Windows 10: Win Live Mail & Thunderbird "Poof" Email

Discus and support Win Live Mail & Thunderbird "Poof" Email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, All First time in the forum. In Win Live Mail when I click on an email it goes poof! and disappears. This is an intermittent occurrence, but... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Pugmom, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Pugmom Win User

Win Live Mail & Thunderbird "Poof" Email

Hi, All
    First time in the forum.

In Win Live Mail when I click on an email it goes poof! and disappears. This is an intermittent occurrence, but now it is happening more frequently. Occasionally, I can find it in Trash, but not very often.

I installed Thunderbird, hoping it would fix whatever glitch was in Win Mail. But, the same thing is happening.

I don't what what to do at this point.

Hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks so much in advance,

:)

Pugmom, Nov 9, 2016

2. Email association with Windows 10

Hotmail

DoreenLomond, Nov 9, 2016
  3. Mail program in Windows 10

Just use Thunderbird — Software made to make email easier. thunderbird is a good mail client with chance to extention.

Mikael Jakobsson, Nov 9, 2016
  4. Win Live Mail & Thunderbird "Poof" Email

Hello and welcome, @Pugmom:

I suspect some sort of corruption, or perhaps incorrect settings in WLM/TB or your email accounts.

We need a bit more information in order to better assist you...
    (And disclaimer: I know nothing about WLM.)

• What version of Thunderbird?
    • POP or IMAP acounts (or both)?
    • ISP mail, webmail (e.g. gmail or yahoomail), corporate/Exchange mail?
    • Did you import your WLM data into TB, or did you start fresh with TB?
    • What do the disappearing messages have in common? For example, are they all in a specific folder, or in the same account, or is it just new messages?
    • Have you looked in your spam/junk folders and/or in the trash folder for the missing messages?
    • Have you recently (or ever) compacted your folders?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 10, 2016
  5. Pugmom Win User
    I really appreciate your answering me.
    I listed all the answers to your questions below.
    Thanks,
    Leslie

I suspect some sort of corruption, or perhaps incorrect settings in WLM/TB or your email accounts.

We need a bit more information in order to better assist you...
    (And disclaimer: I know nothing about WLM.)

• What version of Thunderbird?
    • I am using 45.2.0
    • POP or IMAP acounts (or both)?
    IMAP only

• ISP mail, webmail (e.g. gmail or yahoomail), corporate/Exchange mail?
    • gmail & comcast
    • Did you import your WLM data into TB, or did you start fresh with TB?
    Imported everything. Thousands of emails that I don't want or need.

• What do the disappearing messages have in common? For example, are they all in a specific folder, or in the same account, or is it just new messages?

• They are in the Inbox folders. Mostly new messages on which I click
    • Have you looked in your spam/junk folders and/or in the trash folder for the missing messages?

Yes, I have looked everywhere. Occasionally I may find one, but that doesn't happen often. This is the same in either FF or WLM

• Have you recently (or ever) compacted your folders?
    • No, never. And as I said, I have thousands that moved over.

Pugmom, Nov 10, 2016
  6. Hi:

Thanks for the update.

I know very little about hands-on use of IMAP.
    But it's very different from POP3, because the messages are not actually downloaded locally.
    Pretty much everything is happening at the server.
    So we'll need to wait for someone here who is facile with WLM, TB and IMAP.

Until then, there are many helpful articles about IMAP and deleted mail messages at forums.mozillazine.org

I have a feeling, as previously mentioned, that it's either corruption in what sounds like a very large profile, and/or account configuration issues (e.g. some sort of settings to "delete when read").
    You might poke around in your TB settings and/or in both your gmail and ISP accounts to see if there is a "delete when read" setting.

MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 10, 2016
  7. flhthemi Win User
    JUST AN FYI - Not much in the way of help but...

I use Thunderbird with AT&T IMAP (imap.mail.att.net) no issues at all...
    I also use it with yahoo (imap.mail.yahoo.com) No issues there either
    I also use it for google (imap.gmail.com) No issues there either
    I also use it for outlook (imap-mail.outlook.com) None here either....

Thunderbird is installed on every PC I have (several desktops and laptops) and my Surface 3 tablet.

My whole point is just to say it does work and works well. Kind of a useless post I know...but just thought if it was *ME* having issues I would want to know from someone that it does work....

flhthemi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win Live Mail & Thunderbird "Poof" Email

1. Win Live Mail & Thunderbird "Poof" Email - Similar Threads - Live Mail Thunderbird

2. Windows 11 Mail deleted my Thunderbird email!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Mail deleted my Thunderbird email!: I found instructions in this forum on how to remove my email account from Windows Mail, after I noticed that it was placing copies of my Outlook email there. But I don't use Windows Mail and did not set it up. I use Thunderbird and have for years. So I searched for a...
  3. Windows 11 Mail deleted my Thunderbird email!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Mail deleted my Thunderbird email!: I found instructions in this forum on how to remove my email account from Windows Mail, after I noticed that it was placing copies of my Outlook email there. But I don't use Windows Mail and did not set it up. I use Thunderbird and have for years. So I searched for a...
  4. changed win live email pw but still can not login to win live mail why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    changed win live email pw but still can not login to win live mail why?: acct was logged out why? now ill not accept pw so i changed it and still can not log in what i up with that your system is bad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-win-live-email-pw-but-still-can-not-login/973acf3d-47d4-47e8-912e-cb8941f018d0
  5. Windows Live Mail deleted emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail deleted emails: In Windows Live Mail running on Windows 10, when an email is deleted it is not transferred into the Deleted folder. How do you arrange for all deleted emails to be transferred and retained in the Deleted folder. Graham...
  6. Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook: Is there a reliable way to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to an Outlook .pst file? I can see that there are a number of free third party programs that claim to do it but I'm never sure if they can be trusted. I'd like to transfer over the emails I have on my old...
  7. Live Mail in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Live Mail in Win 10: Win does not recognize Live Mail as a choice for .eml files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-in-win-10/3f2a3fa5-58dc-4f33-a9b1-1ca3c05c1768"
  8. Can I move emails in Windows Live Mail to Mozilla Thunderbird?

in Browsers and Email
    Can I move emails in Windows Live Mail to Mozilla Thunderbird?: Got a new computer. Old one used Windows Live Mail but can't get it working on the new one. Is it possible to move my emails from WLM into Thunderbird? 86865
  9. Win Live MAIL problem

in Browsers and Email
    Win Live MAIL problem: I have a new laptop with Win10 installed and ever since downloading WinLive Mail, Win Live Mail has given me problems. It spends hours saying it is upgrading, I cannot get rid of it unless, I shut the laptop down and remove the battery. This is ridiculous. Anyone else with...
  10. win live mail problems in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    win live mail problems in win 10: Suddenly my email has gone haywire. My App for win live mail has a shield on it that means I have to open it as admin, and I get a box asking me if I want to let this programme to make changes. When mail opens I invariably get a box asking me to enter my password....