Windows 10: Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade fails after features & drivers

Discus and support Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade fails after features & drivers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10. I get the Win 10 download and the notification saying you are ready to upgrade. I accept and proceed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thewebman3000, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade fails after features & drivers

Hi,

Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10.

I get the Win 10 download and the notification saying you are ready to upgrade. I accept and proceed to upgrade.
    The PC check says, my pc which is a Dell XPS L502X (probably 2012 - dont remember the year) is ready and will have no problems.

The upgrade starts; goes through reboots, copies the files; reboots; installs features and drivers (the next step is the configuration); reboots and then presents me with BSOD with the error "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". No other information in brackets. It reboots, attempts to recover installation, reboots again, presents the same BSOD again, reboots again and restores my Win 7.

I thought it might have been with NVIDIA or RealTrk drivers - I uninstalled them and replaced with standard vga and audio drivers; but no luck - same process & error.

The original Dell had a 1TB hard drive. I had cloned it to a 500GB SSD about an year ago and replaced the non-ssd drive with the SSD drive.

Can anyone help? Any ideas?

Thanks so much.

Mike

:)

thewebman3000, Jul 30, 2015

2. Install Win 10 Upgrade Direct from Win 7 Pro - Do Not 1st Clean Install Win 10 ISO - If You Want Free Activation

Upgrade Win 10 install fails after 100% MSFT download of Win 10.

Own legal Win 7 Pro license. The other day, force downloaded then made clean install of Win 10 on separate drive to have a dual boot system. Realized to activate Win 10, I need to upgrade to Win 10 direct from Win 7 first, before making a Win 10 clean install.
    Wiped clean install.

Now, when trying the direct upgrade route, Win 10 Upgrade install repeatedly fails after 100% Win 10 MSFT download.

0. Made system image of Win 7 pro. Made sure all files were backed up to other drives.

1. Forced Win 10 download
    wuauclt.exe /updatenow

2. Created a bootable ISO file using ESD Image for
    Windows 10

3. Installed Win 10 on separate drive from Win 7 pro

4. Discovered direct upgrade is necessary to let MSFT cloud know Win 10 is legal!!!!

5. Tried downloading Win 10 - download fails repeatedly

6. Tried to install Win 10 by iso upgrade - says it can't be done

7. MSFT Win 10 scheduled upgrade - download "fails" after 100% download

Rock Blues Guitar, Jul 30, 2015
  3. upgrade to Win 10 pro failed

Hi,

During the upgrade from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro, the installation stopped after the first boot.

It was when features and drivers was installing. The installation at that moment was at 32% (the big circle).

The error message occurred after that was following:

0xC1900101 -0x30018 The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSREP operation

Anyone have idea how to fix the problem?

thanks

Vlado

VladimirNeykov, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade fails after features & drivers

1. Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade fails after features & drivers - Similar Threads - Upgrade fails features

2. After upgrading to Win 10 from win 7 Device & driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After upgrading to Win 10 from win 7 Device & driver problem: I am on HP96After upgrade to Win 10 KB button for disabling/enabling wjfi stopped responding ? Any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-upgrading-to-win-10-from-win-7-device-driver/70be9f6b-305b-4504-b6f1-ed0c29369104
  3. Win 7 to win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to win 10 upgrade: This issue was posted 2 yrs ago and no solution was found then. It still has the same problem today on my Toshiba L775 laptop:Error: 0x8007001F - 0x20006 the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with error during REPLICATE_OC operation while upgrading to Windows 10 from...
  4. win 7 to win 10 upgrade fails

win 7 to win 10 upgrade fails: I purchased the update from microsoft to upgrade my OS to win 10. After downloading the $139.00 software I trid to load it. It fails every time. I also ran process to clean windows update cache files and t tried again, and it still fails. How can I exchange the...
  5. Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails

Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails: I have tried upgrading my system from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. I downloaded the upgrade from this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 The upgrade gets approximately 90 to 95 percent installed, and errors out. Now every time I get the...
  6. Win 7 upgrade to Win 10

Win 7 upgrade to Win 10: I currently have windows 7 and just found out I was to get a free upgrade to Window 10. How do I acquire it please? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-upgrade-to-win-10/660e7921-eca1-4cde-be15-203ea0536f50
  7. upgrade Win 7 to Win 10 Fails (5 attempts)

upgrade Win 7 to Win 10 Fails (5 attempts): Hi, I am wanting to upgrade my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10. However the installation has crashed out 5 times and reverted to my Win 7 first i got the 0xC1900101-0x30018 error during SYSPREP - I seem to have resolved this by bringing all my drivers (including hidden...
  8. Upgrade Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 fails.

Upgrade Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 fails.: It is Windows Home Premium 32 bit. The HDD has 285 GB free. I'm trying to upgrade online with the Media Creator. It gets all the way through and installs Win 10, then reboots and starts "Working on Updates" At 7% it reboots and goes back to Win 7. 111708
  9. Win 7 to Win 10 fail

Win 7 to Win 10 fail: I have 3 laptops 2 Win 8.1 to Win 10 worked without a problem 1 was ASUS ROG G751 1 HP But my Oldest ASUS N71JQ running Win 7 got the update last ran through installing it (seemed like it was going fine) did the normal reboots etc while i was away came back to check...
  10. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10: My Gateway laptop has Win7 Sp1 64bit installed. I've tried 5 different times to upgrade to 10. Using the 64bit creative tool the download goes great, completes and the install starts, then says "failed in first boot phase with an error during SYSPREP operation." Also shows...