Windows 10: Win 7/Win 10 new system build

Discus and support Win 7/Win 10 new system build in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Had retail win 7 pro installed on two existing systems. Upgraded both systems to free Win 10. Planning on building new system. If I install win 7,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zalophus, Aug 17, 2016.

1. zalophus Win User

Win 7/Win 10 new system build

Had retail win 7 pro installed on two existing systems. Upgraded both systems to free Win 10.
    Planning on building new system. If I install win 7, will I be eligible for free Win10 upgrade?

:)

zalophus, Aug 17, 2016

2. Homegroup problems in Windows 10

Windows 10 Home Build 10240. Updated from Win 7. Entered Homegroup password and system set up Homegroup. My 3 other Win 7 systems can see/access/modify the Win 10 system drives with no problem. The Win 10 system cannot access or see the drives on the
    Win 7 systems. All these systems are on a wired network.

webberhall, Aug 17, 2016
  3. [G70115] Win User
    Updating Win 7 Pro to Win 10 using Build 10586 Question

I have updated my win 7 Pro to Win 10 using the Build 10586 a while ago, and then I ask my system to go back to my Win 7 Pro.

I was told that this will allow be to update back to Win 10 for free again.

Now, time as come for me to update to Win 10 Pro.

I was thinking of re-installing my original Win 7 Pro with a totally clean install. Will this kill my change of updating back to Win 10 Pro using my Build 10586????

The reason, I have a problem with my version of Win 7 Pro and I need to re-install it because the old version I have must have an issue where it reboots and restart only after shutting it down for a night.

Or do you think if I re-install my Win 10 Build 10586, that should be the same as a totally new install???

I would appreciate any suggestion you can provide!!!!!

Thank You,

G

[G70115], Aug 17, 2016
  4. Trust_No1 Win User

My understanding is, if you change your motherboard out, the answer is no, apparently that is what is checked for reinstalling the free versions. At least that is what I was told.

Trust_No1, Aug 17, 2016
  5. zalophus Win User
    FYI Not switching MB from existing system. Building new (3rd) System with new components. I suspect your answer is still correct, but just in case...

zalophus, Aug 17, 2016
  6. The free upgrade offer ended on the 29th of July, officially anyway. Unofficially, it looks like free upgrades are still being given Digital Licenses. I wouldn't count on that extension to last very long though.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 7/Win 10 new system build - Similar Threads - system build

2. OS Build 10.0.22631.2338 System type NUC11PAHi7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OS Build 10.0.22631.2338 System type NUC11PAHi7: I had bought NUC11PAHi7 from Amazon with Windows 11 Pro preinstalled. Used it for three years and one day the PC will not turn on, no-power. So I took out the M.2 NVME drive and used a usb adapter and plugged it in my Windows 10 Pro laptop, however the M.2 drive now has a...
  3. OS Build 10.0.22631.2338 System type NUC11PAHi7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OS Build 10.0.22631.2338 System type NUC11PAHi7: I had bought NUC11PAHi7 from Amazon with Windows 11 Pro preinstalled. Used it for three years and one day the PC will not turn on, no-power. So I took out the M.2 NVME drive and used a usb adapter and plugged it in my Windows 10 Pro laptop, however the M.2 drive now has a...
  4. Fed up. Evey time I do a build you change the operating system and it cost me money....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fed up. Evey time I do a build you change the operating system and it cost me money....: Fed up. Evey time I do a build you change the operating system and it cost me money. Supported you for years but no more. Going out and getting 3 new apple computers....
  5. Fed up. Evey time I do a build you change the operating system and it cost me money....

Fed up. Evey time I do a build you change the operating system and it cost me money....: Fed up. Evey time I do a build you change the operating system and it cost me money. Supported you for years but no more. Going out and getting 3 new apple computers....
  6. Frequent Hang of Windows 11 System After Installing October 26, 2023—KB5031455 OS Build...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent Hang of Windows 11 System After Installing October 26, 2023—KB5031455 OS Build...: Hi All,My Dell Desktop running Windows 11, became unstable after the installation of the patch: October 26, 2023—KB5031455 OS Build 22621.2506 Preview.The only way to Restart is to Power Off the System completely and do a Cold Restart Again.Is this a known issue and or there...
  7. Frequent Hang of Windows 11 System After Installing October 26, 2023—KB5031455 OS Build...

Frequent Hang of Windows 11 System After Installing October 26, 2023—KB5031455 OS Build...: Hi All,My Dell Desktop running Windows 11, became unstable after the installation of the patch: October 26, 2023—KB5031455 OS Build 22621.2506 Preview.The only way to Restart is to Power Off the System completely and do a Cold Restart Again.Is this a known issue and or there...
  8. Unavailable Earth Moon Solar System ISS Road Highway All Category Building Places

Unavailable Earth Moon Solar System ISS Road Highway All Category Building Places: Utfhidukfid7ufrduuiiutfsfd6urkrhifdr https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unavailable-earth-moon-solar-system-iss-road/1dc98ed1-e53b-4be5-9443-d8cbc56c9fff
  9. Neither Windows 10 nor 11 work on new build. System crashes or freezes after taking updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Neither Windows 10 nor 11 work on new build. System crashes or freezes after taking updates.: I just finished. Uildinf anew pc. I initially installed windows 11 but the co.puter kept freezing even before I could install updates. It would be a screen freez on the desktop or even on the windows login screen, this would require a hard power cycle since even ctrl,alt, del...
  10. Neither Windows 10 nor 11 work on new build. System crashes or freezes after taking updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Neither Windows 10 nor 11 work on new build. System crashes or freezes after taking updates.: I just finished. Uildinf anew pc. I initially installed windows 11 but the co.puter kept freezing even before I could install updates. It would be a screen freez on the desktop or even on the windows login screen, this would require a hard power cycle since even ctrl,alt, del...