Windows 10: Win 10Pro: Encrypted everything; now two drives are missing

Discus and support Win 10Pro: Encrypted everything; now two drives are missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It's been a long few days. I finally finished an upgrade from Win 10 Home to Pro and used Bitlocker to encrypt all my hard drives. Now, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mattwarren, May 6, 2018.

1. Win 10Pro: Encrypted everything; now two drives are missing

It's been a long few days. I finally finished an upgrade from Win 10 Home to Pro and used Bitlocker to encrypt all my hard drives. Now, after rebooting, two of my hard drives (both SSD) do not show up in "This PC". And when I visit Disk Management, they are also not listed.

I have no idea where to even start with this and would appreciate some help. I will happily provide any requested technical information.

:)

mattwarren, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Win 10Pro: Encrypted everything; now two drives are missing

1. Win 10Pro: Encrypted everything; now two drives are missing - Similar Threads - 10Pro Encrypted everything

2. Everything is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything is missing: I've decided to do a reset on my asus laptop, it has a ryzen 7 6800H , rtx 3060, it does have a wifi adapter.I used a media creation tool usb 32GB SanDisk to reset it, I booted up , formatted the main hard drive and did the reset all good right? Not exactly...I start up by...
  3. Bitlocker drive encryption service missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker drive encryption service missing: So i can't change my bitlocker setting and when i looked into services.msc i couldnt find the bit locker service.Is there a way that i could include the service back in...
  4. Bitlocker drive encryption service missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker drive encryption service missing: So i can't change my bitlocker setting and when i looked into services.msc i couldnt find the bit locker service.Is there a way that i could include the service back in...
  5. Bitlocker drive encryption service missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Encryption key missing for D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encryption key missing for D drive: I inherited a Dell laptop from my father-in-law. I noticed that I have an encrypted D drive. I don't have the encryption key. I was told by a computer repair company that I need to ask Microsoft for this information. How can I get this encryption key so that I can access the...
  7. Encryption key missing for D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encryption key missing for D drive: I inherited a Dell laptop from my father-in-law. I noticed that I have an encrypted D drive. I don't have the encryption key. I was told by a computer repair company that I need to ask Microsoft for this information. How can I get this encryption key so that I can access the...
  8. Encryption key missing for D drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Optical drive now missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optical drive now missing: Hello, I have been trying to setup my PC for over one year now and keep having issues. I have experminted and practiced reinstalling Windows 10 20H2 about 10 times. Everything was looking good and was finally ready to setup my PC today. I reinstalled Windows, ran Windows...
  10. Other User Account Win 10Pro

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Other User Account Win 10Pro: My Win10 Pro did an update on one of my workshop PCs, left it to its devices. Later when I switched on my account has vanished, says Other User, if I log in with my name it opens OK. Have tried netplwiz, there is only my account as administrator, so what's changed ? version...