Windows 10: Win 10 x64 1703 Build 15063.332 with 90+ second boot from post 2 login

Discus and support Win 10 x64 1703 Build 15063.332 with 90+ second boot from post 2 login in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I only just signed up to the forums here, but have used them many times in the past to find answers and suggestions, I have read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by genuinegemini, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Win 10 x64 1703 Build 15063.332 with 90+ second boot from post 2 login

Hello everyone. I only just signed up to the forums here, but have used them many times in the past to find answers and suggestions, I have read through many for answers to my latest Windows issue, but 98% of what I found for the slow boot problem is either related to a blank black screen on boot up or associated with and Intel based system, neither of which apply to me,

Some background info: I am an A+ certified PC Tech, so not a "noob" in my computer literacy or technical expertise and ability. However, I am far far away from knowing everything about anything.

The issue: My PC takes 90+ seconds to boot from the beginning of post to the sign-in screen. After about a 6 or seven second post that includes the RAID detection I get the blue Windows logo and the spinning dots for about 79 to 85 seconds before I get the password prompt. Given my current system configuration it should not take anywhere near that long to boot.

Configuration:
    Win 10 x64 Version 1703 Build 15063.332 (Clean install with purchased prod key and updated to creator's build)
    ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
    AMD FX 8350 @4.2GHz
    32GB (8x4) G. Skill Ripjaws @1866MHz 11,13,13,31
    Sapphire Nitro Radeon RX480 OC 8GB
    Samsung 850 Evo 500GB x2 in RAID 0
    SB Recon 3D PCIe
    Corsair RM1000 Gold PSU
    Arctic Liquid Freezer 360 CL water cooler

What I have tried:
    Disabled fast boot, shutdown and restarted - same issue.
    Enabled fast boot, shutdown and restarted - same issue.
    Toggled between UEFI and Other OS in BIOS and same issue on each setting.
    Set to clean boot with startups disabled and same issue.
    Set to no GUI boot, shutdown and restart at which point I got the blue Windows logo, but no spinning dots. I had to boot to safe mode to deselect no GUI and reboot, at which point I got the same slow boot issue.
    Ran virus/malware scans which returned no infections of any kind.
    Ran Windows AIO repair tool - same issue.
    Ran DISM restore health command from powershell and rebooted - same issue.
    Disabled AMD power saver in registry and rebooted - same issue.
    I wiped my drives, set BIOS to defaults and configured the system on a single Evo 850 and same issue.
    Wiped the system again and put it back to RAID 0 and same issue.
    Disabled my graphics adapter in device manager and rebooted - same issue.
    Set my BIOS to optimized defaults changing only the SATA config for ports 1-4 to RAID and same issue.
    Windows is completely up to date and all drivers (as far as I can tell) appear to be current.
    Checked startup items and task scheduler and found nothing unusual or unnecessary.
    SFC returns no issues.
    CHKDSK returns no issues.
    Ran standard and system files disk clean up and rebooted, but same issue.
    Antivirus is Windows Defender.

The PC runs fast and flawless in the Windows Environment, but I just can't figure out this slow boot issue. I took the liberty of running a boot trace in the hopes that someone here can help me figure out what may be causing this annoying startup delay. I have attached a screenshot for each of the three boot traces, but not sure if they are displaying the necessary information as boot tracing is one of the areas I have not explored in my technical background.

Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

:)

genuinegemini, Jun 11, 2017
  2. Bellamau Win User

Windows update error

Same problem.

My version is:

Windows 10 Pro x64

Version 1703

Build 15063.332

Maurizio

Bellamau, Jun 11, 2017
  3. Windows update error

Exactly same for me running...

My version is:

Windows 10 Pro x64

Version 1703

Build 15063.332

GooberSnott, Jun 11, 2017
Thema:

Win 10 x64 1703 Build 15063.332 with 90+ second boot from post 2 login

1. Win 10 x64 1703 Build 15063.332 with 90+ second boot from post 2 login - Similar Threads - x64 1703 Build

2. Laptop takes 90+ seconds to boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop takes 90+ seconds to boot: Hello, I own a 2 year old Alienware m16 laptop which for a couple of months now has taken anywhere from 80 to 100 seconds to boot. The laptop has a 512GB NVMe SSD, 16GB of RAM and a Core i7-8750H processor. Here are the different things I've tried: ● I've run multiple...
  3. SSD Boot Time 90+ Seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD Boot Time 90+ Seconds: I have a Samsung 830 SSD that I've been using for a couple of years. When I first used it, I had cold boot times of ~20 seconds. I've since upgraded parts around, but kept the same SSD. But after a couple months in my latest upgrade, I notice longer boot times. I have the...
  4. Reinstalling Windows 1703 15063.x to 15063.1324

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 1703 15063.x to 15063.1324: Greetings All, Ever since installing the last Cumulative Update (15063.1324), my desktop has been freezing up intermittently and my DisplayLink USB Monitor Adapter has been flashing on and off, again on an intermittent basis. So, thinking that there will only be (hopefully)...
  5. Balky Edge browser on Win 10 X64 Pro build 15063

in Browsers and Email
    Balky Edge browser on Win 10 X64 Pro build 15063: If I allow Edge to sit idle for a minute or so, it becomes sluggish or unresponsive. The only extension that I have installed is AdBlock. Has anyone else seen this behavior? Are there any fixes or work-around available? 80422
  6. Version 1703 Build 15063 removes programs?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Version 1703 Build 15063 removes programs?: After updating to version 1703, I noticed that programs were missing. I had previously installed the Win7Games4Win10, which brings back the old Solitaire, Freecell, etc. After the update they were completely gone. Is this something that occurs with the update, or just a...
  7. Random BSOD Win10 Pro x64 Build 1703

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD Win10 Pro x64 Build 1703: Hello guys, this BSOD is actually for my wife's desktop, which has been having this random BSOD for quite a while now, so the crash log zip includes a bunch of dump files, I can't stand it anymore, so want to get some help from the pros *Wink You can probably see from the...
  8. Akasa Multi Card Reader not working under 1703 build 15063

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Akasa Multi Card Reader not working under 1703 build 15063: Windows was upgraded to this build & now the 5 card reader isn't being recognized 99% of the time. It worked perfectly OK under the previous build 1702. Have done a clean installation from scratch with no improvement. Any ideas appreciated as I've not been able to...
  9. Boot Time with SSD and Win 10 is 90 sec.

Boot Time with SSD and Win 10 is 90 sec.: I have an ASUS 6730 with Win 10 and I just installed an SSD as the boot drive. Boot time is very long 90 sec. I have the latest BIOS version. I tried disconnecting all external drives. I turned off the old internal drive in Devices just in case the BIOS was searching the old...
  10. Dual-boot Problem after update Build 15063

Dual-boot Problem after update Build 15063: Hello, since the last update, while starting to dual-boot, when they appear the two operating systems, the disk indicator LEDs, is in operation (on) for more than 40 sec. whereas before after 10-15 sec turned off. Any suggestions? Thank you 81751