Windows 10: Win 10 won't register new iPhone SE

Discus and support Win 10 won't register new iPhone SE in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Both the laptop and the iPhone SE are new. While the iPhone is very handy for taking photos it's not registering in Win 10 when I plug them together.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nithig, Mar 1, 2018.

1. nithig Win User

Win 10 won't register new iPhone SE

Both the laptop and the iPhone SE are new. While the iPhone is very handy for taking photos it's not registering in Win 10 when I plug them together. In other words, instead of just pulling the photos off the phone onto the laptop I have to email each photo, save it and then process.

Anyone got any ideas about how to get the iPhone to register on Win 10?
    Or, how can I get the laptop to register (in Device Manager) an Apple device? At present it is not showing at all in Device Manager/View/show hidden devices.

:)

nithig, Mar 1, 2018

2. Syncing Win 10 Calendar with Iphone calendar through Icloud

Win 10, latest updates. Iphone SE, ios 11.2.1.

I have successfully added Icloud acct to Win 10 Calendar, and I do receive Iphone Calendar events in the Win 10 Calendar. It syncs in this direction only. No events I put in the Win 10 Calendar show up in my Iphone Calendar. How can I get Win 10 Calendar
    events to sync to my Iphone Calendar?

I use Yahoo mail, but not Yahoo Calendar, nor any other calendar apps. I have no problems with Yahoo mail in either Wiin 10 or Iphone.

JohnTobin2, Mar 1, 2018
  3. pictures from iPhone SE to Windows

I sent pictures to Windows 10 from iphone SE - they won't open. They have a .jpg 5 ending. What do I do

cydnemooney, Mar 1, 2018
  4. Win 10 won't register new iPhone SE

Hi nithig

I assume your iPhone is awake as there is usually a message about trusting the computer.

If you install the latest iTunes it should install the necessary drivers. If you were not getting Trust message you should now.

Up to you whether you use any of the components within iTunes like backups. If you have other music apps don't let iTunes become the default player.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 1, 2018
  5. nithig Win User
    Hi Ken,

thanks for that.
    Yes, the problem appears to be iTunes.

iTunes does not have a "Help" tab at top (which instructions say is where to find 'Update') and I notice already it's
    trying to take over (firstly media player, automatic startup ....) It needs to be up dated but how is beyond me if there's
    no "Help".

So I'm removing the program and will just limp along with things as they are.

nithig, Mar 2, 2018
  6. RickC Win User
    It sounds like the original installation was glitchy and didn''t properly install the USB drivers that allow iPhones/iPads to be see in 2 different ways, i.e. as removable drives and as iTunes-connected devices. When this happens you get exactly the same problem as you described. (Plus, IMO, the Windows version of iTunes itself is one of the worst programmed messes ever inflicted. Just Google How good is iTunes *Smile)

Luckily, it's also fairly easy to fix. For example, here iTunes stopped recognising serial numbers of any of the 3 Apple devices that were connected in turn:

Win 10 won't register new iPhone SE [​IMG]

Try this:
    • Download and unzip USBDeview. There are two versions available so make sure you download the same 'bitness' as your version of Windows (which will almost certainly be 64-bit... but check anyway).
    • Right-click on the USBDeview executable and choose Run as administrator then accept the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Once USBDeview opens, select every Apple entry then use File > Uninstall Selected Devices. This will remove all the USB drivers that iTunes installed, corrupted or not.
    • Download and install iTunes again. (You can uninstall the old version first if you want but it doesn't really matter.) At the end of the installation, make sure iTunes is not running.
    • New, uncorrupted USB drivers will be installed automatically when you attach your iPhone. Be aware that the installation of these Apple drivers is almost always horrible slow. When the drivers have installed then iTunes should open automatically.
    • If, when iTunes opens, you don't see your iPhone attached then leave iTunes running and unplug your iPhone's USB data cable, count to 5 then plug it back in again.
    Hope this helps...

RickC, Mar 2, 2018
  7. nithig Win User
    Thanks RickC,

bit confused at the URL USBDeview ... how do I find and select the right one?
    Once I get passed this first stage I'll follow your directions.
    cheers!

nithig, Mar 2, 2018
  8. RickC Win User

Right-click on the Start button, select Run and enter ms-settings:about.

When the About page opens, scroll down to Device specifications on the right-hand side until you can read what's written alongside System type.

For example:

Win 10 won't register new iPhone SE [​IMG]

Depending on what's there, download either USBDeview for x64 systems (i.e. 64-bit) or USBDeview for x32 systems.

(USBDeview uses a file from the USB Vendor ID database to display the vendor name and product name of your USB devices. I've just checked and it appears the database site is down. I've zipped the database file here: usb-id.zip. Unzip it into the same folder where you unzip USBDeview. It just makes it easier to identify the Apple device drivers.)

Hope this helps...

RickC, Mar 2, 2018
  9. nithig Win User
    Once again, thanks RickC .

nithig, Mar 2, 2018
  10. x509 Win User
    I'm new to this thread, but I had the same problem as the OP. Windows recognizes my iPhone as a mass storage device, but iTunes does not. So I followed the instructions for use with USBDeview, and deleted all references to iPhone and iPad. Then I did a repair install using the latest iTunes. The phone was unplugged.

then I plugged in the phone and Windows threw out a "device being set up" message. However, iTunes still refuses to recognize the phone. What should I do? *Banghead I like my iPhone but right now I don't much like their iTunes development team. iTunes really sucks. *Rolleyes

11. RickC Win User
    I've had this happen to me several times. Sorry to say, you have to do it all over again...

1. Use USBDeview to remove the Apple drivers.
    1a. (Optional but a good idea) Uninstall iTunes, restart then re-install (in case one or more driver files are corrupt). Note that if you use iTunes for more than just backing up iOS then you need to copy the iTunes library folder somewhere then import it back again afterwards).
    2. Restart Windows (so it re-reads the registry).
    3. Plug your iPhone back in. Bear in mind it can take a very long time for Windows to work out what drivers are needed from the iTunes install.

(Note that a USB Lightning cable that is non-genuine Apple or that is breaking down can also be the cause, as I found out from bitter experience after doing all the above 3 times in a row.)

If this doesn't work then you can 'force install' the drivers. See this Apple support article for the how-to.

(You're right, iTunes for Windows is the spawn of the devil... yet works flawlessly IMO on OS X/MacOS.)

Hope this helps...

RickC, Mar 19, 2018
  12. x509 Win User
    Re-install, etc., did not work. WHAT DID WORK was following the instructions in that Apple support article. I probably forgot to say that on my system, the phone is recognized as a mass storage device, but not (until now) by iTunes. On my wife's system, also Win 10 Pro 64, it's the opposite. I followed the instructions to manually locate that driver. Once I clicked on the .inf file, that driver got installed and suddenly, iTunes sees the phone.

Now to take the same approach so my wife's computer sees the phone as a mass storage device. I will report back.

PS: iTunes on Windows is a real POS. *Rolleyes

13. RickC Win User

Glad you got it working.

RickC, Mar 19, 2018
  14. nithig Win User
    Hello all,thanks for your help ... concentrating with the laptop has been interrupted by a health matter.
    When I'm recovered and have energy again I'll return here and follow the instructions as downloading photos by emailing each individual one is time consuming & tedious.
    best wishes

nithig, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 won't register new iPhone SE - Similar Threads - won't register iPhone

2. Authenticator app can not be registered on a new iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator app can not be registered on a new iPhone: The authenticator app can not be registered on a new iPhone, the QR code can not be found. No other sign-in option has been set previously eg. via phone number Can not sign in to the security info page and change the sign-in method due to it asks to enter verification codes...
  3. Authenticator app can not be registered on a new iPhone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authenticator app can not be registered on a new iPhone: The authenticator app can not be registered on a new iPhone, the QR code can not be found. No other sign-in option has been set previously eg. via phone number Can not sign in to the security info page and change the sign-in method due to it asks to enter verification codes...
  4. Ark SE Won't Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ark SE Won't Work: I have encountered several problems with my brand new Windows 11 PC. First off, I cannot play Ark Survival Evolved. I constantly either get to the login screen where it says that I am not signed in, or, I can't get past the blue screen with the Ark image. I have tried every...
  5. Ark SE Won't Work

Ark SE Won't Work: I have encountered several problems with my brand new Windows 11 PC. First off, I cannot play Ark Survival Evolved. I constantly either get to the login screen where it says that I am not signed in, or, I can't get past the blue screen with the Ark image. I have tried every...
  6. 'Class not registered' win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'Class not registered' win 10: Cant open the start and search menu, and while opening windows apps its showing me 'CLASS NOT REGISTERED'. I have tried sfc scan but still m facing this issue.Can anyone help me please.Thanks....
  7. 'Class not registered' win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Class not registered' win 10: Cant open the start and search menu, and while opening windows apps its showing me 'CLASS NOT REGISTERED'. I have tried sfc scan but still m facing this issue.Can anyone help me please.Thanks....
  8. 'Class not registered' win 10

9. Help to play on my PC with my iPhone SE

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help to play on my PC with my iPhone SE: Back like 7-8 years ago there was an PC app called Arc or something like that, that could stream you the game you wanted to play but your PC weren't good enough for its graphics, so they streamed you the game which played on their servers. The only downside was that the...
  10. iphone se

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iphone se: hicant someone help me i can go bypass the wifi connet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iphone-se/fe2b2174-62b6-4599-9b4b-b590a295f6ba