. The whole process connected fine. But after the final restart into Win 10, there's no more
    internet connection available.

Don't people use the internet under Win 10? I've upgraded back to Win 7 Pro since I do occasionally need the internet and an operating system without that ability, while obviously useful to the majority of people, just won't work for me.

Oh well, I tried it at least.

NoteOne, Sep 12, 2015
  3. Kneurotic Win User
    Can't Login User Account Withot Being Connected to the Internet

I'm trying to add my own account to Windows 10 from the local administrator account. It says the first time that I login I will need to be connected to the internet. I logout from the admin account, try to login to my personal account and it tells me that
    I need to be connected to the internet. MY COMPUTER IS CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET. It won't accept my Microsoft password or PIN from my old laptop, it just declares that I need to be connected to the internet. And even if I weren't connected, how would I be
    able to connect without first logging in?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in

Kneurotic, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Win 10 won't login without internet connection

Setup a local account then use it when no internet.

Ztruker, Sep 12, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 won't login without internet connection

1. Win 10 won't login without internet connection - Similar Threads - won't login without

2. Cannot login without internet suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login without internet suddenly: Hello,I am currently in a region where I do not have access to the internet, but this has not been an issue for my PC for months until today. I went to login but instead of being promoted to enter my pin the login screen is asking to sign in then will immediately prompt to...
  3. login without internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    login without internet: Hi! i got a new machine. i started the session with windows 10, email account, pswd and 3 hints etc Without being connected to the internet. Next time i iniciated a session i was disconnected again and had no problem enetering my laptop. However the 3rd time, i Was connected...
  4. login without internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    login without internet: Hi! i got a new machine. i started the session with windows 10, email account, pswd and 3 hints etc Without being connected to the internet. Next time i iniciated a session i was disconnected again and had no problem enetering my laptop. However the 3rd time, i Was connected...
  5. login without internet

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Logging in without an internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Logging in without an internet connection: So I recently changed my internet over, meaning my PC is not able to log in without a microsoft account, is there a way I can change my interney over to the new one, as I cannot find a way myself, everytime I press the network button that you would normally use to change over...
  7. Not able to login without internet

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able to login without internet: Hi All, i have bought a new laptop and it has windows 10.It is only for personal purpose. I am having few issues with Logon. 1.While logging it is asking Microsoft account and after giving that password it is asking for to Create Pin and later it says not able to create...
  8. Windows 10 won't log on without internet connection if offline files enabled

Windows 10 won't log on without internet connection if offline files enabled: I am running Windows 10 and unless my computer is connected to the Internet, the computer will give me a blue screen with an RDR_FILE_SYSTEM stop code and an mrxsmb20.sys failure immediately after typing my log in password. This only happens with the profile that has offline...
  9. Does Win 10 login require an Internet connection?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Does Win 10 login require an Internet connection?: Does Win 10 require an Internet connection for me to login with my Windows Live password or has it stored the hash on my laptop? 28815
  10. Won't connect to internet

Won't connect to internet: Windows Insider 17063 won't connect to Internet. It is a wired connect and it says Internet access on the little screen icon. Tried Edge, Firefox, Waterfox and Chrome. Just get spinning circles. My wife's Win 10 connects and I have my computer also set up on a separate SSD...