Windows 10: Win 7 to Win 10 fail

Discus and support Win 7 to Win 10 fail in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 3 laptops 2 Win 8.1 to Win 10 worked without a problem 1 was ASUS ROG G751 1 HP But my Oldest ASUS N71JQ running Win 7 got the update last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by southerncalm, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Win 7 to Win 10 fail

I have 3 laptops
    2 Win 8.1 to Win 10 worked without a problem
    1 was ASUS ROG G751
    1 HP

But my Oldest ASUS N71JQ running Win 7 got the update last
    ran through installing it (seemed like it was going fine)
    did the normal reboots etc while i was away
    came back to check on it after i though it was done
    wont work

when powering on an initial splash screen of a small win 10 icon in center
    with the little circle of circles below it runs
    then the screen blanks
    the HD light flickers at irregular rates as it would doing real work (not a typical hang up type flicker)

but so far nothing beyond this

looked online at how to start in safe mode
    but i cant get that far
    tried making a boot disc on one of the others for Win 10 64bit (all of mine are 64)
    but NOW when trying to boot from disc it says dont recognize the disc
    insert a disc

really stinks to have no real or easy way to check or turn back now on that laptop

any suggestions would really be appreciated

thanks

:)

southerncalm, Aug 11, 2015
  2. 1Anointed Win User

Win 10 upgrade deactivates Win 7 after fail.

PC with Win 7 Ultimate had been upgraded to Win 10 but reverted to Win 7 Ult. Now trying to restore Win 10 by doing upgrade fails and DEACTIVATES Win 7 Ult?

1Anointed, Aug 11, 2015
  3. I get error 80070006 while upgrading from Windows 7 to 10

Original title: Upgrading Win 7 to Win 10

While upgrading my Window 7 to Win 10 upgrading failed with code 80070006.

im trying to install java by oracle but then upgrading still failed...

Nor AzlinaOthman, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Cammulc Win User

Win 7 to Win 10 fail

Maybe try booting into your Windows 7 disk recovery environment and trying a repair. This has rarely worked for me but if you cant even boot it would be worth a shot imo.

Cammulc, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

Win 7 to Win 10 fail

1. Win 7 to Win 10 fail - Similar Threads - fail

2. My computer fails to see an external CD drive after a few days, and I have to revert to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer fails to see an external CD drive after a few days, and I have to revert to...: 1. I have tried 2 CD drives and get the same problem2. This is an external CD drive3. This happens after 2-3 days with or without new programs and updates.4. The CD drive does not show up on the computer at all and running the device search shows nothing.5. The CD drive is...
  3. My computer fails to see an external CD drive after a few days, and I have to revert to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer fails to see an external CD drive after a few days, and I have to revert to...: 1. I have tried 2 CD drives and get the same problem2. This is an external CD drive3. This happens after 2-3 days with or without new programs and updates.4. The CD drive does not show up on the computer at all and running the device search shows nothing.5. The CD drive is...
  4. Disk validation failed. I am trying to boot to UEFI but MBR2GPT is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk validation failed. I am trying to boot to UEFI but MBR2GPT is not working.: Here is a picture of the promptI just can not find a way to figure this out.I have to disks: 1 HDD and 1 SSD where my OS is installed.Someone said that I might have to remove my HDD to get this to work, but some other guy said I don't need to remove it because I have only 2...
  5. Disk validation failed. I am trying to boot to UEFI but MBR2GPT is not working.

Disk validation failed. I am trying to boot to UEFI but MBR2GPT is not working.: Here is a picture of the promptI just can not find a way to figure this out.I have to disks: 1 HDD and 1 SSD where my OS is installed.Someone said that I might have to remove my HDD to get this to work, but some other guy said I don't need to remove it because I have only 2...
  6. Disk validation failed. I am trying to boot to UEFI but MBR2GPT is not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 Update KB123456 Fails to Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update KB123456 Fails to Install: Hello Community, I've been trying to install the latest Windows 10 update, KB123456, but it keeps failing during the installation process. Every time I attempt to install it, I receive an error message, and the update rolls back. I've tried running the Windows Update...
  8. Windows 10 Update KB123456 Fails to Install

Windows 10 Update KB123456 Fails to Install: Hello Community, I've been trying to install the latest Windows 10 update, KB123456, but it keeps failing during the installation process. Every time I attempt to install it, I receive an error message, and the update rolls back. I've tried running the Windows Update...
  9. Windows 10 Update KB123456 Fails to Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed. ASUS Touchpad

This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed. ASUS Touchpad: I can not reactivate my touchpad.FA706IH is the model no.Things I Have tried-Uninstalling and reinstalling driver-Updating Driver-Disabling and Reenabling driver-Updating Windows-Resetting BIOSPlease help.Thanks....