Windows 10: Win 7 Win 10 upgrade problem.

Discus and support Win 7 Win 10 upgrade problem. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 in 2016 everything worked OK but I couldn't type in the search field for Edge or Cortina. I couldn't find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gulleenda., Jul 31, 2018.

1. Win 7 Win 10 upgrade problem.

When I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 in 2016 everything worked OK but I couldn't type in the search field for Edge or Cortina. I couldn't find a solution online before the back out period expired so I backed out of the update. I have continued using Win 7 since then. I would like to know if anyone else has reported that problem since then. I assume I could still go back to Win 10 if there is a fix for that problem. If not then could I buy Win8/8.1 and upgrade from Win 7? I don't want to lose security support in 2020.

:)

Gulleenda., Jul 31, 2018
  2. Jererermy Win User

Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 Puzzle

Ok, so here is my problem.

I currently have my 1.5 TB hdd partitioned in half. The first half is blank, and the second half has Windows 7 installed and activated. Unfortunately, I learned that I cannot combine the 2 partitions back together to diminish the partition split and maximize
    my hdd space like intended because I am only able to increase the first partition or shrink the 2nd.

So my problem is that I would like to upgrade from my Windows 7 to Windows 10 (which I am fairly confident in how to do it) but I need to use the free upgrade available to me to install Windows 10 to the 1st partition and not the 2nd one.

I created a USB bootable Windows 10 using the Windows 10 setup tool, but it gives me the following warning:

• If you are going to install Win 10 on your PC clean for the first time, you'll need a Win 10 product key.
    • If you are going to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10, you won't need to enter a product key.
    The problem is that I need to sort of do both. I want to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10 but on the 1st partition instead of the 2nd one that currently has Windows 7.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions for me?!

Jererermy, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Win 7 and NVidia overclocking?

Just curious how you Win 7 users are overclocking your NVidia cards. Riva Tuner won't work. Any suggestions?

johnnyfiive, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Win 7 Win 10 upgrade problem.

DOWNGRADE TO WIN 7 ULTIMATE and UPGRADE TO WIN 10 PRO

I refer to the following Microsoft Community Team’s query:

“……Remember that question you asked on
    Microsoft Community
    a few days ago?

Title:
    DOWNGRADE TO WIN 7 ULTIMATE and UPGRADE TO WIN 10 PRO

We noticed that the question hasn't been marked as Answered yet and we were wondering if you resolved the issue.

The issue “DOWNGRADE TO WIN 7 ULTIMATE and UPGRADE TO WIN 10 PRO” is unanswered. The suggestion to refer to the link

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications
    does not answer my query as well. I knew the prerequisites of upgrading to Win 10 from either Win 7 Ultimate or Win 8.1 Home as I have read the min. requirements/machine
    specifications to upgrade directly either from the aforesaid OSes beforehand. The issue is whether from Win 8.1 Home downgrade to Win 7 Ultimate and from thereafter upgrade to Win 10 Pro possible without technicality issues. Nevertheless, since I cannot wait
    for either a reply to the abovementioned issue (or my reservation to upgrade from Win 8.1 Home), I then gathered/downloaded bits and pieces of probable drivers for my machine, formatted my HDD (1TB) for more than 18 hours, clean install Win 7 Ultimate SP1,
    activated using my previously purchased license and ran Windows afterwards, ran updates until repetitive error (around 25 KB updates failed to install many times) popped up during tiresome cyclic updates process. Fed-up with the errors after failed tries to
    source answers from Microsoft Community, I tried my luck by upgrading to Win 10 Pro. After couple of days, viola, I have upgraded to Win 10 Pro finally, whew! Now I am running this machine with Win 10 Pro for a couple of days now, being up to date and running
    very well. Hopefully no problem/s will arise.

Thank to those suggestions though.

TheGragasins, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Win 7 Win 10 upgrade problem.

1. Win 7 Win 10 upgrade problem. - Similar Threads - upgrade problem

2. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  3. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  4. Problem upgrading Windows 10 Enterprise LSTC build 1809 to Windows 11 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem upgrading Windows 10 Enterprise LSTC build 1809 to Windows 11 Enterprise: HiOne of my friends ran into a problem when she tried to upgrade her Windows 10 Enterprise LSTC build 1809 to Windows 11 EnterpriseAccording to the upgrading tool her CPU, memory and disk space were all ok, but...Her regarding her operating system for the upgrade to windows...
  5. Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10: I bought a new HP PC that came with windows 10. I received a notification that I can upgrade to windows 11 for free, which I did. I have continued to stay updated since then and my PC now runs on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2.I keep getting this error: We can't activate Windows...
  6. Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10

Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10: I bought a new HP PC that came with windows 10. I received a notification that I can upgrade to windows 11 for free, which I did. I have continued to stay updated since then and my PC now runs on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2.I keep getting this error: We can't activate Windows...
  7. We have two Windows PCs and one upgraded to Windows 11 no problem, but the other cannot be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We have two Windows PCs and one upgraded to Windows 11 no problem, but the other cannot be...: We have two Windows-based PCs.Both are only running Windows security no Kaspersky, etc..Both are running the same applications.They were both on Windows 10.We agreed to the free upgrade on both.One of them upgraded to Windows 11 without any trouble.The other refuses to be...
  8. We have two Windows PCs and one upgraded to Windows 11 no problem, but the other cannot be...

We have two Windows PCs and one upgraded to Windows 11 no problem, but the other cannot be...: We have two Windows-based PCs.Both are only running Windows security no Kaspersky, etc..Both are running the same applications.They were both on Windows 10.We agreed to the free upgrade on both.One of them upgraded to Windows 11 without any trouble.The other refuses to be...
  9. Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem: im currently helping a client who just bought a bnib HP Laptop that came bundle with Win 11 HSL & Office 2021 Home Student its still hasnt been setup yet and they were asking to upgrade it into Win 11 Pro using OEM license they already bought the license from internet and...
  10. Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem

Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem: im currently helping a client who just bought a bnib HP Laptop that came bundle with Win 11 HSL & Office 2021 Home Student its still hasnt been setup yet and they were asking to upgrade it into Win 11 Pro using OEM license they already bought the license from internet and...