Windows 10: win 7 pc downloaded win 10 on the 27th - stuck in restart loop

Discus and support win 7 pc downloaded win 10 on the 27th - stuck in restart loop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; after saying my win 7 pc was fully compatible, windows 10 was downloaded july 27th. it said to restart windows to start upgrade. every restart takes me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jaypea500, Jul 30, 2016.

1. jaypea500 Win User

win 7 pc downloaded win 10 on the 27th - stuck in restart loop

after saying my win 7 pc was fully compatible, windows 10 was downloaded july 27th. it said to restart windows to start upgrade. every restart takes me back to win 7 without starting the upgrade. win 10 files are on the pc.

1. how do I start the upgrade using these files, considering the download is no longer available?

2. if I do get the upgrade started, will it still be free, since the upgrade will have occurred after the 29th?

many thanks...

...joe

:)

jaypea500, Jul 30, 2016

2. Your PC ran into a problem and must be restarted

I am working with Win 10 Pro on an HP 32 bit laptop. Win 10 was sent to me thru windows update.
    I was having an issue that required me to run “recovery/fresh install”. I did so and after reboot, the pc is stuck in a loop that reads: “Your PC ran into a problem and must be restarted, we will restart
    for you”. “If you would like to know more you can search online for this error, Inaccessible boot drive”.

Whenever I restart the pc it goes back into this loop, it appears I may need to reinstall from a win 7 Pro software disk that I had bought from Microsoft or download Win 10 ISO onto a flash drive, just to get the pc back to a usable state. If I do
    so with the Win 7 disk or ISO, I do not have a valid key. Can I get you to either revalidate a key or give me a valid key for Win 7 pro?

Richard Brewer

L: _____@____.com

RichBrew73, Jul 30, 2016
  3. Rawdog(2) Win User
    win 10 update restart problem

win 10 stuck in update restart loop.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Rawdog(2), Jul 30, 2016
  4. ICIT2LOL Win User

ICIT2LOL, Jul 30, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    ó
    You cannot use old key to activate now.

cereberus, Jul 30, 2016
  6. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Yes I was assuming that he may get it seeing he tried the upgrade before the cut off date was up and he is listed on their servers.

ICIT2LOL, Jul 30, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    Agreed. Worth a try. Some people are reporting successful activations still.

simrick, Jul 30, 2016
  8. ICIT2LOL Win User

Yep simrick mate probably more than the unsuccessful ones - but I just suggest my method only if someone can afford to do that and especially for those posts we are still getting in the 7 forum re going back to 7 after trying 10 and the process has then gone belly up. I started doing it this way when the upgrade was first offered and I had that much grief it wasn't funny, and the spare drive if everything goes ok is useful for it's and future data and even a spare for whatever*Wink.

ICIT2LOL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. win 7 pc downloaded win 10 on the 27th - stuck in restart loop - Similar Threads - downloaded 27th stuck

2. Win 11 stuck in restart loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 stuck in restart loop: after a windows update my windows 11 stuck in a restart loop. I did all option in WINRE except the reset because I didn't have it, even I changed the 2 folders name SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2, and tried the SFC , chdsk fix boot fix mbr ect and entering safemode with...
  3. Win 11 stuck in restart loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 stuck in restart loop: after a windows update my windows 11 stuck in a restart loop. I did all option in WINRE except the reset because I didn't have it, even I changed the 2 folders name SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2, and tried the SFC , chdsk fix boot fix mbr ect and entering safemode with...
  4. Loop on Win 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loop on Win 7: My old Dell Latitude E4300 laptop has both Win 7 and Win 10 installed. I have been using Win 10 perfectly until today when I inadvertently pressed Win 7 on startup! I have tried everything to get back to Win 10 but to no avail! Please can someone help? Thanks....
  5. Loop on Win 7

Loop on Win 7: My old Dell Latitude E4300 laptop has both Win 7 and Win 10 installed. I have been using Win 10 perfectly until today when I inadvertently pressed Win 7 on startup! I have tried everything to get back to Win 10 but to no avail! Please can someone help? Thanks....
  6. Loop on Win 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Restart loop win 11

Restart loop win 11: New pc stuck in restart loop . can't load bio or safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-loop-win-11/57f79585-1397-466d-a9ca-6d58154e7c13
  8. Win 10 pc stuck in boot loop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 pc stuck in boot loop?: I just built my first pc today and started installing drivers. When I got to installing the motherboard drivers, my pc restarted and won’t stop turning on and off constantly. I can’t even get into the bios. Help would be greatly appreciated! submitted by /u/Butters0705...
  9. upgrade win 7 pc to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade win 7 pc to win 10: hey.this is my desctop pc for my work place.i want to upgrade win 7 to win 10.i use import software about my work place.if i upgrade with windows update assistant my software maybe removed/?//?...
  10. was win 7 upgraded to win 10 but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    was win 7 upgraded to win 10 but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!!: I upgraded win 7 home to win 10... a dell notebook i5 processor 4GB RAM but PC starts OK - shuts downs OK but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!! after blue window icon and before show login screen appears a black screen and PC shows working or downloading - .... after...