Windows 10: Win Live Mail not letting me create new message

Discus and support Win Live Mail not letting me create new message in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The Message store should be located at C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail You will have to enable "show hidden files" to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by essenbe, Apr 5, 2018.

1. essenbe Win User

Win Live Mail not letting me create new message

The Message store should be located at C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail You will have to enable "show hidden files" to find it. Copy the whole folder somewhere else and backup your contacts first.

Several other things.
    Windows Live Mail is no longer supported by Microsoft. So, there is no download link any longer.

If you have the offline installer, it can still be installed.

If you can install it, open it up for a minute after it is installed. That will cause it to create the C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail folder.

Close the whole program completely and go find the new Windows Live mail folder and delete it and replace it with the olde WLM folder you copied from your current installation.

All of your email accounts, folders and emails should be there next time you open it. All you will have to do is enter the email password for your email accounts.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
  2. cglittle Win User

As title says, I have recently experienced a problem with Windows Live Mail from essentials 2011 package.
    I haven't changed any settings and its been working fine up until today.
    I can receive normally, but if I try to reply to a message, or create a new email, I get a box saying "A problem occurred when trying to open this message. A problem has occurred. Please try again"

Is there a way of repairing the software without uninstalling and starting again.

I am running Windows 10 Home.

:)

cglittle, Apr 23, 2018
  3. SueBranch Win User
    Live Mail after Windows 10 download

After Win 10 download when using Live Mail messages disappear when creating new ones. It starts off OK but suddenly the new message disappears in the middle of composing the email.

SueBranch, Apr 23, 2018
  4. LMJK Win User

Sending photos by email from Windows 10 Photo app

I have Windows 10. I have just installed Windows Live email on my new computer and made that as my default mail program. When I try to send a photo from the Windows 10 Photo app (Share/Mail), it will not use my default email program but wants me to create
    new mail accounts (Message is: "First things first. let's add your accounts"). I tried just adding the accounts I have already created in Windows Live, but it does not recognize them. Any suggestions on how to deal with this would be most appreciated.

5. essenbe Win User
    Welcome to tenforums. If you go to uninstall programs, select Windows Essentials, you should have an option to uninstall or repair.

essenbe, Apr 23, 2018
  6. cglittle Win User
    On my Win10 Home, I get modify, or uninstall. The modify is greyed out and cannot be clicked.
    It looks like uninstall and reinstall is the way forward, but will that pick up the message store it used before

cglittle, Apr 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Win Live Mail not letting me create new message - Similar Threads - Live Mail letting

2. New Outlook not letting me send mail.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Outlook not letting me send mail.: in the new Outlook app, which appeared after toggling new Outlook in mail and calendar, the "new mail" button is seemingly absent. submitted by /u/MistaNoob1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/16wuw2q/new_outlook_not_letting_me_send_mail/
  3. Live Mail unable to send messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live Mail unable to send messages: I have Windows 7 on my desktop and use Windows Live Mail. I receive messages, but recently I have been unable to send messages. I get the following error message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test' Server: 'promail.ptd.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID:...
  4. Live Mail unable to send messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live Mail unable to send messages: I have Windows 7 on my desktop and use Windows Live Mail. I receive messages, but recently I have been unable to send messages. I get the following error message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test' Server: 'promail.ptd.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID:...
  5. Live Mail "Message could not be displayed"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Live Mail "Message could not be displayed": After the 11/1 Windows 10 update my Windows Live mail now gets an error message 'message could not be displayed" for all my incoming emails. How can I fix this??...
  6. Error message in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message in Windows Live Mail: Since the August 2019 crash of Telus email, every time I open Window live mail ( I know it's unsupported and old but has, until now worked perfectly) I have been receiving the following error message in Window Live Mail: unable to send or receive messages for the Telus ( )...
  7. Live Mail in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Live Mail in Win 10: Win does not recognize Live Mail as a choice for .eml files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-in-win-10/3f2a3fa5-58dc-4f33-a9b1-1ca3c05c1768"
  8. Windows Live Mail error message

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail error message: Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum so please be gentle with me! I am reasonably computer literate (started when Win 3.1 was the current OS) but new to Win 10 which I have just acquired pre installed on a new PC. I use WLM and got it running well on two separate accounts on...
  9. Win Live MAIL problem

in Browsers and Email
    Win Live MAIL problem: I have a new laptop with Win10 installed and ever since downloading WinLive Mail, Win Live Mail has given me problems. It spends hours saying it is upgrading, I cannot get rid of it unless, I shut the laptop down and remove the battery. This is ridiculous. Anyone else with...
  10. win live mail problems in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    win live mail problems in win 10: Suddenly my email has gone haywire. My App for win live mail has a shield on it that means I have to open it as admin, and I get a box asking me if I want to let this programme to make changes. When mail opens I invariably get a box asking me to enter my password....