Windows 10: Win 7.1 to 10 with Intel RAID drivers - upgrade problem

Discus and support Win 7.1 to 10 with Intel RAID drivers - upgrade problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; By Gigabyte system board uses "Intel Rapid Storage Technology. Version 11.0.0.1339 (c) 2003-11 Option-ROM" as a firmware function. This version does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeLieberman, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Win 7.1 to 10 with Intel RAID drivers - upgrade problem

By Gigabyte system board uses "Intel Rapid Storage Technology. Version 11.0.0.1339 (c) 2003-11 Option-ROM" as a firmware function. This version does not support Win 10. I contacted Gigabyte and they pointed me to version 14 software drivers which do support Win 10. The only instructions that came with the drivers where to put it on a flash drive for Windows to read during the install process.

So I did this, but Win 10 crashed with a:
    0xC1900101 - 0X40017failed in the second boot phase with an error during Boot operation.

Based on the three error messages that were given during the failed upgrade attempt, it does seem to be a disk read problem.

My best guess is that the upgrade did not see the drivers. Or maybe software drivers do not trump the firmware drivers. Anyone have any suggestions?

:)

MikeLieberman, Dec 17, 2015
  2. gilles sigaud, Dec 17, 2015
  3. GMBailey Win User
    GMBailey, Dec 17, 2015
Thema:

Win 7.1 to 10 with Intel RAID drivers - upgrade problem

1. Win 7.1 to 10 with Intel RAID drivers - upgrade problem - Similar Threads - Intel RAID drivers

2. After upgrading to Win 10 from win 7 Device & driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After upgrading to Win 10 from win 7 Device & driver problem: I am on HP96After upgrade to Win 10 KB button for disabling/enabling wjfi stopped responding ? Any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-upgrading-to-win-10-from-win-7-device-driver/70be9f6b-305b-4504-b6f1-ed0c29369104
  3. Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on RAID 1 environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on RAID 1 environment: i need to install windows 10 in my old windows 7 pc due to win 7 is done in 10 days,,,will installing win 10 delete the raid 1 volume in my pc...or should i delete the raid volume before i install win 10....i really need some help,,i cannot afford another pc yet so i have to...
  4. installing win 10 from win 7,,,technical question about raid 1

installing win 10 from win 7,,,technical question about raid 1: i need to install windows 10 in my old windows 7 pc due to win 7 is done in 10 days,,,will installing win 10 delete the raid 1 volume in my pc...or should i delete the raid volume before i install win 10....i really need some help,,i cannot afford another pc yet so i have to...
  5. upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in RAID 1

upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 in RAID 1: I have a Dell precision T3600 with RAID 1 configuration running Windows 7 Professional that I want to upgrade to Windows 10. My goal is to upgrade without loosing functionality. So, I have some questions. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 in the RAID 1 configuration following a...
  6. Windows reinstall & Win RAID 1

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows reinstall & Win RAID 1: Hello. First time poster to this sub. I have an SSD for a boot drive, and my data locations are on a Windows RAID 1 (made the array during the initial install about 18 months ago). This week I am planning on upgrading to a larger SSD on which I will reinstall Windows. My...
  7. will raid 1 in windows 7 keep working if I upgrade to windows 10?

will raid 1 in windows 7 keep working if I upgrade to windows 10?: Been holding off upgrading as I have heard of many issues with RAID 1 ceasing to work after the upgrade. Wondering if this has been fixed or if anyone is having good experiences doing this? Not interested in opinions on RAID 1 just answers....
  8. Raid 1 problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  9. Raid 1 problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Raid 1 problems: I have two 3TB disks on Raid 1 setup. I also have a folders with DVD movies there. The problem is that my media players crashes after the "Universal" intro when i try to play them. If i test the discs separately it works fine. But on Raid 1, it crashes. Weird thing is that...
  10. Win 7 Win 10 upgrade problem.

Win 7 Win 10 upgrade problem.: When I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 in 2016 everything worked OK but I couldn't type in the search field for Edge or Cortina. I couldn't find a solution online before the back out period expired so I backed out of the update. I have continued using Win 7 since then. I would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 7 boot problems intel raid 0

2. windows 10 from 7 upgrade on raid