Windows 10: Win 10 x64 . . . Wake from sleep, no Wake . . . hard restart . . . .

Discus and support Win 10 x64 . . . Wake from sleep, no Wake . . . hard restart . . . . in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; . . . Macrium Reflect "fix boot errors" is saving my A**! Between updates, on Wake from Sleep, no Wake . . .. requires hard start . . . spinning dots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DaveGrant01, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Win 10 x64 . . . Wake from sleep, no Wake . . . hard restart . . . .

. . . Macrium Reflect "fix boot errors" is saving my A**!
    Between updates, on Wake from Sleep, no Wake . . .. requires hard start . . . spinning dots . . . no boot . . . requires my Macrium Reflect intervention disk . . . "fix boot errors" . . . . System then actually does Start . . .
    Anyone else . . . ? What is going on?

:)

DaveGrant01, Nov 3, 2016

2. Widows 10 Power problems

Installed Win 10 on my HP notebook and now it won't wake up from sleep. I have to do a hard restart. Also when I use shut down process it only goes to sleep and then won't wake up. Anyone else having this problem?

RichardCastellano, Nov 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep

Original title: Windows doesn't wake from sleep

I'm running Win 10 Pro x64 v10586 on my desktop. In the last week, my PC will not wake from sleep mode using the keyboard and mouse. Both are plugged into usb 2 ports and the bios is set for legacy support. The keyboard will operate without special drivers
    and the keyboard settings are to allow the device to wake the PC.

Power options put the PC to sleep in 30 minutes. Allow hybrid sleep is set to On. Hibernate is set to never.

Any ideas how to fix this problem?

edit:

the event log shows an error when the PC is rebooted (to get it out of sleep):

windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000221

Michael Gerbasio, Nov 3, 2016
Thema:

Win 10 x64 . . . Wake from sleep, no Wake . . . hard restart . . . .

1. Win 10 x64 . . . Wake from sleep, no Wake . . . hard restart . . . . - Similar Threads - x64 Wake sleep

2. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  3. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  4. windows 10 will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 will not wake from sleep: I have executed all tricks that were found on the web but my laptop still goes to sleep and does not wake up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-wake-from-sleep/b32611ba-84fb-49c5-a4f9-b589b557446e
  5. Waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Waking from sleep: Every time I put the computer into sleep mode and then wake it up, it says no contact with the monitor after I turn on the monitor. I then have to leave the monitor on and put the computer to sleep via the keyboard and wake it up, it then sees and connects with the monitor....
  6. Waking from sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Waking from sleep?: I understand how to stop windows waking from sleep but there are so many steps. By this I mean, the IMO, the sleep function in windows, by default is not fit for purpose. You have to make sure WOL is disabled, sleep timers, usb devices disabled allowing to wake are disabled....
  7. Waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking from sleep: Since the last update my mouse won't wake my pc from sleep - i have to press the reset button. I've checked power options etc Help, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-from-sleep/16c5f540-8199-48ba-a97b-971670323493
  8. Wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake from sleep: I’ve set my windows pc many times to only wake from sleep when a key from my keyboard has been pressed, not on mouse movement. It works for a couple of times and then it reverts to how it was before!! I’m getting very frustrated and would love a solution to this! submitted...
  9. waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    waking from sleep.: I have just changed from Win 10 home 32 bit to the 64 bit version. The crap I had with it starting up, shutting down the doing full cold boot after waking from sleep with a long time to come up still exists. I do not believe I am the only person in the world with this...
  10. will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    will not wake from sleep: I have a 4 yr old custom built desktop upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro about 8 months ago. Up until two weeks ago the sleep/wake up has worked perfect. Now the unit will not wake from sleep. I have tried everything I have seen and nothing has worked. It has to be booted...