Windows 10: Win + D doesn't work

Discus and support Win + D doesn't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Several months ago, the Win + D shortcut stopped working. To the best of my recollection (warning: my memory is not improving with age!) I had made no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smilejack1, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Win + D doesn't work

Several months ago, the Win + D shortcut stopped working. To the best of my recollection (warning: my memory is not improving with age!) I had made no changes to my system immediately prior to its ceasing to work. It just stopped.

I have tried a number of other Win + shortcuts, and they all work fine. I use this shortcut quite often, so any help in repairing it will be greatly appreciated.

:)

smilejack1, Jun 24, 2016
  2. lplp2 Win User

Keyboard shortcut for switching to the virtual desktop on the right doesn't work

When creating a new desktop (WIN-CTRL-D), I can switch to the left desktop using WIN-CTRL-Left, but I cannot switch back to the right desktop using WIN-CTRL-Right.

It looks like the WIN-CTRL-Right keyboard shortcut doesn't work...

lplp2, Jun 24, 2016
  3. Linda Ko Win User
    Missing hard drive on Windows 10 upgrade

Greg,

I found Dell's diagnostic software, downloaded it, and it doesn't work on Win 10. A google search suggests they're not fixing it. I also found they haven't, and don't intend to, test the XPS 8500 for Win 10 compatibility (and it's only 3+ years old). That
    said, my hardware and software seem to work, except for the D drive issue. My Word 2010 could not create a work file. I checked everywhere for a reference to the D drive, everything configurable points to C. I'll open it up over the weekend. First test will
    be to unplug D, to see if it clears any references to D.

When I saw Dell hadn't tested the system for Win 10, I tried out most of my software and hardware and it seems to work. It appears they did a good job of checking my system before allowing the update.

Now, horror on horrors, I see Microsoft will automatically delete my Win 7 software a month after I installed Win 10. Why do they feel the need to tell me when I will feel comfortable enough to delete my back-out capability? Is there a way to shut off this
    automatic delete?

I will open the PC on the weekend, and see what the disk looks like, as I will need to buy a replacement. The bad news is if I can't get the second drive working and Microsoft deletes my Win 7 software, this machine is junk. That doesn't work for me.

What a dilemma, to back out or not. . . .

Linda Ko, Jun 24, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Win + D doesn't work

Brink, Jun 24, 2016
  5. I checked just now, and unfortunately, I wasn't in tablet mode, but thanks for trying.

smilejack1, Jun 24, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Check for any programs running in the background that may have redefined it. Someone mentioned Google drive in the past.
    Does it work in Safe Mode?

dalchina, Jun 24, 2016
  7. There is nothing in the background, as far as I can tell, that may have redefined it. Does not work in Safe Mode.

smilejack1, Jun 24, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Win + D doesn't work

Ok, here's an idea... but note, changing language in Win 10 fully (e.g. US to UK English) requires several steps and can result in problems which require time to solve.
    How to reset the hotkeys and shortcuts in windows 8 - Super User

But maybe doing just enough to restore hotkeys may not be problematic.. if it works. (Never had to do it).

If you don't use disk imaging, start now, e.g. Macrium Reflect free + its boot medium + external storage, then you can get back to where you are now. Equally, using disk imaging means when you encounter a difficult to solve issue, you can restore an image prior to the problem occurring, assuming you have one.

dalchina, Jun 24, 2016
  9. I tried the Super User fix. It didn't work.

smilejack1, Aug 8, 2016
  10. Ethelwulf Win User
    What Kind of keyboard do you have ??

if You have downloaded any Programs with the keyboard that will do it

Had a simpler Problem with mine to

Ethelwulf, Aug 8, 2016
  11. The keyboard is a Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600. I'm not sure what types of keyboard programs you mean, but I don't believe I have anything keyboard-related installed.

I just noticed something new. Based on advice from another forum, I created a 2nd user account to see if Win + D worked in it, and it did. If anyone can tell me how to move all my settings and files to the new account, that would solve the problem, I think.

smilejack1, Aug 8, 2016
  12. Ethelwulf Win User
    Thats good to hear

Look in Tutorials
    good Luck

Ethelwulf, Aug 8, 2016
  13. Win + D doesn't work

Nice question. Solved the problem for me. I have a Corsair K70 RGB, with this Windows button lock button. It was turned on, to prevent Start menu breaks when in-game. Never used it, so I didn't think of it until you asked that question.

Thanks!

Added comment, as this was an early hit on google on this issue.

BlueWilson, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win + D doesn't work

1. Win + D doesn't work - Similar Threads - doesn't

2. Account Verification Text Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Verification Text Doesn't Work: I'm trying to add an email alias to my Outlook.com account. It requires account verification and although it shows the correct text number, I'm not receiving texts to verify. I got locked out of my account for 30 days a few months ago after cloning my HD and I don't want to...
  3. Account Verification Text Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Verification Text Doesn't Work: I'm trying to add an email alias to my Outlook.com account. It requires account verification and although it shows the correct text number, I'm not receiving texts to verify. I got locked out of my account for 30 days a few months ago after cloning my HD and I don't want to...
  4. Account Verification Text Doesn't Work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 11 Home, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock screen.: When I try to open the computer I was supposed to enter the password, but instead the login appeared, and when I pressed it for a few seconds, the word “Welcome” appears and disappears.And it remains on the lock screen Please I need your help Please I need your help. I tried...
  6. Windows 11 Home, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock screen.

Windows 11 Home, Sign in click doesn't show sign in options just shows lock screen.: When I try to open the computer I was supposed to enter the password, but instead the login appeared, and when I pressed it for a few seconds, the word “Welcome” appears and disappears.And it remains on the lock screen Please I need your help Please I need your help. I tried...
  7. Visual Studio WinFroms doesn't load a page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio WinFroms doesn't load a page: I can't design my app on Visual Studio and I have an old edge Can't reach this pageI'm not using HTML I'm not enabled Internet Explorer 11 from optional features...
  8. Visual Studio WinFroms doesn't load a page

Visual Studio WinFroms doesn't load a page: I can't design my app on Visual Studio and I have an old edge Can't reach this pageI'm not using HTML I'm not enabled Internet Explorer 11 from optional features...
  9. Windows 10 Search Bar doesn't find installed apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Search Bar doesn't find installed apps: I have Windows 10 Pro x64 on my desktop and I recently downloaded a couple applications that I have installed. When I tap on the windows key it brings up recently installed apps and I can find it there, however, when I search up the app "Razer Synapse" nothing appears. I've...
  10. Windows 10 Search Bar doesn't find installed apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Bar doesn't find installed apps: I have Windows 10 Pro x64 on my desktop and I recently downloaded a couple applications that I have installed. When I tap on the windows key it brings up recently installed apps and I can find it there, however, when I search up the app "Razer Synapse" nothing appears. I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win d doesnt work on windows 10