Windows 10: Win 10 You do not have permission to access (drive). Contact your netw

Discus and support Win 10 You do not have permission to access (drive). Contact your netw in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On two of my three laptops (Sony & W700) I get this error when I attempt to access some network drives that have been shared - "You do not have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jgt1942, Jan 6, 2016.

1. jgt1942 Win User

Win 10 You do not have permission to access (drive). Contact your netw

On two of my three laptops (Sony & W700) I get this error when I attempt to access some network drives that have been shared - "You do not have permission to access (drive). Contact your network administrator to request access."
    I just did a clean install of Win10 x64 Pro on my desktop and shared out 11 drives with full permissions. On one of my laptops (Lenovo) I can access all 11 drives on two other laptops I cannot access 5 of the 11 drives. They are the same drives on both laptops. When I shared the drives I picked the option "People without a user account and password for this computer can access folders shared with everyone" and granted full permissions for all. All systems are running Win10 x64 pro and the login IDs are admin level.

Win 10 You do not have permission to access (drive). Contact your netw [​IMG]

Win 10 You do not have permission to access (drive). Contact your netw [​IMG]

I've attached two images, the first image includes for each laptop (Sony, Lenovo and W700) the drives I'm trying to access. The drives highlighted in red I cannot access on the Sony and W700 system, the drives in green can be accessed.
    The newest install of Win10 is on my desktop (S4, this is a clean install of Win10) had Win8.1 installed and had the 11 drives shared out and at that time none of the systems had access issues.
    Following are things that I have tried
    • Removed the share and re-shared the drives on the S4 (my desktop)
    • On the two problem systems, disconnected the problem drives and re-mapped them
    • All systems have been rebooted

:)

jgt1942, Jan 6, 2016

2. You do not have permission to access this device

Hi,

Have you tried a repair of WMDC through the Control Panel > Programs & Features?

Linley.

Pocket PC Mauritius omnia i900 avnya henriett

Linley Meslier, Jan 6, 2016
  3. MaryAliceC, Jan 6, 2016
Thema:

Win 10 You do not have permission to access (drive). Contact your netw

1. Win 10 You do not have permission to access (drive). Contact your netw - Similar Threads - permission access drive

2. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: I know this question has already been asked here, but no solution in that thread helped.In fact, here is a comprehensive list of all the forum posts I have gone through and attempted every fix in, without...
  3. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: FYI, I have discovered why the error in the thread title may persist no matter what you try. If you have multiple share connections to a single computer you may have somehow gotten differing credentials between some of the shares. Having multiple credentials to access shares...
  4. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: I've gone in a HUGE circle trying to resolve this issue "You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to request access" and so far zero success. I found another post about the same subject at...
  5. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: I've gone in a HUGE circle trying to resolve this issue "You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to request access" and so far zero success. I found another post about the same subject at...
  6. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: I found this post "You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to request access" at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-do-not-have-permission-to-access-pcname/704f39f0-a03e-4f1c-bead-a45df97e455dI have two desktop...
  7. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: I found this post "You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to request access" at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-do-not-have-permission-to-access-pcname/704f39f0-a03e-4f1c-bead-a45df97e455dI have two desktop...
  8. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: Hi AllHas there been any solution to this problem.I have two Dell computers both running Windows 10 Home, on a TP-Link Deco Mesh network. I have set up all the network sharing permissions. Both computers are visible in the Network tab in File explorer but when I try to access...
  10. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: ***Modify title from: Permissions*** Hello, I have a network configured as a workgroup. All 9 systems are Windows 10. I'm using one as a file server. My issue is I have shared the C drive on this file server giving everyone full control but from the workstations when I...