Windows 10: Win 7 Ultimate x64 Desktop to Win 10

Discus and support Win 7 Ultimate x64 Desktop to Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings: Before all, I am autistic with ADHD, and with a few questions. So, I received the Win 10 Pro N, but before continuing, I made a Ghost of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Xogroroth, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Xogroroth Win User

Win 7 Ultimate x64 Desktop to Win 10

Greetings:
    Before all, I am autistic with ADHD, and with a few questions.

So, I received the Win 10 Pro N, but before continuing, I made a Ghost of my current system.
    I figured, since this be a new era, to get me a clean install of W10Pro.
    Put the ISO to disk, reboot, setup, fill in key, continue, all is going well, then finally: the desktop.
    The very first thing I did was turn of my machine, put the diskmanager cd in the CD drive and format the bloody drive.
    GOD How I hate that Metro'ish thing, it yells at you, it clutters where-ever you look, bah, I despice it.
    My W7U had a clean nice desktop, no clutter, no icons, CLEAN, my taskbar was set up so I had Administrator Tools and Control Panel as menu on it, all PERFECTLY set for my person.

I had W8U, I killed it the moment I saw the desktop, or rather, the lack of it.
    Metro kept creeping up.
    And my taskbar... well, it wasn't there at all.

Bought W8.1, killed it the moment I saw, again, Metro and was unable to add Administrator Tools/Control Panel as menu to my bar, as is on W7U.
    2 operating systems bought, unusable.

And thus I am back at my old, trusted W7U.

Now, I was thinking: if I, instead of making a clean install, would upgrade my current system, will that PoS Metro'ish thing overrule my taskbar setting and desktop?
    If so, can I revert to my old desktop, but still run W10Pro?
    If yes, how do I do this?
    If no, why on Earth has this option not been implemented?
    If no, is there a way to suggest such option?

Thank you beforehand:
    Xog.

:)

Xogroroth, Jul 29, 2015
  2. JascuAlex Win User

Question about upgrading! HELP!

Hello.

So my current OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1.

If I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro x32 (32 bit), will my apps and stuff work even though I upgraded from x64 win 7 to x32 win 10?

Thanks.

JascuAlex, Jul 29, 2015
  3. CSM_89 Win User
    Message/Call information not shown in Win 7 Enterprise for Lumia 920

I have Nokia Lumia 920. I use it in two different machine, One running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and another running Windows 7 Enterprise x64.

When the phone is connected to Win 7 Ultimate, it shows Missed calls, Text message, battery life etc. in the Aero Peek preview, as well as in Devices and Printers.

But in Win 7 Enterprise nothing is shown.

Is this a limitation in the Win 7 Edition or is it a driver missmatch ?

CSM_89, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Win 7 Ultimate x64 Desktop to Win 10

1. Win 7 Ultimate x64 Desktop to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Ultimate x64 Desktop

2. Win 7 ultimate upgrade to Win 10 home issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 7 ultimate upgrade to Win 10 home issues: Trying to upgrade a PC with Win 7 ultimate installed to Win 10 home purchased from MS. However after downloading the home s/w it keeps trying to install Win 10 pro. Any ideas?...
  3. Win 7 ultimate upgrade to Win 10 home issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 7 ultimate upgrade to Win 10 home issues: Trying to upgrade a PC with Win 7 ultimate installed to Win 10 home purchased from MS. However after downloading the home s/w it keeps trying to install Win 10 pro. Any ideas?...
  4. Win 7 ultimate upgrade to Win 10 home issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 7 to Win 10

Win 7 to Win 10: I have the Windows 7 home edition. by the time I changed it to Win 10 and then due a virus I formatted my disks. Right now, I want to activate the win 10 new installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-to-win-10/d8f511b9-2035-4fc5-aa6b-b48dfce47dcc
  6. Win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 7 to win 10: Can i transfer old computer win 7 to new win 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-to-win-10/ea48f987-32d1-4b38-9a63-726bfffde42b"
  7. win 7 ultimate to win 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 7 ultimate to win 10 home: I bought a product key for win 10 home. Upgrading win 10 ultimate only offers win 10 pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-ultimate-to-win-10-home/7f60e015-276d-4c68-8650-d7d411138a0c"
  8. win 10 x64

win 10 x64: i have upgraded win 8.1 to win 10 and after upgrade i found out that i have this now a 32 bit operating system 64 based processor thank you Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-x64/20acbf93-d97c-4ec9-8753-67cb6c343fcc
  9. upgrade from Win 10 to Win 10 pro using win 7 ultimate key?

upgrade from Win 10 to Win 10 pro using win 7 ultimate key?: Hello, I have a computer running windows 10 with digital entitlement from Windows 7 home. I want to upgrade this computer to Windows 10 pro using a Windows 7 Ultimate key that I bought several years ago. It is my understanding that this should be possible with the November...
  10. win 7 to win 10

win 7 to win 10: hello,im having the icon down the task bar for reserve my win 10,i did it in advance,but what benefits i get?is it a full version or a trial?do i get updates?do i have to install it on win 7 just an upgrade?can i reverse to win 7?do i have any setup for further use? hope...