Windows 10: Win 7 and XP are the biggest losers with Windows 10's rapid growth

Discus and support Win 7 and XP are the biggest losers with Windows 10's rapid growth in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It's 2015! The technology advances are amazing! Why are we being deprived of basic choices as if we're little children that don't know what's good for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Win 7 and XP are the biggest losers with Windows 10's rapid growth

*Thumbs

Over and above that, and as I said before: I have a customized Windows 7 UI and a customized Windows 8.1 UI, I want those customized UIs if I upgrade my machines to Windows 10!

IMHO, upgrades to Windows 10 would accelerate too!

P.S. Business opportunity for third party UI designers.

FrozenCursor, Dec 1, 2015

2. I thought that as well for XP die-hards. They could have visual style personalities for all of the old OS appearances (even bring back classic. Why not? It's still there underneath which has been proven)

However, you may remember "eatup" who was an XP fan, and he would NOT accept such a plan. To him, all of the Component Store/Modularized systems (Vista/7/8/10) compromise on gaming performance and throughput. He won't buy any of the touted security benefit of newer systems either. So he'll stay put on XP.

Oh well.
    *Sad

Jody Thornton, Dec 1, 2015
  3. The word I used before was 'skins'. Microsoft should offer a gallery of 'skins' to choose from, even emulate (not plain copy, of course) Google and Apple 'skins' and get converts not only from previous Windows OSs but also from other camps *Biggrin

FrozenCursor, Dec 1, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Win 7 and XP are the biggest losers with Windows 10's rapid growth

Hi here

Horses are also the biggest losers since the invention of cheap cars.
    Ships are also a lot slower than flying -- so what's new there either.

I'm not sure what your post is meant to say -- an older system will usually always be superceeded by a newer one.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 3, 2015
  5. mrpumpkin Win User
    So PC Master Race is cutting into w7? OEM's are finally being released just before the Holidays. Hmm tablet or crappy OEM laptop, or spend big bucks: surface, ipad, a kazzilion android options.

The OEM's should help out. But I do not personally see movement in the enterprise realm. And the tablet market is fierce. And there, people get comfortable and resist changing to a new OS.

mrpumpkin, Dec 4, 2015
  6. Duplicate post (sorry *Sad )

Jody Thornton, Dec 4, 2015
  7. But what's wrong with following the pace of decline of conventional systems (especially from the standpoint of following business trends). In the audio world, when CDs became established, I followed the trends of declining cassette and LP sales with great interest. Buying habits of cassettes for example didn't show nearly as much rapid decline for the first decade as vinyl.

So perhaps (as an example), someone might want to see if the free upgrade process to Windows 10 kills off the market share of Windows 7 faster than the remaining Windows XP user base. See what I mean? It's a valid observation.

Jody Thornton, Dec 4, 2015
  8. Win 7 and XP are the biggest losers with Windows 10's rapid growth

According to Ed Bott, W7 has taken minimal "damage" to its user base.

From the article comments:

lehnerus2000, Dec 5, 2015
  9. Of course....
    And a lot of Government Agencies are going to be pleased when Windows 10 turns their hard drives raw or keeps rearranging desktops every time you turn the monitor off.

I love the fact that there are bugs that still exist since Windows 7 that are present in Windows 10.
    Yes, businesses are ready to adopt 10 and get rid of what already works.
    I know IT guys in the Government that refuse to leave 7 and go to 8 much less 10. And they are in charge of yea or nay when it comes to adoption of patches, drivers or newer OS's.

Richard Shank, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 7 and XP are the biggest losers with Windows 10's rapid growth

1. Win 7 and XP are the biggest losers with Windows 10's rapid growth - Similar Threads - are biggest losers

2. Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine: I'm up to 3 attempts at installing an XP machine on Hyper V (Windows 10 Pro), and though I can get the machine to run, I cannot find the browser I installed. Using the Hyper V tutorial, I followed carefully the points of unblocking both WindowsXPMode_en-us.exe and Opera's...
  3. Windows 10 version 1903: list of known issues growth, and growth, and growth

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1903: list of known issues growth, and growth, and growth: If you have followed the development of the Windows 10 version 1809 and 1903, you know that both versions were plagued by lots of bugs. Microsoft had to pull version 1809 even shortly after release and spend six weeks fixing issues before it released an updated version again...
  4. Windows 10 sees significant growth as Windows 7 tumbles

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 sees significant growth as Windows 7 tumbles: The latest market share figures show that Windows 10 has seen a significant uptake in users last month. Windows 10 is taking a commanding lead and Windows 7 keeps going down rapidly. In July 2019 market share report, Windows 10 increased its share from 45.79% to 48.86%,...
  5. Upgrade to Win 10 from dual boot win 7 / win xp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Win 10 from dual boot win 7 / win xp: I upgraded from win xp to a dual boot win xp / win 7 by using a win 7 upgrade disk. win 7 is now stable so I don't need win xp any longer and don't need a dual boot system. win 7 is on sata drive c with data also on that sata drive as drive d. win xp is on an old ide drive...
  6. Latest market share report shows Windows 10’s growth

in Windows 10 News
    Latest market share report shows Windows 10’s growth: Microsoft has already confirmed that it will stop supporting the decades-old Windows 7 operating system in January 2020. Microsoft has been putting all its efforts to convince users to upgrade to Windows 10 as it apparently offers a more secure and smooth experience....
  7. Making Win 10 easy for Win XP/Vista/7 users...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Making Win 10 easy for Win XP/Vista/7 users...: Hi Guys, I was on XP for many, many years. Only switched over to Win 8.1 last April. I couldn't get used to the Windows 8.1 'Metro' UI on my desktop PC, so I installed Classic Shell. What a difference! Looked and worked pretty much as my old XP system did. Same deal...
  8. NTFS formatted hard drive reads in XP, not in Win 7 or Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NTFS formatted hard drive reads in XP, not in Win 7 or Win 10: I'm trying to help a friend. Here is his problem: I have a 1T external hard drive full of mp3's. My winxp computer will recognize and play the files. However if I use a win 7 or win 10 computer I get the message that "this drive needs to be formatted. The volume does...
  9. Xp (or 7) PRO compatibility mode in win 10 HOME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xp (or 7) PRO compatibility mode in win 10 HOME: Hi, Is there any way to activate a Windows xp (or 7) "PRO" compatibility mode from within a Windows 10 HOME laptop? (except running a virtual xp pro off course ;-) ) I need it to run Some Siemens software that requires a PRO OS Grts 40730
  10. BSOD on windows 10 and 7 but not on XP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on windows 10 and 7 but not on XP: Hello, so some time ago I got windows 7 64 bit, but it BSODed all the time. So I upgraded to win10 as I thought it may fix it. I can switch between XP and 10 freely on my PC and win10 is BSODing every 5 minutes or so and XP is totally fine. I tried everything on 7 and 10 and...