Windows 10: Win 10 x64 Home PC cant reinstall or access OneDrive

Discus and support Win 10 x64 Home PC cant reinstall or access OneDrive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Home PC only I am only Admin. About a yr ago I some how deleted parts of onedrive, would not stop syncing and made me *Mad . I do not remember what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tonys317, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Tonys317 Win User

Win 10 x64 Home PC cant reinstall or access OneDrive

Home PC only I am only Admin. About a yr ago I some how deleted parts of onedrive, would not stop syncing and made me *Mad . I do not remember what I did. Though I did a good job. It really does not seem to be there or active. And I do not know how to get in to repair it.

It is not showing up in my remove/uninstall/add or my task bar. I can not find it with a win 10 search.

Want to use it again. I forget the name but it is saved in my windows>winsys directory. "One Drive Setup". When I try to run that it tells me I have a newer version installed and "Stops" me there. When I try to run the copy I downloaded from windows. It tells me I have to uninstall whatever is on my computer already. I just can not access it. I have been logging in directly to the website to use it.

How can I uninstall the old stuff and start from scratch? I just paid the $6.99 monthly fee and want to use it again.

THANKS!

:)

Tonys317, Jul 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 27, 2018
  3. REINSTALL ONEDRIVE

Try these steps out and let me know how it goes:

• Right-click Start button, choose Run
    • Type appwiz.cpl and click OK
    • Find "Microsoft OneDrive" in the list and uninstall it
    • Restart your computer
    • Go to the
      OneDrive Download Page here
      and click the "need to reinstall?" link on the page to get the new installer
    • Let me know if the installer has any trouble this time

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 27, 2018
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 x64 Home PC cant reinstall or access OneDrive - Similar Threads - x64 Home cant

2. cant instal updates win 1020h2 x64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant instal updates win 1020h2 x64: hi, I can't install two updates this: 2021–01 Zbirna posodobitev za Windows 10 Version 20H2 za x64 KB4598242 Windows 10, version 1903 and later Security Updates 11. 01. 2021 ni na voljo 401,3 MB 2021–02 Zbirna posodobitev za Windows 10 Version 20H2 za x64 KB4601319...
  3. WIN 10 x64 PRO CAN'T CONNECT TO HOME HUB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIN 10 x64 PRO CAN'T CONNECT TO HOME HUB: So far I've spent the better part of 4 days with techs from Microsoft and Bell Canada, have tried at least a dozen different "solutions" and my problem remains unresolved. To reach the Hub 2000 one has to search for 192.168.2.1, over the years I've done it without problems...
  4. Win 10 Pro reinstalls as Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro reinstalls as Win 10 Home: I've seen a lot of posts but none that fit what I'm facing. I have an HP Envy that came with Win 8.1 Pro w/ MCE. It was upgraded to Win 10 Pro some time ago. During that process it had me remove the MCE since Win 10 didn't have it which was fine since it wasn't being used....
  5. win 10 x64

win 10 x64: i have upgraded win 8.1 to win 10 and after upgrade i found out that i have this now a 32 bit operating system 64 based processor thank you Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-x64/20acbf93-d97c-4ec9-8753-67cb6c343fcc
  6. I cant' reinstall win 10 on my PC.

I cant' reinstall win 10 on my PC.: I cant' reinstall win 10 on my PC. I used the fresh start to reset the PC. After resetting up to 48% a message showing" There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made". Help me. I have tried download media creation tool and it is telling the version is not...
  7. Cant activate Win 10 after a reinstall

Cant activate Win 10 after a reinstall: The question yields not the pc I'm on now. Another pc had problems with running some games I like, Microsoft games. It came up "gathering exception data" often when launchin the game or during gaming. After reinstall I got new features but also I was told to activate...
  8. Win 10 x64 Home PC cant reinstall or access OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 x64 Home PC cant reinstall or access OneDrive: Home PC only I am only Admin. About a yr ago I some how deleted parts of onedrive, would not stop syncing and made me *Mad . I do not remember what I did. Though I did a good job. It really does not seem to be there or active. And I do not know how to get in to repair it. It...
  9. Cannot access a drive on a Win 10 Home device from domain Win 10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access a drive on a Win 10 Home device from domain Win 10 PC: I have had to reinstall W 10 Pro on my desktop PC bound to a Windows Server network. It now won't open a shared drive on my W 10 Home laptop. when I bring it into the office. Both are patched to the latest update. The laptop has two drives (less call them C: and E: shared....
  10. A plethora of problems...Win 10 Home x64

in Windows 10 Support
    A plethora of problems...Win 10 Home x64: I'm posting this from work, so I don't have access to my logs. Before I dive into the multitude of issues, here's the system specs: Dell XPS 8700SE i7-4790 @ 3.60ghz (not over clocked) 16GB DDR3 2TB Seagate HDD (2 of them actually). Only 1 hooked up at a time:...