Windows 10: Win Defender forgot it scanned PC a day ago.

Discus and support Win Defender forgot it scanned PC a day ago. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ran a "Full Scan" on the PC Saturday. Sunday morning when I turned on the PC, Windows defender was in a red alert status stating that the PC had not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Manigue, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Manigue Win User

Win Defender forgot it scanned PC a day ago.

Ran a "Full Scan" on the PC Saturday. Sunday morning when I turned on the PC, Windows defender was in a red alert status stating that the PC had not been scanned in the past 30 days. Had to perform a "Quick Scan" to clear the red status alert.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so; any suggestions on how to avoid this from happening again?

:)

Manigue, Nov 2, 2015

2. Message that Windows Defender needs to scan when it was done less than 4 hours ago

I have loaded Win 10 about 2 weeks ago. All was working well until recently I have started getting messages that windows defender needs to scan my computer since it has not been scanned recently. However on Defender's home screen with all the orange warning
    colors it says that my last scan was less than 4 hours ago!!! Which do I believe? There is no place to adjust the schedule of the Defenders scan only. It supposedly is thrown in with every other automatic operation. Back to my original question. Did Defender
    scan my computer 4 hours ago or am I "Potentially Unprotected"?

[Original title: Win 10 Windows Defender]

DavidWoodside, Nov 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 defender keeps wanting to scan.

Windows Defender keeps saying it needs to scan and my PC hasn't been scanned in awhile, but when I open it, it shows It scanned the day before. My other Win 10 machines don't do this.

[Moved from Windows]

BenchJack Sprat, Nov 2, 2015
  4. Porthos Win User

Do you use ccleaner? See if there is a check by Defender. Uncheck it and see what happens.

Porthos, Nov 2, 2015
  5. Borg 386 Win User
    Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win Defender forgot it scanned PC a day ago. - Similar Threads - Defender forgot scanned

2. Win Defender will not scan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win Defender will not scan?: I have an older Toshiba Win 10 laptop. The Defender settings says no actions needed and all the green checks. However, I've never known that it wouldn't run a full scan, or a quick scan whether it says no actions needed or not. In Services it says it's on Automatic. I've...
  3. Win Defender will not scan?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win Defender will not scan?: I have an older Toshiba Win 10 laptop. The Defender settings says no actions needed and all the green checks. However, I've never known that it wouldn't run a full scan, or a quick scan whether it says no actions needed or not. In Services it says it's on Automatic. I've...
  4. Win Defender will not scan?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Defender Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Scan: How can I get Defender to Scan for Trojans and Virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-scan/083ea49b-dc6b-4b9b-b941-272a63df8f53
  6. Defender Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Scan: How can I get Defender to Scan for Trojans and Virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-scan/083ea49b-dc6b-4b9b-b941-272a63df8f53
  7. My pc is stuck on scanning and repairing drive. I downloaded windows 10 3 days ago and it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc is stuck on scanning and repairing drive. I downloaded windows 10 3 days ago and it...: My pc has been stuck on scanning and repairing drive for 3 days when I installed windows 10. I guess it downloaded. Pc shows nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-stuck-on-scanning-and-repairing-drive-i/782e72cd-0980-4d44-b47c-6ba2bed2e494
  8. No results for Win Defender Offline Scan....WHY?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No results for Win Defender Offline Scan....WHY?: No results for Win Defender Offline Scan....WHY? Memory Integrity will not start....NEW computer. HP 17.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/no-results-for-win-defender-offline-scanwhy/d85fb507-90bb-4159-b2a8-2266b9931979
  9. win defender boot time scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win defender boot time scan: I am running 1903 on 3 laptops and have not been able to get Window Defenders boot time scan to work on any of them. I assume this being that their is no clear visual indication that one is running as it supposedly scans and no where in the log does it indicate that a...
  10. restore to 2 days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore to 2 days ago: I want to restore computer to 2 days ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-2-days-ago/85995d58-361e-497c-9c7b-7972ccc13c4d