Windows 10: Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Upgrade Graphics Problem

Discus and support Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Upgrade Graphics Problem in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have an HP Desktop with genuine Win 7 Pro. An online check of the Win 10 upgradability of the computer comes up with a failure of the onboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by RPMark, May 26, 2016.

1. RPMark Win User

Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Upgrade Graphics Problem

I have an HP Desktop with genuine Win 7 Pro. An online check of the Win 10 upgradability of the computer comes up with a failure of the onboard graphics drivers (ATI Radeon Xpress 1150). The graphics do NOT have updated drivers available. This was the only problem listed.

To alleviate the problem, I installed a new Gigabyte GeForce GT 710 Video Card in a PCIe X 16 slot, and installed the drivers. The new video card works great. I ran a test of the computer's performance, and all came back good with Win Aero at 5.3 (range 1.0 to 7.9) and Graphics Performance at 6.7.

All looked good. I then ran another Win 10 upgrade test, and the report came back again with problems with the ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 drivers, though I am NO LONGER using the onboard graphics.

I am assuming I have to somehow disable the onboard graphics, or remove the drivers, or adjust the registry. I further assume that in order to install Windows 10, I have to pass that test. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I can elaborate at your request.

:)

RPMark, May 26, 2016

2. Error message DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while running Win 10 Pro

Hi,

Since my desktop exceeds qualifications, Win 10 Pro was installed as soon as it was released upgrading the S.O. from the old and non problematic Win 7 Pro. As soon as the Win 10 Pro installation finished, problems began. It stalled several times a day forcing
    to downgrade to Win 7 Pro again within a week. After several months running Win 7 Pro again, it did not update as it used to. After checking the Win Update configuration it was clear Win 7 was not getting updates anymore while the upgrade invite to Win 10
    appeared daily, so I decided to upgrade again to Win 10 Pro expecting for new drivers to solve the problem. But it is still there. The conflicts between the SO and the Graphic Driver continue to be my daily headache even drivers are fully updated.
    Two and up to six times a day I saw the screen freeze and had to reset the machine. It happens when Outlook and/or Chrome are operating. Yesterday I set off the “use the hardware acceleration if available” in Chrome configuration and it seemed to help someway
    since today it froze only twice.

The actual hardware profile is as follows:

Win 10 Pro (replaces Win 7 original product)

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Hz 2.67Hz

4.00 GB (3.50 GB usable)

32 bit OS with x64 processor

Graphic Card NVidia GE force GT 610

4MB Ready Boost Cache

If anyone happened to have the SAME problem and solved it, please share.

Best regards,

Gus

argus47sba, May 26, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Help

Windows upgrade, down grade and then up to 10 again.

Is this possible?

I did the free update. I had problems with my graphic card not working.

I down graded back to my win 7 pro.

Found out is WAS my graphic card and not win 10.

Trying to reinstall Win 10.

Asking me for product key. When I put in product key for Win 7. It says not the right kind of key.

Can you help me with this?

Also.. did I read correctly after a year with win 10 upgrade, I have to pay for it? Isnt it a lifetime edition?

Thank you.

SherryAnnFairchild, May 26, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

There may be a way to reset the compatibilty check. I don't know it.

I suggest using the Media Creation Tool or downloading an .ISO. Either way will bypass Windows Update. See the tutorials here.

Incidentally, I strongly recommend backing up (imaging) you old Windows installation before upgadi g the OS. The odds are good that the upgrade would go OK, but failures happen. That could make a ess that would make recovery difficult. (Feeling lucky?)

bobkn, May 27, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    If not using IGPU, why not disable it in BIOS ?

CountMike, May 27, 2016
  6. Carsomyr Win User
    And if for some reason you can't do that, I'm pretty sure if you remove the drivers for the Radeon iGPU and use the microsoft basic display driver instead it won't trip any errors in the report.

Carsomyr, May 28, 2016
  7. RPMark Win User
    Your ideas did the trick. I finally uninstalled the onboard graphics drivers, then installed Windows 10 from an ISO. Had a heck of a time getting the audio to work after the install, as I wanted to stream it through HDMI to an LCDTV. The Nvidia cards seems to be a challenge re: audio, based on the online reports. Just had to keep messing with the settings until everything came together. Thanks for the input!!

RPMark, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Upgrade Graphics Problem - Similar Threads - Pro Upgrade Graphics

2. Win 7 Pro to Win 10 upgrade questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 Pro to Win 10 upgrade questions: I bought a laptop 5 years ago that came with a Win 10 Pro license which at that time I wasn't ready to upgrade to, so I had the manufacturer downgrade the OS install to Win 7 Pro. I now want to upgrade this older, but still capable laptop to have as a second computer - I...
  3. Win 7 Pro OA upgrade to Win 10

Win 7 Pro OA upgrade to Win 10: Hi, I'm trying to research as to whether my business can upgrade our Win 7 OA business specific client build to a version of Win 10. Is this still possible to do at no cost? We have tested both Win 10 and Linux, both work however more work is required for Linux however...
  4. How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?: Typically I do a fresh version of windows with a new PC build. That being said Win 7 is out of date and I might do the upgrade for security reasons. My concern is around doing the upgrade and having everything land back in exactly the same place its in now. For example I have...
  5. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  6. Upgrade a win 7 pro system to win 10 pro

Upgrade a win 7 pro system to win 10 pro: I want to upgrade a Win 7 pro system to Win 10 pro. I want to do an upgrade and NOT a clean install. My question: Can I use the commercial version (available from computer stores) of win 10 to upgrade the win 7 system and use the license key that I assume comes with...
  7. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...
  8. Win 7 Win 10 upgrade problem.

Win 7 Win 10 upgrade problem.: When I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 in 2016 everything worked OK but I couldn't type in the search field for Edge or Cortina. I couldn't find a solution online before the back out period expired so I backed out of the update. I have continued using Win 7 since then. I would...
  9. was win 7 upgraded to win 10 but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!!

was win 7 upgraded to win 10 but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!!: I upgraded win 7 home to win 10... a dell notebook i5 processor 4GB RAM but PC starts OK - shuts downs OK but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!! after blue window icon and before show login screen appears a black screen and PC shows working or downloading - .... after...
  10. Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: My first PC I upgraded did not upgrade to Pro. So I want to download the media for Pro, and upgrade with it. When I go to the MS site to download, it does not offer me a selection of versions to download. Can anyone suggest where to find the Pro Win 10 download, or a...