Windows 10: Win Explorer is displaying the file size incorrectly, KB where is MB

Discus and support Win Explorer is displaying the file size incorrectly, KB where is MB in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; New Laptop w/Win 10 displayed the file size correctly until this morning. This morning, they all are KB. It USES KB instead MB. I know they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jagman, Jul 17, 2017.

1. jagman Win User

Win Explorer is displaying the file size incorrectly, KB where is MB

New Laptop w/Win 10 displayed the file size correctly until this morning.

This morning, they all are KB.

It USES KB instead MB. I know they are MB size.

Example, right window where the files are listed under the SIZE col, all are 00,000 KB.
    I know they are large so I went to PROPERTY lists correctly, 00,000 MB.

ANYONE?

:)

jagman, Jul 17, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How to display file sizes in MB/GB/TB etc instead of only KB in Windows Explorer?

No you cannot view file size in KB, MB, GB and TB in Windows File Explorer, you never could . . .

There is third party software that will do that for you, such as the free Folder Size Explorer!

DaveM121, Jul 17, 2017
  3. ishmo65 Win User
    How To display Size in MB or GB instead of KB in the File Explorer?

"Hope this helps" ? I think you're saying you can't do anything other than show size KB. File Explorer may have changes it's name but it seems whatver its name, it's well and truly stuck in the past !

ishmo65, Jul 17, 2017
Thema:

Win Explorer is displaying the file size incorrectly, KB where is MB

1. Win Explorer is displaying the file size incorrectly, KB where is MB - Similar Threads - Explorer displaying file

2. Is there a way to make the file size column to display in Mb instead of kb in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to make the file size column to display in Mb instead of kb in file explorer?: When I use file explorer in detail view, it displays the file size in kb. Is there a way to make it display the file size in Mb instead of kb? When I use any other view icons, tiles, list, etc, it displays the file size in Mb, so how do I get that in detail view??...
  3. Is there a way to make the file size column to display in Mb instead of kb in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to make the file size column to display in Mb instead of kb in file explorer?: When I use file explorer in detail view, it displays the file size in kb. Is there a way to make it display the file size in Mb instead of kb? When I use any other view icons, tiles, list, etc, it displays the file size in Mb, so how do I get that in detail view??...
  4. Is there a way to make the file size column to display in Mb instead of kb in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing KB to MB In windows file explorer

Changing KB to MB In windows file explorer: How do I change KB To MB in Windows File Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-kb-to-mb-in-windows-file-explorer/241b61f2-525b-4005-b386-d645dc4fbfcb
  6. Changing KB to MB In windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing KB to MB In windows file explorer: How do I change KB To MB in Windows File Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-kb-to-mb-in-windows-file-explorer/241b61f2-525b-4005-b386-d645dc4fbfcb
  7. Changing KB to MB In windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. file explorer displaying things incorrectly

file explorer displaying things incorrectly: Whenever I try to delete big files, my storage shown in file explorer shows that I am losing space rather than gaining space. Not sure why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-displaying-things-incorrectly/40cd3369-f606-4f18-a624-1fd6ca8d9989
  9. File Explorer incorrect size.

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer incorrect size.: [ATTACH]I recently got a new laptop and when i started it the search bar in file explorer/control panel was the wrong size does anyone know where this setting is? a screenshot is linked bellow....
  10. How to display files size with File Explorer?

in Cortana
    How to display files size with File Explorer?: Can File Explore display a file size (bytes) without opening the file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-display-files-size-with-file-explorer/73380b2a-b28d-49f8-8816-eb95e2e73a14"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 file explorere incorrect folder size