Windows 10: Win keeps sending me back to the log in screen when unattended?

Discus and support Win keeps sending me back to the log in screen when unattended? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I leave my computer for more than 30 min or so, I come back and I am at the log in screen. Applications that where running have stopped. Sleep and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scrabblegod, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Win keeps sending me back to the log in screen when unattended?

If I leave my computer for more than 30 min or so, I come back and I am at the log in screen. Applications that where running have stopped.
    Sleep and hibernate are disabled, and screen timeout has been set to 5 hours.
    This started about a month ago, and after 2 weeks was back to normal and then a week ago started doing it again.

Any thoughts?

edit: after looking at event viewer, I see this line following each restart:
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff806886c15b0, 0xffffbb80f6c657f8, 0xffffbb80f6c65020). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: c37fabf6-f681-4d14-b0cd-32787a74b441.
    Thanks,
    Gene

:)

Scrabblegod, Jan 4, 2017
  2. Gil deG Win User

log on screen name keeps changing back to the old one

While you are on the log in screen, press "PrintScrn" button on your keyboard.

Sign in to your account then open Paint, paste the print screen then save.

When you reply here, paste again the printed screen on the response box.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Gil deG, Jan 4, 2017
  3. Gil deG Win User
    log on screen name keeps changing back to the old one

Hi,

In order for us to better know your concern, may we ask a screenshot of the page on how you changes the log on screen on your computer. This is for us to isolate the issue if it's a system issue or settings concern.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Gil deG, Jan 4, 2017
  4. Anak Win User

Win keeps sending me back to the log in screen when unattended?

Hi Scrabblegod, welcome to 10F! *Smile

The bugcheck 0x0000007e refers to: STOP 0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED; Its usual causes are: Insufficient disk space, Device driver, Video card, BIOS, Breakpoint with no debugger attached, Hardware incompatibility, Faulty system service, Memory, 3rd party remote control.
    Read through the carrona link especially below the KB article links starting at Cause and Resolving the Problem to see if you recognize anything that might relate to your situation.

After looking at your system specs the only thing I could suggest is checking for a new(er) driver for the 560ti GPU.
    • I would of drilled down for your driver here: Drivers | GeForce, but you don't list what bit rate (32 or 64) your version of win 10 is.
    • With this being a 560 it makes me wonder if your 10 machine is an upgrade from win7 or 8.
    • You could try doing a re-install of the present 560 driver, sometimes that helps if the driver becomes corrupted somehow.
    • When was the last time you restarted this machine, preformed a disk cleanup?
    • There are some missing entries in your system specs that would provide more information, you could learn more if you used this to finish filling in your specs.
    • Use this DM Log Collector to obtain more comprehensive information relating to you problem, then upload the file that is created to this thread in your next reply, we may have to ask the Mods to move your thread to the BSOD Crashes and Debugging forum to get more eyes on your problem.

Anak, Jan 4, 2017
Thema:

Win keeps sending me back to the log in screen when unattended?

1. Win keeps sending me back to the log in screen when unattended? - Similar Threads - keeps sending log

2. Windows 10 keeps sending me back to home screen immediately after sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps sending me back to home screen immediately after sign in: Yesterday when i tried shutting down my pc i got the message that other user is using it and they may lose work so i went to my microsoft account and saw that someone was trying to log into my account literally every hour so i changed the alias email and password and shut...
  3. Windows 10 keeps sending me back to home screen immediately after sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keeps sending me back to home screen immediately after sign in: Yesterday when i tried shutting down my pc i got the message that other user is using it and they may lose work so i went to my microsoft account and saw that someone was trying to log into my account literally every hour so i changed the alias email and password and shut...
  4. My screen keeps sending me back to the Lock Screen when I log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen keeps sending me back to the Lock Screen when I log in: I need help .When I login to my computer it lets me do stuff for about 7 minutes, then it goes straight back to the log in screen. Then after that first time it won’t let me log in it just keeps sending me to the sign in/lock screenno 7 minutes after the first login it just...
  5. My screen keeps sending me back to the Lock Screen when I log in

My screen keeps sending me back to the Lock Screen when I log in: I need help .When I login to my computer it lets me do stuff for about 7 minutes, then it goes straight back to the log in screen. Then after that first time it won’t let me log in it just keeps sending me to the sign in/lock screenno 7 minutes after the first login it just...
  6. windows 10 keeps sending me back to log in screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 keeps sending me back to log in screen: It does not stay open long enough to change any settings. looked through similar question responses and nothing has worked so far. Now it does not stay on long enough to make any changes. I have a hp desktop and 365 subsription....
  7. windows 10 keeps sending me back to log in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 keeps sending me back to log in screen: It does not stay open long enough to change any settings. looked through similar question responses and nothing has worked so far. Now it does not stay on long enough to make any changes. I have a hp desktop and 365 subsription....
  8. windows 10 keeps sending me back to log in screen

9. sending me back to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    sending me back to desktop: when i'm in my email or any page really, i'll be typing & all of a sudden it sends me back to my desktop & i loose everything i had been typing PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-me-back-to-desktop/58f65861-00cd-486c-bce6-2d41497ac1ed
  10. System keeps sending me BACK to the top of the folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System keeps sending me BACK to the top of the folder.: While trying to clean up and remove dupes from a large folder, no matter how far down I get, it will boot me BACK TO THE TOP of the folder. So, I have to keep scrolling back and forth, to find the last spot that I was working on. Any ideas??...