Windows 10: win 1709 spotlight in lock screen

Discus and support win 1709 spotlight in lock screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Mine is not working;is anyone else having the same issue? 99367 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by maranna, Dec 1, 2017.

1. maranna Win User

win 1709 spotlight in lock screen

Mine is not working;is anyone else having the same issue?

:)

maranna, Dec 1, 2017
  2. MWenz Win User

Windows Spotlight "Like what you see?" option is missing

I have the same problem in that Windows Spotlight is stuck and there is no "Like what you see" or any app on the lock screen. I used to have Weather up on the lock screen. None of it works since the fall update.

feedbackprovided is already in the registry and set equal false.

Build 1709 (OS Build 16299.19) Win 10 Pro.

MWenz, Dec 1, 2017
  3. Vickjai23 Win User
    Windows 10 Pro - No Windows Spotlight option in Lock Screen

Hi

My win 10 Personalize function Lock Screen does not have the Windows Spotlight function. previously it is working fine until this morning it gives me a blank screen and suddenly the Win Spotlight option is no longer available, only left Picture and Slideshow.

Please help.

-- -- --

From another post:

i used to have win spotlight option under Personalize-Lock Screen but now only left Picture and Slideshow. i really like the Win Spotlight so pls tell me howto get it back. thank you.

Vickjai23, Dec 1, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Yes. Since 1709 mine regularly stops working for no apparent reason. Brink's tutorial fixes it every time...

*Arrow Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10

...though, to be honest, Spotlight has always been a bit 'fragile'.

There are other aspects of Spotlight that have improved in 1709. For instance, for the first time ever the Spotlight picture appears at boot up - previously it was always the default Windows picture (the cave up to 1703, a mountain lake in 1709).

Bree, Dec 1, 2017
  5. maranna Win User
    I downloaded, ran and rebooted, twice to no avail.
    Thanks anyway.

maranna, Dec 1, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    It sometimes takes a while to get going again. It's essential to set the lock screen to Picture (or Slideshow) before running it. Also, if you have a metered connection you'll need to turn off metering for a while to let it get more pictures.

Bree, Dec 1, 2017
  7. maranna Win User
    MS tech had me run upgrade to no avail. I will set it and wait it out.

maranna, Dec 1, 2017
  8. Bastet Win User

Double check that you’ve changed spotlight to picture or slideshow, the setting sometimes has a funny way of changing back to spotlight without the user noticing. I’ve had the same & wondered why the fix didn’t work.

Bastet, Dec 1, 2017
  9. maranna Win User
    Background is solid color and lock screen is picture. It is stuck on picture. I have run SFC, DISM, reinstalled Windows and run all the strings to clear out the folders.
    I think Windows has a glitch b/c when I surf, many others have the same issue. I doubt it can be fixed on my end. No biggie but thanks anyway.

maranna, Dec 1, 2017
  10. maranna Win User
    I am intrigued as to why most forums and members are from the U.K.
    Do you know why?

maranna, Dec 1, 2017
  11. eilhart Win User
    I also have this issue. I'll try Brink's solution. I've already tried like 4 solutions from other websites.

edit: It seems to have worked. Not sure yet. The spotlight image is a new one but it still doesn't ask me if I like it or not like it used to before 1709 build.

eilhart, Dec 2, 2017
  12. maranna Win User
    I tried Brink's and 4 others and still spotlight will not function. Judging by the web, we are not the only ones.
    I am done with it. M$ should fix it but I am not holding my breath.
    I may recover an image to clear out all the clutter I have created.

maranna, Dec 2, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

The 'do you like what you see?' is only shown when you actually lock the screen, either by leaving it until it locks automatically, or by using the WinKey+L. It doesn't ask you at boot or after a sign out.

14. Bree New Member
    I once broke my Spotlight by digging into the registry to try to 'un-like' a picture. An in-place repair install fixed it for me.

*Arrow Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

15. eilhart Win User
    No. It isn't working on lockscreen via Win+L either. I might try that fix you posted later or I will wait for an update/fix from MS.

eilhart, Dec 3, 2017
Thema:

1. win 1709 spotlight in lock screen - Similar Threads - 1709 spotlight lock

2. Win 11 lock screen and spotlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 lock screen and spotlight: I switched to 10 several years ago and then upgraded to 11 a while back... For whatever reason one of the small pleasures for me has been Spotlight on the lock screen and the random photos. There has never been a problem with this feature, across 3 laptops and two OS until...
  3. Win 11 lock screen and spotlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 lock screen and spotlight: I switched to 10 several years ago and then upgraded to 11 a while back... For whatever reason one of the small pleasures for me has been Spotlight on the lock screen and the random photos. There has never been a problem with this feature, across 3 laptops and two OS until...
  4. Spotlight Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight Lock Screen: Hi everybody, I know we can't personalize the Windows 10 Spotlight lock screen. It would be better if we could at least choose a preferred theme. I like these landscapes, however, if I had a choice, I would prefer painting.Thanks....
  5. Spotlight Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotlight Lock Screen: Hi everybody, I know we can't personalize the Windows 10 Spotlight lock screen. It would be better if we could at least choose a preferred theme. I like these landscapes, however, if I had a choice, I would prefer painting.Thanks....
  6. Spotlight Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Lock screen win 10, window spotlight

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen win 10, window spotlight: I have reinatalled window 10 on my laptop several times version 20H2, but this time, the spotlight feature has stopped. I tried lots of method to fix it which can find on the internet, but all of them were ineffective. What should i do?? Please help....
  8. Lock Screen - Windows Spotlight

Lock Screen - Windows Spotlight: I have been getting the Windows Spotlight lock screen pictures, which are beautiful and interesting, until recently. In lock screen settings I have set it to Windows Spotlight, but I am not getting them anymore. What happened? How can I continue to get the lock screen...
  9. spotlight lock screen

spotlight lock screen: without waiting a week or two for windows to display the "Like what you see?" question, how do I find out what I'm looking at in my spotlight lock screen??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-lock-screen/ad43af1f-2c08-4456-8424-3e56c3709553
  10. Windows Spotlight/Lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight/Lock screen: Got two Win 10 Pro x64 systems in full time use, a laptop and a desktop. On the desktop the Lock screen is working as it should in default config - a new high def picture every few days, some of them quite beautiful. However on the laptop the picture never changes. I've...