Windows 10: Win 7 Account Picture - Where is it?

Discus and support Win 7 Account Picture - Where is it? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Just upgraded to Win 10. How can I get the account icon that I had in Win 7? 41002 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by 10kLakes, Feb 15, 2016.

1. 10kLakes Win User

Win 7 Account Picture - Where is it?

Just upgraded to Win 10. How can I get the account icon that I had in Win 7?

:)

10kLakes, Feb 15, 2016

2. N97 software problems

Is this a Windows 7 issue?

The path has changed with win 7 .

Its now C > USERS > username > MY PICTURES

Probable that the other software is looking for the picture folder where it was before in My Docsfor XP .

jje

jjegan---01, Feb 15, 2016
  3. Anna1951 Win User
    Win 10 where can I store pictures/jpegs on my PC?

Hi

I've recently upgraded from Win 7 to 10. I made an external backup copy of my picture files that were in the directory "\user\Documents\My Pictures" prior to upgrading to 10.

Win 10 has a a different structure and has linked the new "This PC\Pictures" directory to the actual path C:\Users\user\OneDrive\Pictures.

I don't want OneDrive Pictures linked between my Android smartdevices and my PC (I use Dropbox/Google). I've unselected the linking in OneDrive Preferences.

I want MANUALLY to load picture/jpeg files TO my PC, FROM an assortment of devices including older digital cameras with SD cards.

I'd like some ideas where I might store these files on my PC in my user account, ie a Win 10 equivalent to the old "My Pictures" directory, where they're NOT going to be linked/uploaded to any cloud service including OneDrive.

Any ideas appreciated, cheers

Anna1951, Feb 15, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hi @10kLakes
    Welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

What kind of picture was it?

Edwin, Feb 15, 2016
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    Was this one of the system supplied images?
    If so I suspect it was not from an individual file but contained in one of the system files. Most system images are contained in resources within such files. I have no idea which file. Special software would be needed to access it.

LMiller7, Feb 15, 2016
  6. 10kLakes Win User
    The picture was one of many icons shown when one added a new user (Win 7 and earlier). You had the ability to select one of those or also to browse through other files that contained icon images within them. Win 10 only seems to let you take a webcam picture or use a picture in one of your folders.

10kLakes, Feb 15, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    You can use what ever image you wish. Search Google images for anything; 500x500px is best, save it to your Pictures folder and browse to there for it.

Edit:
    You can download W7 User Icons from numerous places on the web, (carefully!)

Win 7 Account Picture - Where is it? [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 7 Account Picture - Where is it? - Similar Threads - Account Picture Where

2. Where are the Pictures folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are the Pictures folders?: I found the Pictures folder for Onedrive, and I just might delete Onedrive, but not the ordinary folder. I need to know where is that ordinary Pictures folder and if there isn't one then what if I delete Onedrive....
  3. Where are the Pictures folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are the Pictures folders?: I found the Pictures folder for Onedrive, and I just might delete Onedrive, but not the ordinary folder. I need to know where is that ordinary Pictures folder and if there isn't one then what if I delete Onedrive....
  4. Where's 'My Pictures'?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where's 'My Pictures'?: Recently had Win 10 installed on what was my Win 7 machine. I can't find 'My Pictures' folder! I had quite a few in there. Can I find that folder now, or enable it again?...
  5. Where are my pictures??

Where are my pictures??: I'm trying to upload my photos to Snapfish to make a calendar, but when I go to upload them, they are not on my computer. How do I get my photos off of Microsoft photos? Plus when I go to the albums I created in Microsoft photos, they just shut down the program when I try to...
  6. where are my pictures?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    where are my pictures?: I've taken my photos With an iPhone Over the years . They are all supposed to magically Go to one place , I guess the Icloud . I find bits and pieces In lots of places but not all of them in one place . Also They are always pre-sorted due too EXIF or something . I'm old...
  7. Where do I find my account picture?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Where do I find my account picture?: Please note that this problem has been solved. I can't figure out how to change the prefix to "Solved" so I am editing the question with this paragraph. Can anyone tell me where Windows puts my account photograph? I'm talking about the one that appears on my Windows login...
  8. where are my pictures?

in Browsers and Email
    where are my pictures?: *Mad It loads this tiny cloud thingy, double click on the message, still no picture, I have to REPLY to be able to see it, that just ain't right! I tried to look on the help screen, nothing there, I cannot even find the setting for how often I would like it to check my mail.,...
  9. MS Picture it 7

MS Picture it 7: I have been running MS Picture it 7 just fine on Windows 10 until a few days ago. The program starts like all is ok but as soon as I try to load a picture It says "Picture It! 7.0 has stopped working." "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will...
  10. Win 7 pictures (JPG, etc.) not readable in Win 10 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 7 pictures (JPG, etc.) not readable in Win 10 ?: All the picture/images I created or downloaded in Windows 7 are unreadable in Windows 10 (or in Windows 8). When I try to open them in Windows 10 or in an image viewer app in Windows 10 I get an "Unknown Format". Does anyone know how I can properly access them in Windows 10...