Windows 10: Win 10 won't upgrade legal activated win 7 pro

Discus and support Win 10 won't upgrade legal activated win 7 pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Media-creation tool downloads and runs up until the point where it puts out a message that there is a problem with the Windows 7 product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wyeknott, Jun 12, 2018.

1. wyeknott Win User

Win 10 won't upgrade legal activated win 7 pro

Windows 10 Media-creation tool downloads and runs up until the point where it puts out a message that there is a problem with the Windows 7 product key. (sorry, I don't have the exact text at the moment)

This Windows 7 Pro 64 is an unquestionably legal oem installed OS and it was activated successfully.
    The Windows 7 PC is joined to a domain whose PDC is Windows Server 2016 and it works in all respects -- so far!

I don't understand why Windows 10 would refuse to upgrade Windows 7.

I really need to upgrade this PC to Windows 10.

Ideas???

Thanks...

:)

wyeknott, Jun 12, 2018

2. win 10 activation

I have a legal Win 7 free upgraded to Win 10. In repair shop Win 10 Pro has been "installed" which I have noticed few weeks ago. I have tried to activate Windows with code on the bottom of my PC but I get message that this code is not valid for Win 10 Pro.

I don't really need Win 10 Pro but how to get back to my Win 10 and activate it?

Thanks in advance for helping me with this.

ZoranSpasić, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Win 10 activation

I did the upgrade to Win 10 from a legal win 7 and all went smoothly and activated. There was a driver issue with a serial port card which could not be fixed and was imperative to my work so I moved my hard drives to a different tower. Now win 10 is no
    longer activated and gives me no alternative option than to purchase a license key. Any suggestions?

BrianAJenkins, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 won't upgrade legal activated win 7 pro

1. Win 10 won't upgrade legal activated win 7 pro - Similar Threads - won't upgrade legal

2. Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro: I installed Windows 10 pro as a VMware Workstation 14 Player Virtual Machine. I tried to activate it using the product key from an OEM Win7 pro DVD I purchased for a pc I built years ago (and then disassembled months ago). That didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks for any...
  3. Win 7 upgrade to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 upgrade to Win 10: I currently have windows 7 and just found out I was to get a free upgrade to Window 10. How do I acquire it please? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-upgrade-to-win-10/660e7921-eca1-4cde-be15-203ea0536f50
  4. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...
  5. Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Upgrade Graphics Problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Upgrade Graphics Problem: I have an HP Desktop with genuine Win 7 Pro. An online check of the Win 10 upgradability of the computer comes up with a failure of the onboard graphics drivers (ATI Radeon Xpress 1150). The graphics do NOT have updated drivers available. This was the only problem listed....
  6. upgrade win.7 to win 10

upgrade win.7 to win 10: I have 2 win 7 home that I upgraded to win 10 in my house they are fine But I have a win.7 home 32 bit in my shop out back i decided 2 days ago to upgrade it to windows 10 with media creation tool everything is working fine but I still don't have ver 1511 10586.36 I am...
  7. Win 7 Pro upgrade to Win 10 via 8.1

Win 7 Pro upgrade to Win 10 via 8.1: I have a new ASUS laptop, bought with Win 7 pro pre-installed (although shipped from Asus with Win 8.1). It is not receiving the Win 10 "upgrade" and I am advised to use the recovery disks supplied with the laptop, to re-instal Win 8.1. and then go for Win 10 Is...
  8. Win 7 Pro to Win 10

Win 7 Pro to Win 10: Upgraded, appeared to be fine. Now printer doesn't print. Shows as default, but won't print...*Sad 10819
  9. Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: My first PC I upgraded did not upgrade to Pro. So I want to download the media for Pro, and upgrade with it. When I go to the MS site to download, it does not offer me a selection of versions to download. Can anyone suggest where to find the Pro Win 10 download, or a...
  10. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10: My Gateway laptop has Win7 Sp1 64bit installed. I've tried 5 different times to upgrade to 10. Using the 64bit creative tool the download goes great, completes and the install starts, then says "failed in first boot phase with an error during SYSPREP operation." Also shows...