Windows 10: Win+D causes all desktop icons to flash

Discus and support Win+D causes all desktop icons to flash in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've recently upgraded from Windows 7 and there's a minor annoyance of desktop icons flashing / blinking whenever I press Windows+D (and I use this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bybauskis, Sep 30, 2015.

1. bybauskis Win User

Win+D causes all desktop icons to flash

I've recently upgraded from Windows 7 and there's a minor annoyance of desktop icons flashing / blinking whenever I press Windows+D (and I use this shortcut a lot). Looks the same as if pressing F5 or right click -> Refresh.

It seems this issue goes away if I fiddle with Task View or virtual desktops, but then comes back after restarting.

Any ideas?

:)

bybauskis, Sep 30, 2015
  2. dpepper73 Win User

Why do my quick launch icons flash when I click on the Chrome quick launch icon? Win 10

Before I start the Troubleshooting, I just wanted to tell you that the Google quick launch icon is the only quick launch icon that causes the other icons to flash. As far as desktop icons go, the Google Chrome desktop icon is the only one that makes that
    quick launch icons flash. Sometimes both Google Chrome icons will cause some, or all, of my desktop icons to flash.

I'll try the Troubleshooting method as soon as I get the chance.

Thanks.

dpepper73, Sep 30, 2015
  3. MuNi3131 Win User
    Windows 10: How do I get to my desktop?

Win + D has long time been a shortcut to get to the desktop on Laptops & desktop PCs: i.e. press and hold the Windows key and tap D. This minimises all the open windows.

However, I prefer an icon to click on because that is what I have been doing for years, but Windows 10 does not have one, so I made my own. I found this on the Internet. It needs very little technical knowledge, and it's fun (maybe):

Get to the desktop using WIN+D (lol). Right click the desktop and create a shortcut.

It will ask for a target; enter this:

%windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{3080F90D-D7AD-11D9-BD98-0000947B0257}

I called it WIN+D

When that is done you can right click into its properties and change the icon to something more suitable from the available icons, or your own if you want to go to the trouble of making one.

Then right click it again and pin to taskbar.

Keep the original shortcut somewhere, such as on the desktop.

MuNi3131, Sep 30, 2015
Thema:

Win+D causes all desktop icons to flash

1. Win+D causes all desktop icons to flash - Similar Threads - Win+D causes desktop

2. pdf files on desktop or in open Explorer windows cause Windows icons to flash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pdf files on desktop or in open Explorer windows cause Windows icons to flash: This is a repeat problem: When there is a .pdf file on my desktop or in an open Windows Explorer window, any visible icons flash i.e. in the folder, taskbar, etc.. In addition, CPU and power usage byWindows Explorer is extremely high. I previously diagnosed this to be...
  3. desktop icons are overlapping D:

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons are overlapping D:: so i was messing around with the text size of my computer to see if anything worked the best for me. then i looked at my desktop where your computer background will be then i saw that there were only to rows, and the first row had most of the programs i had downloaded...
  4. Desktop icons and taskbar flashing/blinking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons and taskbar flashing/blinking: Icons on desktop have become enlarged and they flash periodically along with the taskbar. I'm not able to open the start menu at all. In safe mode it doesn't flash but the warning "The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application..." keeps popping...
  5. Flashing Thumbnails and Desktop Icons 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flashing Thumbnails and Desktop Icons 2019: I have this problem when I navigate with Windows Explorer into certain Folders. Desktop Icons flash between outline and picture. File Thumbnails flash between outlines and Thumbnails. Green bar never finishes. Computer is almost unusable and Windows Explorer has to be...
  6. Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons are Flashing, Continously

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons are Flashing, Continously: Hi: I am experiencing blinking/flashing of several icons that are located on my Win10-64 Pro desktop PC's screen, and several icons for programs and for File Manager, that are pinned to within the taskbar. The PC is a DELL XPS 8700 desktop. I think my PC has Windows 10...
  7. Launching battle.net client causes desktop icons to flash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Launching battle.net client causes desktop icons to flash: As the title says when I launch the battle.net client i notice all the icons on my desktop flash for a brief moment. It’s the only thing that causes this (other than new software or app installs). Does anyone else who uses battle net notice this happen? It only happens once...
  8. ctrl+d cause icons on desktop flashing

in Windows 10 Support
    ctrl+d cause icons on desktop flashing: Hello, when i am on desktop and press ctrl+d icons flashes, or i would descibed it like dissaper and reaper quickly. Cant find fix. Please help me with this annoynce ffs! 114017
  9. icons flashing when using win+d...

in Windows 10 Support
    icons flashing when using win+d...: Hey, when i am in chrome and i press win+d icons on my desktop flashes and when i press win+d to go back to chrome i see something weird black screen and than two rectangles one on the left and one on the right part of the screen like normal window, but only outline of these...
  10. Desktop icons occasional flash

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons occasional flash: It's not very often at all but now and then the desktop icons will refresh in a split second, is this normal? I also use fast start/boot. It's very quick, goes through bios and login screen is instant but the icons don't all pop up on my desktop immediately, some of them...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what causes the icons on desktop to flash