Windows 10: Win Explorer, how to search for 10.20 to find the file abc_10.20.pdf ?

Discus and support Win Explorer, how to search for 10.20 to find the file abc_10.20.pdf ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, how is it done in Win Explorer, to find search terms including a dot ? search for 10.20 to find the file abc_10.20.pdf ? Right now i receive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Frank1000, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Frank1000 Win User

Win Explorer, how to search for 10.20 to find the file abc_10.20.pdf ?

Hi,
    how is it done in Win Explorer, to find search terms including a dot ?

search for 10.20 to find the file abc_10.20.pdf ?

Right now i receive 0 results, although the file exists.

Regards,
    Frank

:)

Frank1000, Feb 7, 2017
  2. donXU Win User

Win 10 pdf files changed to internet explorer cannot open

my Win 10 pdf files have changed to internet explorer and cannot open them. How do I change back to adobe pdf file ext?

GO

donXU, Feb 7, 2017
  3. APyy Win User
    exact word search

I need help with finding EXACT word search (windows 10, windows explorer) in my documents. I have spent many hours to no avail.

I have selected in search options "search file name and content", tried rebuild indexing and other different options without success. when I do a search it brings up tens of pdf files in result, when I open the pdf files and do a search within the pdf file
    for the same word it can not find it. Extremely frustrating.

APyy, Feb 7, 2017
  4. Win Explorer, how to search for 10.20 to find the file abc_10.20.pdf ?

Type:
    *10.20*.pdf

or just:
    *10.20.pdf

and make sure you are searching from the root of the drive eg C: or D:

Alternatively you can open up Command Prompt and type:
    cd c:\

and then:
    dir /s *10.20*.pdf

or:
    dir /s *10.20.pdf

or if you want your search result to be put in a text file:
    dir /s *10.20*.pdf > C:\result.txt

slicendice, Feb 7, 2017
Thema:

Win Explorer, how to search for 10.20 to find the file abc_10.20.pdf ?

1. Win Explorer, how to search for 10.20 to find the file abc_10.20.pdf ? - Similar Threads - Explorer search find

2. 20

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    20: 123456789 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20/9ba896b8-09ae-4d91-a683-024b67aa6378
  3. Windows10 Desktop not showing in File Explorer. Tried minimum of 20 google searches and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 Desktop not showing in File Explorer. Tried minimum of 20 google searches and...: I did a clean reset on my laptop; installed new Office 365, everything worked but in File Explorer the option for DESKTOP to save to is gone. Spent hours over last few days sparingly attempting to fix in vain. Did the folder options, regedit, everything. Nothing worked. I...
  4. Windows10 Desktop not showing in File Explorer. Tried minimum of 20 google searches and...

Windows10 Desktop not showing in File Explorer. Tried minimum of 20 google searches and...: I did a clean reset on my laptop; installed new Office 365, everything worked but in File Explorer the option for DESKTOP to save to is gone. Spent hours over last few days sparingly attempting to fix in vain. Did the folder options, regedit, everything. Nothing worked. I...
  5. Windows10 Desktop not showing in File Explorer. Tried minimum of 20 google searches and...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Win 10 Explorer - not finding pdf files. Please help?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Explorer - not finding pdf files. Please help?: Win 10 Explorer - recently only in some folders shows pdf files but in a search doesn't find any pdf files even with simple names like 'test', while finding all others. Acrobat selected as 'default pdf handler.Updates are current. A roll back to previous updates made no...
  7. Win 10 Explorer - not finding pdf files. Please help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Explorer - not finding pdf files. Please help?: Win 10 Explorer - recently only in some folders shows pdf files but in a search doesn't find any pdf files even with simple names like 'test', while finding all others. Acrobat selected as 'default pdf handler.Updates are current. A roll back to previous updates made no...
  8. Win 10 Explorer - not finding pdf files. Please help?

9. windows file explorer always at 20% CPU followed by search services on 5% to 10%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows file explorer always at 20% CPU followed by search services on 5% to 10%: environment:windows 10 pro - build 20h216gb, i5 10th gen256gb ssdsurface pro 7Azure AD joined managed by intuneMS Office desktop and onedrive main appsok, the previous build, 1-2 months ago, we noticed that when the laptop was coming out of sleep, all apps was really slow....
  10. Win 10 Update Feb 20

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Update Feb 20: Following almost every update I have problems with my HP Officejet 4500 printer. This time I have discovered, with HP's help, that the problem lies with Windows. I have tried to open Printer Settings and I find that all dropdown menu boxes are blank and all tab and menu...